Recklessness & Hate Positions

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Liav, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Liav Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is the same way for other classes, but currently, going into Recklessness is doing a little bit more than simply "removing" threat positions from damaging abilities. It is turning them into negative threat positions.

It's getting annoying accidentally hitting Staggering Blow and having the mob turn around and kick someone's *** because I have to break my general attack efficiency pattern to hold aggro. We already have -30% hate gain on Recklessness, we don't need to have Scout threat positionals as well.

Am I alone in this complaint?
  2. Silzin Active Member

Its only the Brawlers that have 2 of the snaps changed into - Positionals. But Reckless is not designed for you to be able to tank in it and as a monk i like having the 2 - Positionals that i have. I think that all tanks should have 1 or 2 - Positionals.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

exactly. Reckless was NOT meant to tank in. it was meant specifically for raiders to get other tanks into the raid that aren't tanking that fight...or groups to have more then 1 tank in it and people not to complain about it. a tank isn't supposed to be tanking in Reckless.
  4. Duele Active Member

Supposedly the negative hate positions that Brawlers get is a bug. At least according to posts by Xelgad when the stance first came out.

Obviously it is not at the top of their list of things to fix.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

bug or not you shouldn't be tanking in Reckless. Granted myself with 45% Hate Mod and none of my taunts going negative... tank just fine in Reckless for a group-zone but still that isn't what the stance was meant for.

On the note of Reckless though, it really is diminished returns for Warriors when compared to Crusaders/Brawlers. We scale more off CB than Potency so Warriors are getting diminished results from Reckless, especially when compared to Crusaders.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

As a guard I only use it to solo. The dps increase is pitiful.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

That is why I hardly use it. 600-700% Potency for a Guardian really only makes our Taunts more powerful... kinda backwards when you think about it o_O
  8. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Reckless should a tank be able to do some dmg, well dont think he should do that much damage as he did right now ^^ (I have a tank and i am mt/ot in raid), but don´t tank.
    Well got this problem at raids, where our dd´s complain about getting agro, cause of tanks needs to stay in reckless for the love of god ^^