Really weak or really strong?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Natsume, Jul 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Natsume Guest

Hiya!
    I'm a level 39 guardian and I went to finish some quests in Kaladim with a healer merc. When I entered Kaldaim I died about 5 - 6 times when facing even 4/5 enemies ...
    I have a strong sword, as well as most of the latest props (Ring, bracelet etc) that suits my level.

My question, is a Guardian weak or Kaladim mosters too strong?
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Question would be, which mobs are you having issues with 4-5 at a time? If you had issues with say the kobolds up front, that would have to be a personal problem, if you were having trouble with 4-5 of the mobs deeper in (Queen's Chamber or back where the avatar thing is located) there is nothing at all wrong with the situation.
    You have to remember, Kaladim is not a solo zone. It's a dungeon with mostly herioc mobs (sans the few at the entry & a couple random ones in other areas near the entry). A solo guardian + a healer merc isn't really meant to be able to effectively solo a dungeon meant for a group of 6.
  3. ARCHIVED-Natsume Guest

Oh wow, thanks. I have no problem with the one's at the beginning, after the large lizard and near the river. I have a problem trying to reach the mine's. The problem is, it seems as if, my server is dead! Even if there are 2 people at the Kaladim gates ( which is rare ) they never want to group up. And nobody ever want's to group. Thanks again :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Finora is right - it's the zone and the zone's intent, not 'you'. That said, with a healer merc, I'd think you'd be able to get to the mines as long as you pulled very carefully and killed one mob at a time. 4-5 single heroic mobs all at once is a lot for even a raid geared tank with a merc healer.
    It wouldn't go fast, but ...as you know..that's supposed to be a group contested instance that we are trying to help get you through with just a merc. So slow is better, and probably has a better chance at success.
    Also, if you were soloing (or moloing as I've heard soloing with a merc called..lol) there, I'd think that with very careful pulling, you'd be level 40 or even 41 before you got to the mines, making your efforts a little easier by the time you got there.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Natsume wrote:
    Your sword and jewelry might mean less than your armor.
    Are you using level 32 Mastercrafted armor or a mixture of stuff you looted along the way? If you're wearing some misc stuff, you might find more success at level 40 with a fresh suit of level 40 Handcrafted armor.
  6. ARCHIVED-Natsume Guest

Gravy wrote:
    I use the quest-line armour ...
    Are crafted armour's stronger? Is there a way I can get a level 40 crafted armour whithout making it? (I'm level 10 tradeskill)
  7. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Natsume wrote:
    The quested armor is, generally, better then handcrafted. The mastercrafted armor is frequently, but not always, better then lower level quested armor. All of the crafted armor (hand and master) can be crafted by other people, you don't have to make it yourself. Ask in the crafting channel for somebody to make gear for you. You might get some takers. Just remember they're taking time out to craft for you. Also expect to supply the rares for any mastercrafted gear.
  8. ARCHIVED-Natsume Guest

Mermut wrote:
    Oh cool, I guess i'm up to date then.
    For free? i was expecting someone to say people will sell it for ... guess there isn't a active economy in EQII? And the "rare" harvestables are quite common for me, I keep getting them.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Natsume wrote:
    Most crafted expect at lest fuel cost for making crafted gear. My comment about 'remembering they're taking time out' is to offer them something in return for their time, not to imply that you'd get it for free. Sorry for the confusion :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

If someone trying to better their character offers me money to craft low level armor, I usually craft it for free - using their rares. If they don't offer me anything, or indicate any desire to negotiate price, I usually charge them as much as I can get away with. Politeness goes a long way nowadays.
  11. ARCHIVED-Natsume Guest

I would love to meet you lol! :p Thanks for the feedback, it seems that a level 32 wizard was stronger than me, oh well lol