Recent Berserker Changes

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Moorgard, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

THAT'S the frigging problem!!! We don't berserk anymore!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-taraslar Guest

Well if we aren't loosing defence in beserk, then those guardian defence buffs are working alot better than they think. Maybe to good...
  3. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

I don't believe the new wording. I still think we lose the defense. They just reduced the proc rate for Berserk to almost nil. We still take the same amount of damage as before except we barely and I mean barely berserk.
  4. ARCHIVED-StAnG56k Guest

Wow strimulis WE have never lost defence before EVER... go look at the Berserkers FAQ post that OVR_mlf did a long time ago... Theres a section where it talks about bugs.... pls read taht before you come and make assuptions... THE LOWER DEFENCE ON GOING BERSERK HAS BEEN BUGGED OR NOT ATTENDED TO WORK EVER SINCE THE GAME WENT LIVE!!!!

Allannah 45 Zerker
    permafrost
    Message Edited by StAnG56k on 01-13-2005 11:28 AM
    Message Edited by StAnG56k on 01-13-2005 11:29 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

The also nerfed Bloodlust because if you are the off-tank and just doing DPS you never berserker now.
  6. ARCHIVED-CamdenSteel Guest

"Um no... what Reolas was refering to was nerfing your defensive buffs not the base mitigation that we share. What we had done to us was we had or Offensive Buffs nerfed to a point that unless we beserk our DPS is severly reduced. Sure we can sword and board, but our tanking will not be on par with a guardian. Guardians have defensive buffs that increase their AC and defensive skills while beserkers had offensive buffs that reduced their AC and defensive skills."

Oh, he was referring to nerfing my defensive buffs? I am sorry, it must have been when he said "i would LOVE to see if they nerfed your precious damage mitigation what you guys would do" That threw me off.

I give up. You can't teach common sense no matter how hard you try.
  7. ARCHIVED-StAnG56k Guest

Stromulis what lvl are you.... cause that is nothing new.. we NEVER could use bloodlust while not tanking cause of the aggro issue.
  8. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

Yep.....NERF!!!!.....................nevermind...i can't cry like a guardian.
  9. ARCHIVED-StAnG56k Guest

Camdensteel i dont know what Berserker your playing but i have defensvie skills. But all my DEFENCIVE skills LOWER my offence... Stifled rage: Decrese attack rate increase defence. Reckless Stance: slightly lowers offence for increase defence ect...

Allannah 45 Zerker
    Permafrost
    Message Edited by StAnG56k on 01-13-2005 11:35 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-CamdenSteel Guest

Actually, you seem to be crying pretty well.
    You and Tanta can get together and and talk about how you are meant to mitigate damage by Death Touching mobs while uninstalling. It will be great!

"Camdensteel i dont know what Berserker your playing but all my DEFENCIVE skills LOWER my offence... Stifled rage: Decrese attack rate increase defence. Reckless Stance: slightly lowers offence for increase defence."

I am a guardian. The only reason I posted is to try my best to help someone understand that they were not meant to mitigate damage by doing more DPS than anyone else.
    SoE should consider really making it that way though. Give Berserkers only leather and put their DPS back up to what it was with Bloodlust. Make it so that they can't equip shields too, since not many think they should be using them anyway as a tank.
    Message Edited by CamdenSteel on 01-13-2005 11:38 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Lutok Guest

Can we get this thread locked? the children are out and making it pointless.
  12. ARCHIVED-taraslar Guest

Heh, never used a shield as a tank before or after the patch, never needed the silly things. But tanking is not my issue with the nerf. My issue is the dps drop and Moongard suddenly redifining our class to fit that nerf. Not what I choose to be as and not what i'm cointinuing to pay for.
  13. ARCHIVED-StAnG56k Guest

I am a guardian. The only reason I posted is to try my best to help someone understand that they were not meant to mitigate damage by doing more DPS than anyone else.
    SoE should consider really making it that way though. Give Berserkers only leather and put their DPS back up to what it was with Bloodlust. Make it so that they can't equip shields too, since not many think they should be using them anyway as a tank.

Ohh sorry hehe... ive seen other people post about how bad we sucked in Beta with the wearing of lighter armor for higher dps, so i think thats one of the reasons we are not like that anymore. SOE saw that it wasnt going to work so they cahnge us.. also if you look at the difference between all the other subclasses they are minimal.. for instance ranger and assassian.... I think thats what SOE is trying to do to us.. make the difference between gaurdians and zerkers not as extreme...

The problem im seeing is.. we just dont go berserk enough ><.
  14. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

Yeah see this is the point...take the damage mititigation issue and leave it at the door...we are here about DPS...and the other part I love too....we are being redefined by soe because they want to....and being told...were guardians now....well isn't that nice.....
  15. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

Well I just want to berserk more! Increase the berserk rate and we should be ok. They reduced it TOO much. I know we were overpowered before but they went too far to the other extreme now.
  16. ARCHIVED-StAnG56k Guest

Stromulis: Well I just want to berserk more! Increase the berserk rate and we should be ok. They reduced it TOO much. I know we were overpowered before but they went too far to the other extreme now.

Exactly! or fix the number of skills that are supposed to make us go berserk that dont.

Allannah 45 Zerker
    Permafrost
    Message Edited by StAnG56k on 01-13-2005 12:10 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-jasonqdavis Guest

Actually I rolled up a brawler some day monk. From just playing a brawler finding it alot more fun. At least from my observation brawlers are the fast and furious type I wanted that I thought beserkers would be.
  18. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

Ok we are arguing the same thing then! :smileyhappy:
    SOE PLEASE FIX US!!!
  19. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

Hmmm.... your are tempting me to switch.
  20. ARCHIVED-taraslar Guest

Kung fu just ain't my style. Neither is mage types or rogue types. I am a hack and slash warrior type. And the description of the berserker suited me best. Now a mediocore tank with no perks and crappy damage outside of tanking is a better description and one that i don't fit into.