reactive heals not showing in maintained since update

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Savne, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Savne Member

Category: Interface
    SubCategory: User Interface
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: Qeynos Capitol District
    Character: Level 70 Templar

Summary: cannot see reactive heals of any kind in maintained window anymore (since update)
    Description: Cleric reactives of all kinds (single target, group, emergency, etc.) no longer show up in the maintained window. Makes it very difficult to heal properly. I use DarqUI--haven't been able to confirm if it's just an issue with this UI.
  2. Kari Well-Known Member

It was a problem with the standard UI in beta as well, which was reported at the time.
    Orias86, Twyla and Savne like this.
  3. Numdyar New Member

Just coming back to the game and Inquisitor was one of my favorite classes to play. This has to be the dumbest update I've ever seen!!! We are now the only healer that can't track their main heal spells through the maintained window come on daybreak/Darkpaw fix this.

Start of by at least making single target reactive/emergency heals work in maintained window, and then fix the group one I mean come on 15+ years of just sharing the triggers on a spell and then you had to go and mess with it? Do like others are suggesting and revert the group one back to original or design the spell to make it be able to tract through maintained window like all the other healers get.

And if for some reason you can't do that then make it fair across the board don't allow any heal spells to show in the maintained window.
    Twyla and Orias86 like this.
  4. Savne Member

Bump. Please fix this! It's very crippling to not see your reactive count.
    Orias86 likes this.
  5. Orias86 New Member

So I downloaded darqUI in hopes to find a way around this with reactive heals. An easy resolve may be a way to view only the player buffs/beneficial that you cast on your target and not everyone else's this way you could at least isolate "Vital Intercession"
  6. Ayodi Active Member

*Sigh* There are several discussion threads on this topic as a general complaint already. While a variant of the display of such a short and wildly chaotic duration pod of spells in the last update certainly is a change, I kindly offer the solution all Templars and Inquisitors, all as in no exceptions, arrive at. Combat = cast the (insert type here) reactives when they light up. Rinse repeat. Toss in emergency reactives as needed. The likelihood of any players to view the maintained spell window and track the activity of each portion of the group reactives relevant to all 6 party members and then make an informed decision on-that-gleaning as to micro manage the optimum time to refresh said reactives yields the result of not doing anything else. There is no other answer that to throw it as often in your rotation as you see fit, should it be available. Flogging the devs for something that is beyond the pale of usability is just dog-piling. The Maintained spell window is dicey anyway BECAUSE the game only lets you see 30 icons. It may be that our lovely reactives are there. We just do not see them for all the other herds of active spells pushing them out of the way. This a a tempest in a tea pot my fellow discussionotti, and the over-worked, un-appreciated devise have bigger, real, fish to fry.

-the Ayodi

Dead Horse Whumpathon Moderators of Norrath
    Morukta and Twyla like this.
  7. Healious Active Member

Why is this still a thing?
  8. Caith Developer

Reactive spells are no longer maintained, which is why they do not show up in the maintained window. This allows the trigger count to function based off of the target instead of the caster. Making reactive heals maintained spells again will mean that reactive spells will once again be limited by the number of triggers per spell, instead of per target. For example, with no other modifiers Malevolent Diatribe can currently trigger up to 3 times for each group member it was applied too. Making the spells maintained again will reduce the trigger count to 3 times total across the entire group.
    Chath, Twyla, Benj and 1 other person like this.
  9. DarkOmn New Member

With these spells no longer being maintained, how are clerics supposed to know when all of the triggers have been used up if there is no way to track them in the user interface?
  10. quisling Well-Known Member

Please, stop asking for them to go back to the way they were. Its a minor inconvenience to not be able to track them, whereas the way they were made group reactives pretty close to useless. Please?
  11. Zhevally Well-Known Member

You can track your own personal triggers with an ACT trigger if you really want.