Reactant Drops -- Or, How We Don't Explain How To Use

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by TalonCarde, May 27, 2018.

1. TalonCarde New Member

So, I've spent over an hour sifting online trying to find an answer on how to use Fabled reactant drops. I can't seem to give them to my Trade skill Apprentices, and I can't do anything with them myself. What the actual hell?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

All of the recipes to use the reactants have to be researched by your TS apprentice.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You work with the apprentice until they give you the recipe(s) that use those reactants. Coach them, make them their new gear daily. Keep them busy researching!
    Juraiya likes this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

If none of your characters has the recipe of the item you want to make from it, you can always commission something. I don't know what server you're on, but there are lots of crafters on pretty much every server, and it's pretty easy to find someone willing to make it.

Most of them just ask that you pay for the mats and/or fuels, and give them some sort of tip. You can offer, or they can tell you what they want.

Btw, the foods that it lists don't actually use the reactant. So don't ask for that as the item you want made from it. :)
  5. Tommara Active Member

Just wanted to say that the gear you can make from researched recipes was game breaking for old content, and routinely banned in progression raiding, in which guilds were formed to tackle old content in attempt to simulate old school difficulty before the advent of TLE servers.

If you're an altoholic and like crafting, they're great for leveling adventurer alts fast. Don't know if it has any relevance to current content since I've not played it yet.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Apprentices
  6. Lasai Well-Known Member

I bet those raiders "banning" that stuff had no qualms about selling the reactants for as much as the market would bear.
    Rhodris likes this.
  7. Lasai Well-Known Member

As for usability, if you can get the reactants the researched gear will be some of the best you can use leveling till about 92 ish. Once Mercs came in I farmed green dungeons solo for them.

You can pick recipes to research, earn exp AA and achievements while doing so, and very rarely get reactants as rewards along with some very useful potions.