Ratongas

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Aenashi, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-ratdeath Guest

Squeek!!
    More things ratonga!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Eschia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    In addition to this, roll back the gathering animation to the old one. The old one was fine and there was no reason to change it, the new one is absolutly terrible. It's so bad in fact that it makes me prefer to wait for someone else in the group to pickup shinies rather than doing it myself.

Also, fix this.
  3. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

I'm checking out the gathering right now. What did it look like before? Both are before my time. I see the tail sticking straight out here but the actual anim loop doesn't look all that terrible. I think it's a default that every PC uses.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

The old gathering animation just had you reach in front of you. This should help you identify it. If you do the swords of destiny timeline, when you get to the part where you need to gather dark elf evidence in wailing caves, the gathering animation used for those items is the same one we used to have for harvesting/collecting. At least i'm pretty sure thats the animation. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong please. This quest: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/A_Crusade_to_Faydwer
  5. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

OK I found both animations, the current one has you crouching and doing something with the right hand and standing back up. Let me track down the reasons why it changed. It's a global anim so it may have been changed to fix something with another race.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

ttobey wrote:
    That is the only reason it looks bad.
  7. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Well THAT I can fix :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

YAY!
    Theres times a ratonga's tail should be down, other times out lol. Down when collecting shinies (for steel toed boot protection), Out when running (to look natural).
  9. ARCHIVED-ratdeath Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Squeek!
    Thanks yous.
    Perhaps yous can also add an animation for holding the tail while travelling with those balloon thingies in Moors of Ykesha? Always worrieds it will get stucks in the propeller! Eeps!! ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    OK I got this in before the art lock for GU 58. It doesn't seem to be breaking anything. :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Cinyth Guest

ttobey wrote:
    What about the tippytoes walk for the female tonga instead of the slow motion run? I remember back awhile ago you said you were looking into that . . . haven't seen anything on a change yet, is it still in the works?
    sorry but a ttobey sighting on the ratonga thread made me think of it again :) You have me on the edge of my seat waiting for a reply o_O
  12. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

I forgot about that one. Let me take a look.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cinyth Guest

ttobey wrote:
    **gasp** forgots? no cheese for you!!
    erm . . . unless you fix it then you can has cheese!
  14. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

I'm looking at the walk right now. The problem with doing a walk for the smaller races and not the jog thing they are doing, is they wind up walking so fast because of the way the engine works. If they walked at the speed I would like them to, they will be sliding. Let me mess around with this one, it won't get fixed for this GU though.
  15. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

ok wait the males ratongas have a weird little walk, so maybe I can get the female doing something similar but better.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cinyth Guest

ttobey wrote:
    yes absolutely - I love the way the male ratonga tippytoe!! so, similar would be awesome - better would be . . . fun to see what you come up with :p
  17. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

ttobey wrote:
    That would be pretty fantabulous.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tuppen Guest

Can you still take a look at making a real walk animation for the small races, regardless of the fix for ratonga? I have despised that slow jog for halflings/gnomes, etc. since launch.
    Please! Please! Please!
  19. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Yep! Won't go in this GU though.
  20. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

The ratonga female models have got quite a large caboose!