Reading large numbers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Arcos, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Tajar Well-Known Member

Must admit, living in Canada for 4 years where they use both date formats was confusing as hell. Pick one and stick with it already!
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Canada likes confusing everyone. I think it's part of your top secret national defense strategy. An invader is coming? Confuse them with multiple forms of measurement and language! Not working? Hey, bra, what's up with all this invading? You're harshing my high. Here, try this. There we go. No need for all this invading stuff. :rolleyes:
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You are correct, whether you are living next door to the US or not. 10/11/2018 could mean October 11, 2018 or it could mean November 10, 2018, with the internet, international, you kind of need to know where the game or website you are looking at originates and the powers that be for that game or website would be the only ones you would be able to trust as to which it means. Whenever I put a date in anywhere, I use 11 October or October 11 or abbreviate the month to the accepted 3 letter abbreviation Oct, Nov, etc this way, I am not confusing anybody.

And, ask Dude, my job is to confuse anybody and everybody *giggles*
    Lateana, Rhodris and Dude like this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

And to do it with snarkiness!
    Lateana, Rhodris and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Altho Well-Known Member

This is old and I'm necro'ing it, has it ever been resolved? It seems like such a small QoL update?
  6. Escape Goat Member

the entire combat scale needs overhauled. Dealing with such large values into the millions is not intuitive in the first place.
    Lateana likes this.