Re-add the ethereal drops for past content

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by userName, Feb 19, 2018.

1. userName New Member

How cool would that be!? Someone levelin up rolling through TOV and gets a blooded hoop, or through AoM and gets a chakram of souls. All this stuff has no resolve so wouldn't be useful at current content, but would add a lot of fun for people leveling up or completing older content.
  2. greatMilenko New Member

+1 - seems a shame for these unique items to never see the light of day.
  3. ugloopni Active Member

i'd rather they spent time on fixing bugs or adding new content sorry
  4. Rubick Well-Known Member

You quit because they failed to update OLD content? .....................
  5. Kheldar Active Member

The answers here focus on "I got mine, you don't need yours".
  6. Sowy Active Member

Just the outdated drops might be ok.

For coin stuff you can go to Isle of Refuse.
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. Alexstrasza Active Member

There is a reason they are called SUMMER Ethereals, stop complaining if you are unable to obtain outside of the Summer they were available everyone had a chance.
    Snikkety likes this.
  8. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

It's summer somewhere in Norrath, so those drops should be available
  9. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Eh...they could easily put the appearance of these weapons up for SC sales, and you know...turn a profit on them. The old weapons (orange and purple colors) might be what folks are wanting. Appearance weapons are not "pay to win" and harm no one and keeps people playing the game when they can get a fancy looking weapon for their characters.

I grouped nearly every day with the same 6-8 people during the "ethereal summer" of the AoM expansion (purple weapons). We had ZERO scout drops. ZERO healer drops. Had the same 2 tank items drop, and our healer won it and tried to trade it for a healer one. We also had 1 mage item drop. Heard of people in PUGs needing on everything that dropped to either pass to an alt or put on up on broker for profit.

The prior year, was equally low on getting an ethereal reward.

How they've done the events over the past few years was perfect. Grind quests, get tokens, buy what you wanted from the NPC. Have double/triple token weekends/weeks was awesome, and those who missed out on getting enough coins were just not putting in any effort or planning well, IMO.
    Sowy and Gnomesandhairyfrogloks like this.
  10. Kelvmor Active Member

I concur with this. Please re-add them for old content
  11. Rubick Well-Known Member

When they are as game-breaking as the most recent summer ethereal items, there should certainly be a way, albeit a very arduous one, to have access to those items without having to game the system by paying a hefty amount of cash selling krono on Isle of Refuge and transferring a character to your server. As a T1 dps, can you imagine coming back to the game and attempting to play without those summer ethereal items? You'd get absolutely crushed. Making players spend cash to cheese the system to be able to compete is ridiculous.
    Hiza and Gnomesandhairyfrogloks like this.
  12. Alexstrasza Active Member

I agree, maybe adding them as super rare drops in the T3 Heroic wouldn't be a bad idea.
  13. Ogdinmar Active Member

As for old content, I don't see why they couldn't activate the older content ethereal drops (except the one per server versions those should stay that way). But keeping it offset similar to free to play. So its always like two xpacs back. So right now every eth event drop is always active on AoM and before. This would be neat for super causal players and people who hunt appearance items.
  14. Scalo Active Member

Not true. Plenty of old gear, eths included, is still useful despite no resolve. More or less situationally, but used correctly, can make a difference.
    And the resolve system works in a way that you can always afford to run with a few gear pieces with no resolve.
    It was hard and often frustrating work to get them.
    If this stuff drops again... please dont make it a time-limited event again in the first place.
  15. Character Member

Not to raise the dead on an old post but felt the need to add that they DID recycle one of the 2014 ethereal skins. <Mikun, Seeker of Truth> is a reskinned <Blazing Bow of Light>. The same should be done for the other weapons, especially the rest of the first run ethereals released in 2014. Give us appearance only items that are reskinned ethereals that should then become world drops. No stats = no abuse. Reskinned Ethereals = original ethereals stay original.

I would rather be playing the game than writing this...