Really???

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrox, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Jrox Well-Known Member

_________________________________________________________________________________
    ~Caith
    "ZONES AND POPULATION
    To address an exploit, zones that allow the Fount of Power buff will now automatically cast the spell when a player logs in and the Fount of Power buff has been removed from player spell books."
    __________________________________________________________________________________

C'mon MAN!!!

Just sayin...
  2. Sowy Active Member

I'm fine with it, but they are really going to have to adjust raid mobs hps/combat mit to account for the drastic loss of raidwide dps.
    Snikkety likes this.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

are you really surprised? they intended to close this hole earlier and weve all had this discussion

so you found a way around and it was closed - come on it was inevitable
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Not surprised, but it is ironic that the bug was brought to their attention, several times, last expac and they did nothing about it for over a year.

I am amused by the wording 'zones that allow'.. rather than a more accurate 'zones that require'... the Fount of Power buff
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Jrox Well-Known Member

Problem is they wasted time on two things... A free mount and the stupid fix for this buff.

Don't you think working on real issues would have been more productive. C'mon MAN!

Just sayin...
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Just playing devil's advocate here... They need to stop that exploit if the upcoming class balance and AA revamp are going to work. Short term pain until they realise fights like challenge Seru will be impossible (for most) now, and they may have to ease up the surge damage in challenge zones too, I dunno. But that'll get done, and everything will be rosy again.

If it means the AA revamp will be good, I agree it is a good thing.
    Sowy likes this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

Better a late fix than never
  8. Moss Well-Known Member

If they really wanted to fix this "exploit" and the ones still in game (some have been reported months ago) they would probably need to bring back a good relationship with the players.

But first they would need to remove all the broken mechanics layers they have put along the years in order to not do a stat revamp.

When people are stuck by hidden and broken mechanics and the devs does not listen to them or put patches instead of real fixes, they would always look and find for some imaginative ways to get over it.

You would then ask why the same players who have been asking for class balance for years still use those game mechanics that breaks class balance. Maybe because they feel that the people in charge have been completly ignoring them for years, And so they compensate using those exploits feeling legitimate : not enough dps ? not enough health ? itemization ? broken infusion ? pay2win factor ? hidden combat mitigation ? ..
    Observing and Argosunited like this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

yes i totally agree and i argued against removing it when they did it, but as it is now i feel the battle is lost

imho since the systems are so complex, people who find exploits are probably some of the best players who know a huge deal about the game
    but they should be incentivized to report the exploit, not use it

there should be a bug bounty program or something for eq2
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

/bug EverQuest II - everything.

All of your bounties r belonging to me.
  11. dorotea Well-Known Member

Unless I am missing something this is a bug. It was obviously a bug. People were taking advantage of it as an exploit. Now they are upset the exploit was taken away? In other games people that are careless enough to admit they were using an exploit get banned - I gather Fippy is more lenient.
    Raff likes this.
  12. Jrox Well-Known Member

You have missed the point...
    Observing likes this.
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

This is a great point!
  14. Jrox Well-Known Member

This is truely a glass is half full point of view. And if everything she is spitting is to be taken as true and we give no relevance to the development history then great. It's all rainbows and sunshine. No offence, it is a good point.

But, in the past we have seen things nerfed, removed, "FIXED" and changed. Everyone then took them as steps to correct a larger problem, when in reality 6 months, 1 year, 3 years down the road it has only gotten worse. So forgive me for being the glass is half empty. I hope you are right Tanto, no Sh**T I really do. But history tells another story. Too many in the past came through here and got a free ride for the first year based on some forum posts and nothing ever really happened.

Just sayin...
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

The mobs did not change - and it was very easy to kill Lord Seru [challenge] today

Maybe it's a little bit harder for users of a previous used feature ;)
    Raff and Dude like this.
  16. Sowy Active Member

I regret to inform you that it is too soon for you to know this. You will have to wait for it to wear off of your raid force before you can pat yourself on the back and go attaboi.