Recent Berserker Changes

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Moorgard, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

The real problem with nerfs is the people who play the games reaction to them.

I'm waaaaay more afraid of the people here who are now going to tell everyone who will listen non stop how ****/lame/nerfed Zerkers are. Thats much worse than any Dev nerf. You know who you are.

And Devs, this kind of stuff KILLS us far far worse than any actual reduction in DPS or tweaks to balance. You must know that. You need to realize the mindset of many players in these games goes along this line: Zerkers. Devs nerfed them. They suck. Regardless of the facts.

*Sigh*
  2. ARCHIVED-Quillo Guest

I'm confused at to what our niche is now..

Guardians are main choice for a damage soaking tank,they hold aggro great and do strong damage.

After grouping with both paladins and SKs since patch, I find them to be a superior choice as MT over a beserker,which annoyed me as I was demoted to offtank or no beserk for you hell as we call it...was actually my choice to move aside as MT after swapping about for a few fights to see who put the healer under less stress.

Hard to compare to the brawler boys,they operate different,but are solid choices as long as you don't go too high above them..but they have their niche,they dodge and smack things hard.

So where do we fit in now?

Defence based tank(good for punching above groups weight)-guardian
    Solid all rounder with quirky support options-Paladin or SK(though both have a few broken skills,especially SKs, they are a good choice)
    All slappin' all dancin' tank-monk/bruiser(post 30..they just get better and better, excellent balanced classes)

Beserker..well, a touch more damage than guardian,but I'll manage to get hit more and for greater amounts, so no way I'd get picked over guardian, pally/sks have wards and little tricks so they move above me too, monks/bruisers aha they will get hit harder than me..but then they get hit less often and can smack things around.

Off tank position..well I don't think we do it well,less beserk means no real dps,and scout/mage/monk/bruiser is better choice for DPS, a paladin or SK for decent dps and to lend extra support(wards,etc) to MT.

We can still tank, we can still do damage..it's just everyone and their mother does it better now...

So where do we fit in?
    I'm just feeling a bit disillusioned with the class,but I'm sure all you non-beserkers will set me straight!!!
  3. ARCHIVED-hesbod Guest

This is the main problem, in "fixing" beserkers our place has been removed from the game, we just don't bring anything to a group.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thooor Guest

wait... wait for it... nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... you dont say?
    If not for people's reaction to them... what other thing could possibly be the problem with nerfs?
    This is about as clever as saying: "The real problem with taking 90% of the money off everyone in-game is the reaction of the people who play the game"

Again, what difference is a nerf going to make if no-one reacts to it? Its the reaction that matters...

lol?

Please enlighten me with the fact Mr, as I thought I had all the facts (they nerfed zerks into a bad version of guardian, zerks suxx donkeyb***s). What exactly is it I am missing.

Right now, if I asked you what class to pick if I wanted to be a good tank and do some decent damage, what would you tell me?
    Pre-patch, what answer would you have given me?
    Message Edited by Thooor on 01-11-2005 05:43 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-IxothImhotep Guest

Its SOEs way or the high way - learn to adapt. If u don't like it - reroll or quit. That simple.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rainey Guest

I personally think that all the angry upset posts about how the berserker class has been affected by this poorly managed attempt at balance, is proof enough that the class is no longer viable or fun to play. I would have thought that this kind of nerf, sorry I mean 'class balancing', should have been ironed out in beta. Surely that is part of the process during a beta test?

It's clear to me now that I am paying a company to test it's product, due to the fact that it is not functioning as intended. If you take this scenario and look at other products in other market areas in the same way, there is no way anyone would stand for such incompetent service. You don't test someone's product AND pay THEM for the priviledge. As long as they keep making money, nothing is going to change. Only we, the customer, have the power to demand the kind of service we should expect, but I don't see that happening, certainly not in the short term.

Anyway, my berserker is no longer fun to play. I feel watered down, unwanted in groups and mislead by SOE's description of the class. I will not spend any more time on him, it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

To all of you who keep saying we are whining about nothing, take a look at all the threads on this subject, and think about it. If there was nothing wrong, why so many posts?
  7. ARCHIVED-Odissius Guest

That is stupid.

We are the customers paying them. They need to do what we want if they want to keep getting paid. This is logic.
  8. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

I very disillusioned with the mmorpg market. Every class on ever game I play gets nerfed.

What are bezerkers now? We are supposed to bezerk! We are supposed to deal lots of damage at the expense of armor.

What's our role now? Slightly more the Guardians! Are you freaking kidding me? What is going on here with the mentality of the devs. I'm so infuriated with this statement that I must refrain from continuing with this post. :smileymad:
  9. ARCHIVED-Bathory72 Guest

I regret that we didn't provide more warning that these changes were coming, especially when they affected so many players.

===========================

Thanks for wasting my time and my money. if you regret this, let me choose a new class, with the levels i gained as a beserker. anything else is a slap in the face.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ravi Guest

Wow... just.. wow..

