Recent Berserker Changes

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Moorgard, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-sheacms Guest

That's what I'm saying though, the comparison needs to be to the WARRIOR, and not the guardian, both classes are WARRIORS first by SOE's own definition. To balance by comparing subclasses to each other, instead of improvements over each other from the CLASS level, will result in flawed balancing.
  2. ARCHIVED-Pretext Guest

We still have lots of broken combat skills across the classes, but SOE are “balancing” the game before these are fixed.
    Clearly they are not going to be able wait till every skill is working optimally before they take some balancing action.
    But there are still too many skills to get a proper picture of what all the classes can really do to apply such drastic changes at this stage.
  3. ARCHIVED-CamdenSteel Guest

Look! Another idiot!

"In fact, the only difference between me at 36 and what you would be at 36 is that I use a shield" wow you must be in delusional land...another guardian that is happy the zerker got nerfed and is now trying like mad to say the game is all rosy..nothing is wrong......i would LOVE to see if they nerfed your precious damage mitigation what you guys would do.....there isn't a plane of knowledge where you can hold a sit down rally at...maybe everyone can meet at Nek docks =P" - - Reolas

If they nerf my damage mitigation, they nerf yours too! I am trying so hard to figure out why you guys can't grasp it! We have the same intended mitigation! If we were not supposed to have the same mitigation, you would be a seperate branch of classes all together! Why is this so hard to figure out?

Hold back your emotions one second...really. Wait for it...wait...ok, calm? Now, in your rational state, tell me why they gave us both Plate and Tower shields? STOP! I felt your anger about to surface...calm....
    Ok, now answer. You are right, they gave us both plate and the ability to use tower shields because they intended AC, Block, Parry, and Riposte to be our mitigation. Now that you are still with me, and still calm, if we are standing side by side wearing the same gear, with the same stats, with the same shield...what popped into your heads making you think your mitigation should be superior damage to Scouts and Mages?

Your damage should be superior to mine. That is it. And guess what? It is.
    When I parse I see my actual weapon damage as being around 8% of my total damage. My bulk damage comes from my skills, as does yours. Your skills do more damage than mine. Great! I am estatic for that, as should you be!

Now, should you be wearing plate and out damage Bruisers? Nope, that is not the vision of SoE.
    Should you be wearing plate and out damage Scouts? For the most part, no, again not in their vision.
    Should you wear plate and out damage Mages? How black and white, plain and simple does this have to be relayed to you!
    You wear plate, and out damage GUARDIANS! You mitigate damage with AC AND SHIELDS!

Message Edited by CamdenSteel on 01-13-2005 10:17 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

The thing that pisses me off is the we don't BESERK anymore. That's the problem. They killed it!!! Just increase the proc rate slightly. Because berserking once a fight is unacceptable.
  5. ARCHIVED-taraslar Guest

Um caden, we shouldn't be wearing plate, and in my opinion should be outdamaging all melee combatants. What do you think a beserker is? A fluffy bunny?
  6. ARCHIVED-Krullgan Guest

I FULLY AGREE !!!!

we should be HIGHEST damage output - medium armor.. period.

* edit *

What I also find funny is how Moon said in the original post that Gaurdians ar the better tank LOL

Who are they kidding - no one tanks better than a Zerker right now, I out tank SK's and Gaurdians all day. We are the Aggro kings -
    Message Edited by Krullgan on 01-13-2005 10:30 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-CamdenSteel Guest

"Um caden, we shouldn't be wearing plate, and in my opinion should be outdamaging all melee combatants. What do you think a beserker is? A fluffy bunny?"

You are correct on that part. First game I have ever seen zerkers wear plate and not out damage rest of melee other than assasins. SoE should not have called your class a Berserker.
    My posts are only to refute the opinion that Berserkers in this game are supposed to use superior damage for their mitigation.
  8. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

My damage is superior to yours????? wow!!!! what microscope did you use to calculate that....the B-A-L-A-N-C-E!!!!! is N-O-T there. The percentage of how much damage I DO more than you is D-I-R-E-C-T-L-Y related to how often we berserk. Why can't you get that?
    Meanwhile all is going well at the guardian ranch....you do the same damage, you also have the same abilities. You can still tank and do what you were doing before....I don't even do close to what i should doing..and i take more damage...why because I don't get nice defensive buffs like you...so we are not only using different equipment...we have our hands tied behind our backs.
    The only reason damage mitigation even comes into it is...we are supposed to be able to take the mob down faster than a guardian....how much less damage we take from faster kills Im not sure. But Im not sure we do anyways...except to say...with a berserker we should be killing mobs abit faster, since our damage output should be about 25% to 30% higher than a guardian/ and vice versa guards should be able to get 25% to 30% more damage mitigation due to better defensive buffs.....monks/bruisers should be based on dps from that point up.
    Message Edited by Reolas on 01-13-2005 10:36 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Maccus Guest

CamdenSteel

"If they nerf my damage mitigation, they nerf yours too! I am trying so hard to figure out why you guys can't grasp it! We have the same intended mitigation! If we were not supposed to have the same mitigation, you would be a seperate branch of classes all together! Why is this so hard to figure out? "

Um no... what Reolas was refering to was nerfing your defensive buffs not the base mitigation that we share. What we had done to us was we had or Offensive Buffs nerfed to a point that unless we beserk our DPS is severly reduced. Sure we can sword and board, but our tanking will not be on par with a guardian. Guardians have defensive buffs that increase their AC and defensive skills while beserkers had offensive buffs that reduced their AC and defensive skills.

