recently returned to game, provi at 100 and no longer seems to gain exp

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by chef cleri, Nov 24, 2018.

1. chef cleri New Member

title pretty much explains, got my provisioner to lvl100, added recipe seller to guild hall and bought the book, exp at zero, ran off a half dozen lvl100 recipes, didn't expect a lot of exp but kinda thought i would see something, 6 completed recipes, exp bar still says 0.00%, do i need to talk to someone after making 100?
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You do not gain the experience that way. First of all, check all of your tradeskill lines using either the Wiki or EQ2U and make sure you have completed all of the ToT line. We had to writ grind using the level 100 writ until we hit level 101 and then we had to writ grind using a level 110 writ because we lost the level 100 writ when we hit 101 and all the writs from 101 to 110 are level 110 writs. We could then start getting the books from our guild merchant. Now mind you, we did this at launch because the TS line was more than 60 days out from implementation into the game. If you can do the PoP TS line, I would suggest you try that first although I found grinding writs easier.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

You need at least the PoP xpac to level higher than 100.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Kuulei like this.
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

Expanding on the previous answers a little. The new levels take vastly more experience than before. So even dozens of combines won't move the needle significantly. The only way to gain noticeable experience now is quest completion, ether writs, or from the timeline.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Writs give SOME xp.. doing the sig line will get you to max level much faster and with fewer mats.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Took me around 10-12 writs per level, which I thought was a relatively decent rate. I refused to do the PoP TS timeline - not interested in combines that take 5+ minutes or having to dodge one-shot mobs etc. So writs were my preferred method, and I didn't find it too onerous.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

The only drawback on leveling off of writs, is you miss out on the 7th slot harvesting bag, which while not game changing, was nice enough I wanted it on all my crafters. Since the crafting line came out well after my crafters were already 110 via writs, to me it was worth still doing the line. Of course value is in the eye of the beholder, and individual preferences will drive the leveling method. .
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Don't forget the really cool crafting focused familiar!
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I still did the TS sig line even though I slogged through writs long before it was implemented. I am a completionist, I have to complete everything. It may take me a lot longer than everybody else, but I get there all the same.
    Breanna, Dude and Rosyposy like this.