Recent Berserker Changes

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Moorgard, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-mjw Guest

Just a wizard here admiring moorguard's attention. I can't comment on how balanced your class is or isn't compared to many others. I will say that you're clearly not meant to be pure dps though. The dps classes wiz/warlock and the assassin/rangers give up all or most defensive abilities in order to get their high damage. If you had armour, taunts, and dps then you'd far surpass everyone else.

All nerfs hurt and maybe this one went too far, but I doubt complaining that you can't be a super-class will help very much.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dirtbeard Guest

Ouch. That hurts. I believed the rhetoric when the game came out about how all fighters would tank equally well, just differently. Now Berserkers will not tank as well and do "a bit more damage" in exchange for being less effective at their job.

I'm disappointed, and I'm no whiner.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kosathral Guest

I Can't believe they Nerf a class in a PVE game, how can someone whine about a character in his group an say "he deals to much DMG!!" ?!?!

Why should I play my bersi now ?..only for a little bit more dmg than a guardian and worse defence?

Nerfing a Class is the worst nightmare for a game and the players, i need the security to know that the class is still the same or even better after some years, because it takes so much time to level and equip them.

Why should you play a new class now ?... you must always have the fear it will be nerft after some months.

Only because some people cry a river on the boards.
  4. ARCHIVED-Soap Guest

Well thats me,there is no way on earth im spending as much time on another charactor on EQ2 for them to get the bum deal also,im so angry about this whole thing.

Good luck zerkers out there (the ones that havent quit yet), safe travels.

/salute
  5. ARCHIVED-Daehron Guest

Umm - folks... some perpective here.
    Head over to EQLive forums, 5 years post beta and classes are still 'not balanced.'
    And FYI... Bezerkers are TANKS... TANKS are NOT DPS.... Bezerkers and Guardians ARE interchangable in groups. Tanks stack, you just need to learn how to work together. Try stacking Bards, most of our debuff attacks don't stack with other Bards (Troubadors and Dirges). We have to adapt our techniques to work in concert. Same with a Bezerker and Guardian. Bezerker holds aggro with damage, Guardian casts mitigation buffs on Bezerker to absorb the damage. Both tanks have solid aggro in case one drops in the fight, meanwhile the DPS is doing its work on the beasties.
    They have said it was broken before, they applied fixes and are carefully monitoring things to make sure they got the desired results.
    Other classes are WAY more nerfed / bugged than zerkers. Go read the pages long posts of Necro bugs. Check out them yummy poisons that don't work for Scouts. How about them massive DPS wizards who are outdamaged by priests.
    You lolly got taken away, adapt and learn. Or go play WoW with their unbalanced classes.
  6. ARCHIVED-Grimveld Guest

In terms of damage output, berserkers are intended to fall behind bruisers and monks. Berserkers should do a bit more damage than a guardian, since they do not tank quite as well as the guardian.

So when it was said pre-release that all fighter classes would tank equally well, that was a knowing lie?
  7. ARCHIVED-Trumluk Guest

Well dangit they should just do it... Make it fighter-warrior--- (Freeport) Berserker
    \------- (Qeynos) Guardian

Then give us both same dmg Mit. Give Guards defensive buffs, Zerkers Offensive buffs and call it a day. The only way to actually differentiate between the classes will be geography.

My hope is that this would fix it for good. That way we can go on to learn our new role.
  8. ARCHIVED-Maidenchase Guest

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh THIS CRAP MAKES ME GO BESERK!!!!!

argyle
  9. ARCHIVED-mjw Guest

Tanking equally well doesn't mean that they all tank in equal ways. Doing more damage is good for a tank and so is better armour and self-buffs. That doesn't mean that each tank class is equal in every aspect of tanking -- it means those aspects are balanced.
  10. ARCHIVED-Nurta Guest

Message Edited by Nurta on 01-11-2005 09:14 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-IxothImhotep Guest

Not wise making threads to any of SOE members. Just adapt, and u will do yourself a favor instead of moaning.
  12. ARCHIVED-Curative Guest

glad i decided to go guardian..... :)
  13. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

Sorry, but you are so far from wrong here. It is in my best interest to speak up. I am, as are the rest of you, paying these peoples salaries. You are buying their cars, their clothes, and putting food in their childrens mouths. If it was not for the customer, there would be no use for the product. If there is a problem with the product, I am going to say something, even if it means directly naming an SOE "member." They are public figures for a reason buddy, they are our points of contact.
  14. ARCHIVED-IxothImhotep Guest

I am not your buddy. And you don't own any content of the game, you pay a "rent" by paying these subs, and that you get a right to use SOE's property - chars in your account(s).
  15. ARCHIVED-Tessius Guest

Hmm. Both parts of my character (Berserkser and tradeskill) just lost their fun. And I get the feeling that they WILL throw us a bone here, but it won't be enough to please the majority of us. I honestly thought I would be able to stick with EQ2 for a few years, through a few expansions, etc, but I don't know that I can slog through it anymore.
  16. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Ixoth you sound like a [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] panzy who likes it when SoE shoves crap down your throat? Are you serious about just taking the "oh well its their product approach" ? I guess you have never heard of CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.....
  17. ARCHIVED-PlatinumPrincess Guest

Excellent post. 5 stars for you.

I wish I could have put it that well myself without expletives.
  18. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

You are absolutely correct on one item, I am not your buddy. I don't make it a point to make friends with spinless wimps who won't stand up for themselves. I don't own Sonys intellectual property, but I still expect something for this "rent" fee that I pay. I still retain the right to voice my opinion in a public forum, and i can expect that my rent "fee" will get me the same services/goods that any other paying customer gets. So if my virtual little slice of their server is not performing as it should be amongst all the other little virtual slices, I am going to speak up.

Grow a pair.
  19. ARCHIVED-Sumatte Guest

Hopefully this post also means they will be investigating the Sorcerer dps issues.
  20. ARCHIVED-hesbod Guest

This thread is up to 5 pages of pi55ed off people, i wonder if we will get another "official" post on this?