Rats Break Mez Even Without Touching Mez'd Target

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Solistari, Dec 16, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Solistari Guest

Okay...so I have been reading about how buggy our pet rat spell (like removing buffs) is. One thing that I have not read on here (or just missed) is that casting this spell breaks a 'chanters mez spell...every single time (at least for me).

It happened like clockwork. Me and a coercer friend of mine were hunting 2 owlbears at a time in Nek. He would mez one and I would put the pet on the other when it came back. We kept the mobs a good distance apart as well. I didn't use rats every time...but each time I added it to the mob that the spider was on...the mez on the other one would break. Ok so I was talking to my friend about this on the phone as we were playing and we experimented several times. I never once targeted the mez'd mob. My rat never touched the mez'd mob. But anytime I cast the fetid rat...the other mez'd mob broke at the same time. I tried it while it was freshly mez'd and tried it 15 or so seconds into the mez. As soon as the cast completes is the moment the mez breaks.

Anyone else notice this?
  2. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

Oh boy, I read the forums daily, that is a new one for me. I can hear it now, "WHO BROKE THE MEZ!! ASSIST THE MT" Thanks for the input, not to that RAT level yet, but will stay tuned for updates and confirmation.
  3. ARCHIVED-Erzengal Guest

Mez is basically a debuff to the mob and thus is effected by the rats bug.

Best thing to do is to not use the rats until they are fixed.
  4. ARCHIVED-Solistari Guest

Ok so I was thinking that it only stripped the mob of the spells WE had on it. Didn't know it cleared group members stacks too... Thanks for the info guys.

I have been using swarm of rats on single mobs. The app1 is worthless - as in my little rat missed every time. I have noticed that I am getting lots of hits in with the app3. Feels like I'm in a group when I am soloing...kinda fun.