RE:krono inflation

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by steo, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avirodar Well-Known Member

No need for an SOE rep to explain what I already know, but it is good to see you accept I am right.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  2. Shadrac Well-Known Member

If SOE raised the price of Krono to $19, sellers wouldn't necessarily get more for them in game.

Compared to RL gold seller prices, a Krono is worth about 730pp, which is around the price buyers say they sold for before the hardcore resellers got involved.

Where are profits maximized for SOE? That depends on many factors, and the in game price is just one. However, there is a price in plat where sales are hurt in RL and profits are diminished. What that price is depends on how hard it is for players to get the required amount of plat.
  3. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I never argued that it's against policy to trade or sell or resell Krono in the game. It is obviously the current (test) policy. What I am arguing is that it may very well not be the best policy.

How is it that you can't see that your argument assumes the antecedent? I've pointed this out umpteen times.
  4. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Yes, you did.

Tineren likes this.
  5. Ladymist Well-Known Member

checking illegal sites to base your value of plat? Thats like going to gun store, saying you shouldn't have to pay as much for the gun because in neighborhood 3b of the bronx of detroit you can get them for 1 tenth of the cost off drug dealer x.

Sure that would be Much cheaper, but it would also be wrong and isnt a basis to lower the cost of guns.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  6. Shadrac Well-Known Member

Prove it then. Quote me.

EDIT: QUOTE *ME*. Don't quote my quoting someone else's words, which I then refute.
  7. Shadrac Well-Known Member

How are these sites "illegal"?

And all I was doing was researching what the Krono farmers might be up to. What's wrong with that?
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Plat selling (ie plat for real money) is against the SoE EULA.
  9. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I understand that, but she said these sites were illegal, insinuating that I was doing somethings criminal. They aren't, and I wasn't. And by the way, I don't buy or sell plat. I buy Krono from SOE and sell them in game for plat.

I don't understand all the attacks. I guess a lot of people are making money off this scheme and don't want anyone to discuss it. Personally, I just wanted to understand it and discuss it.
  10. Avirodar Well-Known Member

It was proven. You were quoted. You just refuse to admit it.

At this point, all you have is a hypothetical theory (no proof provided on your part), about how "Chinese plat farmers" may possibly be making real cash, via purchase and resale of Krono for plat profits, then selling the profited plat for small amounts of real world $$$. That is assuming they can still sell plat for cash on the black market, at a reliable turnover.

I give you a high score for imagination. Zero points for credibility.
  11. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I am going to put you on ignore so that I don't mistakenly read your posts again. Have a nice day. :)
  12. Ahupu Well-Known Member

I neither buy nor sell Krono so no iron in this fire. But the person you quoted very specifically stated selling things for plat. You then pulled out the EULA with giant red letters saying you cannot sell things. Ergo you argued against a practice that is very much ok by Sony and within the limits imposed by the EULA. You are not the only one who can spot flaws in logic. Just because you were referring to real life cash does not mitigate the fact that the person you were "refuting" was not. Don't be so argumentative that you do not take the time to actually read what people say.

EDIT: I take it back I bought one krono with real life cash about 7 months ago as a gift for a guildie who was out of work at the time.
    Griffon Lady, Ragna and Avirodar like this.
  13. Avirodar Well-Known Member

A wise move. You must be growing weary of your foot ending up in your mouth.
    Hammdaddy likes this.
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

Absolute madness from the entitlement crowd again.

Kronos were designed (and stated as such by SOE) to allow newer players an opportunity (if they choose) to receive a decent amount of plat so they can start buying from a mature economy, by buying a krono off SOE to exchange for plat rather than buying off an illegal plat website.

It protects people against fraud. To make the item appealing to everyone, therefore keep demand, it can be used to receive game time.

This means players with lots of plat can, IF THEY CAN AFFORD IT, spend their plat on free game time.

Just because it's there ingame, does not mean you're entitled to it and can cry if it's too expensive. If you can't afford it, then you are not the target customer. Just like you may not be the target customer for a Ferrari.

When they came out, I bought 5 or so for both my accounts. I could buy a few more but have decided not to because I don't want to farm plat constantly to afford them. So I pay my $30 every 3 months for a sub instead. Sure I'd love to be gold and never pay a sub, but I don't have the drive to play enough to generate the plat needed every month.

Again, I must stress, Kronos are not an entitlement for everyone to have a free sub. They're there for the rich, to distribute wealth to the newer player who buys the krono for dollars. What happens in the middle is fair game. If no one buys because the middle men have priced them too high, then prices will go down.
  15. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I never argued that it's against policy to trade or sell or resell Krono in the game, and I have explained that over and over again. That guy refused to admit that. I guess some people just like to argue about nothing. I don't.
  16. Estal Well-Known Member

In my opinion the problem is that there is not enough new Krono entering the game due to it being ridiculously easy to obtain plat in game so only an extremely small minority of players needs to buy krono from soe.
    With little new Krono entering the system they have quickly become an investment object to be gambled with instead of a legalized form of RMT.
  17. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Since when does "Never" exclude posts in this thread, merely two pages prior?

When I posted [that players have been buying and reselling commodities since launch, making it very clear I am talking about plat sales throughout the entire post], Shadrac replied with [it is against the Terms of Service], proving he did argue against policy to trade, sell or resell Krono in the game. When confronted with evidence he could not argue, he buried his head in the sand, and his credibility along with it.
  18. Shadrac Well-Known Member

The last time I checked, there were about 100 waiting to be purchases on my server, starting at about 1150pp, and you'd need about 15kp to buyout that first vendor. You see something like this:

2500 x 30
    2000 x 12
    1900 x 3
    1400 x 12
    1350 x 5
    1275 x7
    1150 x 15

Without the outside profit margin, the market for,Kronos would look like all of the other items on the broker. Lots of single items for sale with prices descending something like this:

19. Detor Active Member

Umm, I'm not seeing how you think that's AT ALL proof of 'outside profit!' Crafted in game items are the same way - a few sellers selling multiple of a single item. People sell multiple Kronos because that's how SOE sells it to the people that buy them from SOE in turn to sell to other players. If you're buying Kronos to sell to other players you don't buy 1, you buy 5 for $84.99, 10 for $169.99 or 25 for $424.99 because each one is LESS per Krono than if you buy just one (in which case it's $17.99 per Krono) Now, if that all sounds horrible expensive to you think about how you're asking others to sell something that cost them that much versus how hard it was for you to get 1k pp and determine which is really harder for you to get. If 1k is harder for you to get then go ahead, buy Krono and sell them. If $18 is harder for you to get than 1k pp then now you know all you need to know about why the price of Kronos are going up - because there are more people who think $18 is harder to get than 1k pp.
    Avirodar likes this.
  20. Pauly Well-Known Member

you buy Krono and sell for plat... then complain that Krono COSTS to much plat to buy? You make no sense.
    Lower your prices.
    Ragna and Avirodar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.