Re:Haunted Home Decorating Forum Challenge

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Anestacia, Oct 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Posting to let you know I am finished. Had a lot of fun decorating it; thanks!
    * Test Copy Server Character Name: Anestacia
    * Main Play Character Name: Yukii
    * Main Play Server: Antonia Bayle
  2. ARCHIVED-AngZ Guest

Will we be getting that Blanket of Fog fixed? I'm done otherwise but if I can get that my basement could really use it.
    [IMG][IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-kieth666 Guest

i am finished with my house

test sever toon: Piixii
    main sever toon: Jadiea
    main sever: Nagafen
  4. ARCHIVED-Starson80uk Guest

Mine is finished though I may add some fog in once we get given those. It is open for public visiting now also, hope you enjoy =O) It is advisable to use a small race =O)
  5. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Ye Olde Haunted House is now open to visitors! Swing by Cylina's house and take a look... if you dare!
    I'm not going to officially declare it completed until we (hopefully) get the fog, but otherwise it's ready.
    The fog is in and it's officially complete as of 10/23, thanks! Had a lot of fun doing this.
    Test Char Name: Cylina
    Main Char Name: Cyliena
    Main Play Server: Everfrost
    Full gallery of screenshots!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    View all 18 screenshots here!
  6. ARCHIVED-Brekkik Guest

Brekk's house is now open for viewing. Like others, I'll wait to declare it officially completed until we know for sure if the fog will be fixed.
    Edited to add that for those who do visit, don't forget to read the Caretaker's Journal, since it might be easy to overlook ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Indabuff Guest

Hi there my name is Spooky Mouseler, and have I got a deal for you. I recently (actually years ago) got this gem
    of a starter home to offer for a great deal. Since there is so much activity at this address lately I thought it
    would be a good time to tell you all about this great little fixer upper.
    So feel free to stop by and take a look, there are goodies on the table for you and a book that gives you the info
    on the house ...pay no attention to that first page of scribbles.
    So lets make a deal today, I would really like to put you in that home....(and your plat into my wallet)
    Spooky
  8. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Post screenshots of your finished houses here if you would like to share them. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Angelmouse is the house mouse. Thanks for getting the coins to me Amnerys, but I decided to go with what I had. Recently my father died and I was unable to go to the funeral so I used my NoTD house as a way to say goodbye to him.
    Here is the service in the chapel
    [IMG]
    The wake
    [IMG]
    Since he was a scientist irl I had to include the laboratory
    [IMG]

And my last goodbye R.I.P.
    [IMG]
    Remembering is a tradition for NoTD in many areas. I can see now how it can be a good way to celebrate those who have gone before HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
  10. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

I am done:) Do I get a prize for using the least amount of items?:) Screenies are posted.

Cloudrat
  11. ARCHIVED-Panii Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Fog is obtained! Chary's house is officially done and open for judging! (Screenshots are from before the fog was handed out)
    When you first walk in:
    [IMG]
    Following the stairs up, you find the kitchen. Immediately to one side is the wine...
    [IMG]
    A bit down from that is the pantry area...
    [IMG]
    The actual cooking area is kept free of rushes...
    [IMG]
    And this is where the butchering is done.
    [IMG]
    Back downstairs again, and towards the right is the chapel. Services seem to be in session.
    [IMG]
    The high priestess is a bit stiff, but she's been doing this job a long time.
    [IMG]
    The room to the left of the entryway stairs is the library.
    [IMG]
    The book collection isn't as big as some, but I'm proud of it.
    [IMG]
    Down a spiraling stairway is the mausoleum. I'm afraid it's a bit overrun with pests.
    [IMG]
    Feel free to come by for a visit, there's plenty of slug stew for all!
  13. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Hello,
    I did my house and just took some screenshots.
    Disclaimer : I cheated to be able to take the final screenshots as I don't feel like editing or submitting unfinished work. As I only need 2 fogs, I put them down to be able to see how it would look like. If we can't have the fogs in the end, well, I'll just change the screens. I removed the fogs in the house until we're given said fogs anyway, so below are the screens of the house as it should be in the end after we get those fogs.

Hum

This disclaimer finished, here's the house.

