Raw Glowing Material... Please Help me...

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Jinxulz, Jul 24, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Jinxulz Guest

I have used the search mod here and even Yahoo searched it, went to just about every tradeskill site I know of and still cant find any info on this component. Can someone please shed some light on this. Where/how do i get it?

Thanks alot for any help
  2. ARCHIVED-Dagorgil Guest

You get them randomly while harvesting resources. Any node can yield them, and at the moment, each kind of node gives a different kind. Mining Nodes give Glowing Stones. Gathering/Foresting nodes give Glowing Flowers, Trapping Nodes give Glowing Teeth, and Fishing gives Glowing Scales. "Raw Glowing Material" is just the default name for any of the Glowing items received from harvesting.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zardoz Guest

I am assuming you want this for imbuing an item? If so, the above post describes them well. Also, you will find them on the nodes in the same tier as the other raw resources used in the recipe.
  4. ARCHIVED-dartie Guest

The answers above are correct, but you may be going through the same sort of confusion that hit me when I started crafting. The problem is that the names of many crafting materials as they appear in the recipes are only rough approximations of the crafting materials that you find while harvesting.
    If you search the broker for "raw glowing material," you won't get any results. Instead, run a search on "glowing stone" or "glowing scale." That should do the trick for you.
    The same goes for recipes that call for other raw materials, e.g. "raw coral" is really "rough coral" and "raw elm" is really "severed elm".
  5. ARCHIVED-BigChiefJJ Guest

The sticky above about harvesting material lists is an excellent resouce that gives you the actual names of the items you can harvest from the different nodes and tiers. Its a great page to have printed out next to your computer when your trying to remember what rare you need for your specific Adept 3 or any other items in general.
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

It should be noted that with today's update all imbues are glowing (or whatever) material instead of stones/scales/flowers
  7. ARCHIVED-Zardoz Guest

True but that is only for newly harvested imbue items. From what I understand, all existing ones will still exist -- and be usable -- in the imbue recipes. I wish there was an NPC that would convert the old ones as I have quite a few bank slots taken up by multiple variants of a glowing item, for example.
  8. ARCHIVED-Syndic Guest

I wish they had an NPC that changed the imbue material all to the one with the same ID so they stacked. I would like to see the same thing happen to some of the rare raws to, my bank is currently holding 2-3 stacks of Rough Rubies and Rough Opals (and a pelt or 2) because they wont stack, don't even know why these rares have different versions.