Red Shinies

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nrgy, Apr 8, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

I have recently completed my TS Epic for the Earring of the Solstice (sp) and begun to hunt down the Red Shinies around the world. Yeah, Me! If I realized the buff included the the run speed I would have done it Long ago, but I digress.
    So, I'm out hunting down Red Shinies ... I use the ZAM page as reference to see what information is available to help locate them. I also look at Wiki and google for as much information as I can find. I call it research and usually do it well, but tbh, the information is pretty weak at best.
    Red Shinies : http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Category:EQ...Red_Collections
    1. Slime Samples Down Below / Thieves Way
    2. Wooden Salvage Enchanted Lands
    3. Fae Fireflies Steamfont
    4. Bar Glasses Loping Plains
    5. Piano Keys Barren Sky
    6. Chart Fragments Fens of Nathsar
    7. Faydwer Flowers G-Fay
    8. Tunare's Glade Leaves G-Fay
    9. Deathfist Forge Scraps Zek
    10. Sootfoot Forge Scraps Lavastorm
    11. Peacock Club Relics Maj'Dul
    12. Halas Hunting Frostfang Sea
    13. Paineel Plumbin Paineel
    14. Thurgadin Mementos Thurgadin
    15. Bristlebane's Memorie Bristlebane event
    I have completed, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 13, 14, 15
    I have not started 3, 9, 10, 11, 12,
    I have FAILED finding anything about #7 G-Fay [Faydwer Flowers]. It says they are suppose to be on the paths around the Nursery. I searched every inch of the Nursery, the Beach AND everywhere else in all of G-Fay and found no sign of these anywhere.
    I completed #8, but consider it a failure becasue I actually bought 1 piece from the broker. I only found these in Tunare's Glade near the spire. They had a fast respawn (under 5 minutes) and could have 2 spawns available at the same time. The problem was I collected the first 3 pieces 10 times each and later only 1 of the next 3 and none of the 7th piece. I realize I have negative RNG faction but this was horrible. Are these the only 2 spawns for this collection and does the RNG really hate me that much.
    p.s. I really hate these being LORE but somehow I am dealing with this fact.
  2. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

3 - steamfont, can be everywhere in the zone (except tunnels and top of hills)
    7 - greater faydark, nursery, around the starting location, mushroom rings, up to the bixie area, not on the sand, not on the grobbin area either.
    8 - greater faydark, tunare's glade, 3 spawn points I think but they're pretty hard to see, can get stuck in leaves and so on. I usually harvest all 3, go dump them at the bank, harvest next 3, and so on.
    9 - Zek, roads between entrance to the green vale and around the mine mostly.
    10 - Lavastorm, I think only in the starting areas? So around the lava where the first horse is and all the bottom of the map to the east, where all the goblins quest givers are. Nothing in the 80+ area.
    11 - one by each major location, so one at the entrance (around library), 1 by court of blades or area below (champion court I think), 1 by court of truth or area below (where the house is and one of the dragons), 1 by golden scepter (garden around or behind tents in the market). I think there is one linked to the court of coin and housing area (there was one once at the feet of Baraka) but I don't always found it.
    12 - tradeskill/housing area or mostly in houses in the main part of the city. they can pop down on the road to the docks.
  3. ARCHIVED-Crickett Guest

Nrgy wrote:
    I only added to the information as "once in a blue moon" I've seen them in other areas So go with what Whilihelmina said unless you have a problem :)
    And yes, there seems to be a rare for red shiny's too :( don't feel bad about buying one.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Crickett wrote:
    The one which seems rare to one character of mine is always the one I pick up first and in multiples by another. Happens with Holiday and other special shiny's too.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Get a Gnomish Divining Rod
  6. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    This. If you do it with multiple characters you'll end up with a fairly even spread in the end.
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I'm adding everyone's notes to the individual collection pages. Rember, ZAM's a wiki and anyone can edit it!!
  8. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

Nrgy wrote:
    Just dropping by to give an update to my progress and pass on a few more tidbits of information regarding Red Shines in general or specific.
    First off, I will say that the rare harvest for one toon seems to be the common one for other toons. This has to be one of the Murphy's Laws to Harvesters, the Red-Headed-Stepchild of Tradeskillers. So many times I have struggled to find that last piece only to later check the broker and find out its the most common and least expensive piece of a set. I end up /bloodboiling everytime, only to be comforted by the fact that I can now sell the 5 or 6 extra multiples I harvested at the time which were actually the rarer ones (according to the Broker economy) and make a nice little profit.
    I have just finished 3, 9, 10 and 11. This means I only have #7 (Fay Flowers) and #12 (Halas Hunting) left to work on which is AWESOME. I expect to finish all the Red collections in the next day or so.
    I will say that #11 is a PITA. I found the Reds spawning in 4 areas mainly, but I'm certain I missed spawns in 1 or 2 other spots. The colorization in Maj'Dul is what makes then difficult. The Sunlight reflecting on the Sand makes the red almost impossible to see in some spawn locations. I really should have played with my graphics settings more and turned off as much of the shadowing and relfection as I could while still allowing the shinies to glow. The hidey-holes and all the buildings really make you search for these things.
    • Maj'Dul spawn area I found were as follows
      • Tower of the Moon .. hard to see/find turn down the graphics due to a lot of Sunlight glare.
      • Midday Market - 2 spawns one in the gated yard outside the Golden Scepter area the other out and about in the common area between the stairs on both sides. Sometimes stuck really close to the tents and merchants.
      • Champions Court (maybe near the Court of Blades)
      • Court of Truth
    Any bonus, reward, achievemnt or title for having all red and/or Blue shines completed? I'm at 260 collections turned in now so already have the 200 'Perceptive' title and know there is another general collection title @ 400.
    I have been holding off doing the turn in on these as I have also been working on my Blue shines at the same time, which I am 80% complete with the Reds & Blues from Faydwer and 90% complete with Kunark Reds & Blues. I haven't started the Shadows Blues and doubt they will be completed anytime soon, but you never know. When all is said and done I'll have about 50 high level collections to turn in at the same time. As it is today I have 292 AA's (got 2.5 from Seb basement last night working on the blue set). I am torn between hoping I have enough to ding from 292 to 300 or that I'll only get 1 to 2 AA's from all that collecting. Either way I'll be using a 110% pot just encase for the turn-ins.