As you enter the manor, you'll see a pretty normal abandonned house.
    [IMG]
    But turning back, you may notice some strange things... Like the fact that the staircase is in truth a coffincase... Or like the remains of the last adventurer that went to this house. He wrote some notes in a journal in front of him, warning thse who follow of what awaits them...
    [IMG]

If you make your way to the kitchen, you'll see, well, a nice well supplied room... But you might notice, as the adventurer before you, that some things are a bit out of place... Eyes jars for example, or viscous things crawling on the floor...
    [IMG]
    Or even a stew made of eyeballs in a corner...
    [IMG]

If you go up the coffincase, you'll find the cosy bedroom of the manor owner... And his pet...
    [IMG]
    Some notes on the table may be of good advice: don't go downstairs!
    [IMG]

aaaaaah, now you did it! You went downstairs and now you won't be able to remember anything but this mad torture room with the remains of a tortured halfling and other prisonners bound to the wall and eaten away by cave rats.
    [IMG]
    Not to mention the lab of the mad scientist who dwellt there!
    [IMG]

If you go back upstairs, you'll find a creepy cemetary (still hoping we'll get that fog or I'll have to revert to a non-foggy cemetary. Well, it wouldn't be that bad but still, it's better with fog). There is a massive tomb in front of the altar of Anashti'Sul... Do you think the owner of this house will come back from the dead? Our fellow but dead adventurer was certain he would...
    [IMG]
    On the side, tombs of previous adventurers or experimental subjects are starting to crumble on the lichen-covered ground...
    [IMG]

We finished our tour of this haunted house. I hope you liked it and I hope you'll not die in its walls.
    Be carefull, the doors through the stonewalls are a bit tricky to go through. You shouldn't get stuck (if you do, use the /house command) but stick to the right wall when coming up the cave and go straigth at the center from the cemetary.
  14. ARCHIVED-Starson80uk Guest

Here is my submission, It's open for public viewing. I decided to make a big puzzle and storyline that you had to pass through in order to get to all the rooms in the house, so I'm not including all the secrets here, just little snippets.
    The entrance with the first book:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Some of the other sights that you will see in your journey:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

What awaits you at the end? Here is a taster:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  15. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

My house (Housewarden) is finished now, complete with books, killer plants and mystic portals. Of the three books, two are really short and one is 14 pages long, but well worth checking out due to a intteresting story. My house also features a YouTube video for both the books and the house itself.

I recommend you to view both of them, and after this, go and explore the house yourself!

Judges can feel free to check it out now too, however, I might add some fog in there later too if we get ten free of those on friday, or whatever I read here. (I think I read we could have 300 items + 10 fogs somewhere?)

Other than that, behold! Enter. And enjoy!

(Remember to watch these in Full screen and HD quality.)

Background story to the househttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T62LFI2C-Q

The actual house video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTMNEbdSx8
  16. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

To paraphrase, if you pursue a new home decorating idea, you will meet Aslita along the way. Aslita, not only is your maze house fantastic, but looking through your other works I've seen at least 2 ideas I had thoughts of doing!
    Cloud, the funeral parlor memorial is lovely. I'm especially fond of the graveyard - has such a peaceful feel to it!
    Whil, those eyes staring out of the caves gave me the willies when I first saw your house. And I thought the difficulty getting back out through them was on purpose - like it was supposed to be a trap! Once you're in, you can never leave...
  17. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    Aslita does some good stuffs :) One of my fav decorators.
  18. ARCHIVED-grobbebol Guest

My house is done and open for visitors.

• Test Copy Server Character Name: Shaumbra
    • Main Play Character Name: Starcloud
    • Main Play Server: Crushbone
    [IMG]
  19. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Well, my first idea was to have very narrow entrances, crack through stone really, but I couldn't make the passage more narrow or I was getting stuck half of the time, so I added the tapestries and made the way a little larger. The idea is still to be a bit trapped in stone but I didn't want to really trap everyone hehe.

Aslita, I LOVED your house. It's a great design and I had a lot of fun following the clues. I even got stuck finding the last one. You did a wonderfull job, really. The skull in the painting was a very funny idea.

Lodrelhai, I loved the skull on the statue in the chapel, it's a great touch.

And Cloud, well, one finds peace and quiet in your home and I'm glad it brought you peace too. Remembering is the main tradition for the Day of the Deads here, and your house is perfect for remembering those who went away.
  20. ARCHIVED-Crickett Guest

[IMG]I've never "decorated before", so go easy on me There are 5 books throughout the house to read.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Pardon the formatting and a few pictures would not link :(