Real life sales

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by JimmyNewton, Aug 2, 2019.

1. JimmyNewton New Member

Hello all,
    I am new here, and I heard that I can sell my items (and what-nots) in a legal manner for real world money, is that true??
    If so, where and how?
    Thank you
  2. Miss_Jackie Active Member

You can, but it's against the EULA. If you don't want your account to be banned, please don't do it. It's not worth it.
    JimmyNewton and Breanna like this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

You heard wrong. Some games allow it. This isn't one of them.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can roll a toon on the Isle of Refuge server and sell stuff on the broker that is HEIRLOOM or NO-TRADE on other servers. On any server, you can purchase Krono for Real World money and then sell it for in-game platinum. But that's pretty much the closest you get to what you were proposing.

This is a GOOD thing, or we'd be overrun with skads of bot farmers run by teams of underpaid third world citizens. I'm simply thankful that over the years, the move has been to make it ever more difficult to sell in-game stuff for RMT, harder to spam gold sales websites, etc. There was a time when it was hard to get certain quests done, or be able to attack contested names, or even harvest because bot farming squads were all over that stuff like chickens on a junebug. And the spam in channels and via your in-game mail! /rolls eyes.

If you want more plat in-game and don't want to buy and sell Krono, harvest a lot and pick up shinies, and sell those, it can be quite profitable.
  5. JimmyNewton New Member

Thank you all so much! I guessed it was a false story, or (like mentioned above) the game would get swamped with people just in it for the money, and not the love of playing a game with friends :)
    Thank you again for clearing it all up for me!
    Miss_Jackie and Dude like this.
  6. Mugwort Active Member

The information isn't false. The information is very old, outdated and the exchange servers were ended by SOE when the game went F2P.

The exchange servers officially launched 7/20/2005. They were called Bazaar (PvE) and Shadowhaven (PvP)

https://www.everquest2.com/news/imported-eq2-enus-540

And then:

What about Live Gamer?

The Live Gamer ("Exchange") servers were set up to allow players to sell items, coin and even characters to each other for real-world profit. Those servers were walled off from other servers and over time, their popularity has waned to the point where their populations are currently very small.

We're going to liberate those players and characters by turning off the Live Gamer service, and merging the existing Exchange populations into other servers already in existence.

In mid-December, we'll merge Vox with Nagafen (where they can continue to play in their chosen PvP style), and then merging The Bazaar with Freeport. There are more steps than that involved, of course:

• We'll shut off the ability to post new sales in mid-November.
    • The auction service itself will be discontinued in early December.
    • The server merges will happen about a week after the auction service is shut off, with Vox first, and then The Bazaar a couple days later. This will occur in mid-December.

If you don't have the time or inclination to log onto an Exchange server to take your sales down, we'll auto-return the items to you at the time that we shut down the auction service in early December.
    (full Producer's Letter can be found here: https://www.everquest2.com/news/imported-eq2-enus-5028 )

Then, Freeport, Nagafen and Permafrost merged to create the Skyfire server.
    Leed likes this.
  7. Leed Active Member

Yeah, not 'false/made up' but rather just outdated. You USED to be able to, but they shut down that service.