I think what everyone is saying here is that our DPS was severly crippled when they made changes to out abilities. Without our ability to beserk our DPS will be on par with a guardians if not lower. I have parsed data enough in the groups I have been in to see that I am not a good tank and as a off tank I do not have good DPS. When Reolas made that comment it sounded like he was refering to how would you like it if you had your defensive buffs crippled like ours? I am going to go out on a limb here and say you ptobably wouldn't care for it that much. That is the boat we are in here. We have had our offensive buffs crippled that is the problem that we as beserkers are trying to say.
  10. ARCHIVED-Maccus Guest

Sorry Double Post
    Message Edited by Maccus on 01-13-2005 12:49 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

I agree also... We should be wearing bearskins and lion skins and be dual-weilding.
  12. ARCHIVED-StAnG56k Guest

Grimgore wrote:
    Gangsta.. in your post you showed the Berserkers major flaw.. we take a pounding and have nothing to balance against that. Maybe if they removed the defensive hit we take from berserk that might help us absorb damage but as we stand now, the amount of damage we take is not in line with our DPS compared to the other tank classes

OMG im tired of nubs coming in here that have played a zerker for 4 lvls and think they know what a zerk is all about and waht we do.... IM AM SITTING HERE READING FOCUS RAGE right now it states, focus rage: ALLOWS BERSERKER TO SOMTIMES GO BERSERK WHEN TAKING DMG. A BERSERK GAINS DAMAGE AND ATTACK SPEED WHILE BERSERK.

Seriously WHERE THE HELL DOES IT SAY YOU TAKE MORE DMG AND LOOSE DEFENCE plz show me. We have NEVER taken a defence hit EVER from going berzerk... THAT WAS FROM BETA AND THEY NEVER FIXED THE DESCRIPTION like half our other broken skills ......wow ******* up in here.

GD yall are annoying the piss outt me. Learn your [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] character and youll prolly be half as pissed as yall are now. post after post are full or wrong information.

Allannah 45 Zerker
    permafrost
    Message Edited by StAnG56k on 01-13-2005 11:02 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

That is all of that pretty much in a nutshell...I would of put it better...but Im getting annoyed at what to me seems the sheer disregard from our supposed fellow tanks...now that we have been nerfed.
  14. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

Yeah were all mad about the Def pen we get from berzerker!!!!.......You stupid f'ing moron......we can't berserk. Go learn about zerkers then come talk to us...until then get lost.....its people like you that are the most annoying to deal with.......your the noob......many of the zerkers were not aware they removed that ac penalty, myself included...but that doesn't make the world a better place or fix the "real" problem. NO zerking = NO berserker.
  15. ARCHIVED-StAnG56k Guest

Like i said before they need to fix the skills that make us go berserk and it will be all good. I understand that 20-30 your limited on the skills that make you go berserk... but even at lvl 45 HALF MY [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]S BROKEN TOO. When they fix these skills our dps will be straight again, or i at least im hoping, but were not the only class with broken [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] either.
  16. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

Get your head down Stang56k...nerfs incoming for i thnk 36+ skills yet....don't think they touched those in there new DPS repositioning crusade.
  17. ARCHIVED-StAnG56k Guest

WOW REOLAS your a freakin geneious..... If you took the time to actually read this post.... which you ovisously havent.... IVE ALREADY POSTED ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO GO BERSERK... THATS THE ONLY REASON IM KEEPING UP WITH THIS STUPID [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] POST. wow good job on trying to flame some one and not knowing what your talkin about.
  18. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

Focuses damage taken into a rage that can cause a berserk state. When berserk, a Berserker loses some defense, but gains increased damage and attack rate. In addition, the Berserker may use certain combat arts that require the berserk state.
    That's the skill description before the nerf patch. Now that they changed it to garbage.
    Allows Berserker to sometimes (which is maybe once a fight) go berserk when taking damage. A Berserker gains damage and attack speed while berserk.
    In other words we suck now.
  19. ARCHIVED-StAnG56k Guest

they just change the word can for sometimes.. which both mean the same thing; a possiblity to go berzerk.

Allannah 45 Zerker
    Permafrost
    Message Edited by StAnG56k on 01-13-2005 11:17 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

Tis sad and but true.