I mean come on guys... As a Ranger I can't wear heavy armor, all my damage abilities are from ranged, stealth or flanking.. all this means I can't really solo for crap and my only true use is parked behind a mob while in a group. All the while paying for Fulganite arrows which make up 35% of my DPS.

And all that to be outdamaged by a tank class. Brilliant... So, suck it up - your class was out of balance.

I mean, from my perspective, maybe I should whine about SOE wanting ME to reroll because they so heavily favor Bezerkers.. :smileywink:

Anyway, my berserker is no longer fun to play. I feel watered down, unwanted in groups and mislead by SOE's description of the class. I will not spend any more time on him, it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

To all of you who keep saying we are whining about nothing, take a look at all the threads on this subject, and think about it. If there was nothing wrong, why so many posts?
    You are a tank. As far as I know, that doesn't mean "everything but healing"
    I have read most of this thread and everyone is bishing about lots of different things. Some valid, some ignorant.
    I understand that you guys are upset about the problems with balancing in the recent patch. But what I can't understand is the fact that some of you want to have it all and are rebuking any attempt at balance. If that's the case, why don't we all make Bezerkers and toss in a healer. That would be an awesome group indeed.... give me a break.
    Or SOE could move the other way. Instead of nerfing you - maybe they should instead rebalance the entire game around Bezerkers. Hmm? Tell me, which is easier?

Message Edited by Ravi on 01-11-2005 06:09 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Scrying Guest

Since reading the eula states that we pay to use a character owned by soe they can basically do whatever they want..

Never say my character actually say the character I rent from soe :)

Since we are paying rent we can expect upkeep .. well they do pretty good at that besides zone crashing over and over.

Now if something is broke i know my rent place .. i have to wait a long time before they come and fix it no matter how hard i yell at them.

Seems most RENTING places are the same :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Rainey Guest

Ravi, I think you misunderstand.

We're not asking for it 'all' as you put it. We just want to fit the description of our class. We want to be viable and fun to play, not a sub-standard guardian.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ravi Guest

Well, some of you are. I'm not pointing fingers, just making an observation.
  14. ARCHIVED-hesbod Guest

Ravi, the fact that you are level 35 kinda means that life as a ranger can't be that hard or you would still be doing it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Chucksinger3 Guest

Maybe Zerkers can go into Frenzy for a short time, then suck for a short time. Make them go bezerk and be the best damage class, but then they need to cool off and are **** for a time before they can zerk again. That might help balance things, yet make them a lot of fun to play.
  16. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

We should fall behind the two classes that can evade 99% of all attacks when buffed? And they can feign death? And they can heal group members?

I never unstand why I bother to play tanks... perhaps I am just a glutton for punishment.

By the way, Moorgard, I'm sure you aren't directly responsible for testing, but I'm sure you know who IS, perhaps you should have a chat with them because NOTHING WAS TESTED BEFORE IT WENT LIVE.

Bloodlust? Obviously not tested. Bloodrage? Obviously not tested. Weapon Shield? Nope... the list goes on.

You better FIX my class and add some group friendly stuff before you conitnue to lower my damage and balance me.

I cannot believe nothing has changed. How many years of EQ1? Have you not learned to TEST? I just don't get it. I know the game is new but some things were so obviously broken.. I cannot understand how they passed!
  17. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

The big problem is, they are comparing berserker damage output to the dps classes who have many broken skills atm. I grp with a ranger and swash, both 50 and many of their post 40 abilities do not work right. I am also told poisens do not work correctly yet. I know a conjurer who quit the game cuz so many of his skills were broken. Really need to fix the classes skill lists before you look at any other adjustments.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ravi Guest

I'm 38. :smileyhappy: And I missed the part where I said being a Ranger sucked? (besides having to PAY 4 gold per stack for 33%+ of my DPS output..)
    It's the fact that I enjoy my class - even with all it's hardships - and I will continue to play it and be stupidly poor because of the money pit that is Tier 5 Arrows. Everyone my level is running around with platinum.. and I am coveting my 30 gold and hoping I can continue support playing my class. I have endured nerfs as well. Poison stacking and Evac the most notable ones.
    I do feel for you.. but if they kept the damage the same, they would have to drop your defense or some other trait to balance that fact. If they turned you into a Scout Archetype, I wouldn't mind. But as a Fighter Archetype, it would be against system balance to take away your tanking ability. I mean, Monks have recently recieved a bunch of buffs in order for them to be able to tank.
    One thing is for sure, I will always prefer a zerker as a tank. Just fits my style :smileywink:
  19. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Thooor Guest

You really dont have a clue.. were not asking for everything... we are asking for SOMETHING!
    The point you are missing is that they took away our reason to be a berserker... right now.. we are NOTHING!!!
    To make you understand, this would be like taking away your ability to use a bow...

Why dont you go back to shooting arrows, and i'll go back to.... umm... right... crafting I guess :(