Realistic 3D water Ripples

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Mohee, Aug 31, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Where did this effect go?
    You used to be able to turn on the option that actually created realistic 3D moving waves/ripples as you swam/walked through water. How come this is no longer in the game?
  2. ARCHIVED-Deleroux Guest

These have been missing for a long while now.
    I don't know if it has anything to do with when they tried to implement the upgraded shader option with no success or what.
    Here is an old forum link for when we definitely had the nice water effects as an option in game:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...&topic_id=17133
  3. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Good question. I asked about it long while ago when I first noticed it was missing.
    Even worse, the option is still listed under water in the settings. It just doesn't do anything anymore.
    At least the splash particles still work, that's something.

My only guess is they removed it because if someone was very speedy the water effect started looking strange when they were swimming.
  4. ARCHIVED-Barq Bandit Guest

I notice this feature's absence quite frequently. It was one of the things I enjoyed most about the look of the game. Now water seems oddly placid. There aren't even ripple textures spreading outwards from where my character is like in other games, much less actual ripples.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Example HERE between the links start time and until 45 seconds in.
  6. ARCHIVED-Haohmaru Guest

We've got this in our Q to look at. Not real sure why it up and borked like that... thanks for the posts all.
  7. ARCHIVED-PariahAnathema Guest

This seemed to disappear around the same time as the interactive flora option. (Which would be awesome to get back too!)
  8. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Flora moving as you walk through it, and the ripples and 3d waves of the water...
    i miss those days!
    These options have been gone for a long time (i think a few years maybe more!)

Thanks for looking into it!
  9. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Sands@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Wow, I think you are correct.
  10. ARCHIVED-Merodos Guest

Hate to bump a thread, but I am curious as to how much progress has been made on getting this back in the game.
  11. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Face it, I think they deleted this code and now its lost forever :(
    lol