Reclaim Characters Missing

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Fixit, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Fixit Active Member

When server went down, btw site does not reflect this, I lost access to all my toons on the Skyfire server yet again. This happened 6 months ago and DB had NO fix for it and marked the ticket as Solved more than once.

I did find a fix for this problem..... Log into your accounts manually IF you can remember your password. Unfortunately for for me DB has asked me so many times to reset my passwords I now can not recall it.

When I TRY to log in and click on "Forgot Password" for some reason it will reset the account I am trying to log into. I have multiple accounts yet when I try to get my password DB's site will not let me access a thing on that account, it switches me to another.

There must be an easier way. o_O
  2. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I'm going to go bejork if I lose any characters .. I have spent so much money on this game it is unbelievable. With 12 toons each with multiple houses decorated beautifully, armor & weapons, mounts and familiars and custom mercenaries ... well, I won't panic until something bad happens. I will sit and be patient and wait with everyone else. Of course they have to restore all the goodies and characters that we have paid them for. It's breach of contract if they don't. And Fixit, I have had the same password since day one, so that is good. Not panicking ... not panicking ...
  3. sol87 New Member

Any competent server admin will keep backups! How long to get it back up depends on if they can just reboot and recover from the issue, or have to wipe and restore stuff from backup and then work on figuring out why/how this happened.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Fixit Active Member

Its a game glitch that removes toons. The auto login gets bugged & the account will show but a few of the toons and usually on your alt servers. Easy fix is to log in using Log in - New Account and enter your user name and password. I would do that but cant remember my passwords and it seems the more accounts I try to log into, at present anyway, game is removing toons. My advice is DO NOT log into any accounts till you are sure game is up and running or you might bug your toons. Just my two cents/head up.
    Breanna and WhysperWynde like this.
  5. sol87 New Member

Yea definitely just chill on messing with anything that communicates with the EQ2 server right now, you don't want to get caught in some sort of bug purgatory.
  6. mythicaly Active Member

my account once logged in shows as brand new with nothing pu4rchased i'm all access but not in game. this is nuts.......no reply from DB yet