reaching 15k self buff non-raid

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Sanser, Nov 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Sanser Guest

is it possible for a non raiding monk to hit 15k this expansion self buf? Im currently in almost full BG gear (minus neck, charms and waist) 181 AAs filled the brawler tree and the rest monk tree with DPS spec. I use 2.5 bg weapons and cast one 1 CA between swings. Ill post My AA spec soon if needed.
    Im in
    98 crit bonus (total)
    100 DA,CC
    DPS is 42
    My weapon swings every 1.5
    Im half Experts and half masters
    Potency is 4%

Obviously I need more master and AAs. Im looking into some nice Instance gear that might push my DPS up. But ofcourse they are rare drops.
    I dont really see any huge DPS increase in the TSO line, ive only put 1 AA there.
    Parsing the herioc dummy I hit from 7k-8.5k. I can see myself breaking 10k with AAs and much better instance jewelry.

But I was wondering if 15k is out of my reach as a non raider (self Buffed)
    Any advise would be great. Thank you so much
  2. ARCHIVED-rabid.pooh Guest

Ya for sure it's possible, your just missing a lot of aa's right now, the BG gear is right up there with the t1 raid gear I think, if it wasn't for the crit mit I think some raiders would prefer some BG pieces over their T3 pieces.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sanser Guest

great, I know im basically missing 70 AA, lol i know thats alot. But i dint think it was enought to push my DPS past 11K. Dint know if I should look into instance gear or if I should grind AA as much as possible. Thank you for your advise. Ill start the AA grind ASAP
    Should I look into improving my stats at all? Or are those fine ATM
  4. ARCHIVED-Morrolan V Guest

The stats you mention above are good(ish).
    You know what you need:
    1. More AAs
    2. More Masters
    3. Better weapon(s) - I still get the best results with the Ivory Bladed Yuri from the x2
    4. More potency
    I have T1 and T2 raid gear, all masters and almost max AA. I consistently parse 16-18k by myself.
    By comparison, I run 88 crit bonus and 65 potency self buffed, maintaining 100 MA and crit chance. DPS is around 50.
  5. ARCHIVED-Sanser Guest

Rythalian@Crushbone wrote:
    Dam thats some good info, Ill try to find gear around to match your stats as closely as possible. One questions from all of this. When you say you have 88 crit bonus are you not counting the 50 you naturally have?
  6. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

Don't forget Strength! I suspect the person that is doing 16-18K solo is around 1600 STR. That makes a huge difference in fighter DPS.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sanser Guest

hmmm I havent put too much attention to my str; I think im around 1200-1300; ill look into that.
  8. ARCHIVED-Morrolan V Guest

Strength is a good point. It helps a lot. I run ~1525.
    Also, the 88 crit bonus is the displayed "crit bonus" amount, so that's on top of the base.