Rares way too rare

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Drudge3, Aug 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Drudge3 Guest

I have now opened 400 to 500 regular chest and gotten only 4 exquisite chest with junk after spending the last few days killing mobs to get a rare. I opened those 400 to 500 chest, so you figure how much actual killing that took.
    This game is suppose to be "FUN". You want to get people to stay or come back. This event is just making me and others start to realize that maybe there are other games that actually reward honest effort.
    The rate of 1 to over 100 for an exquisite chest isn't a reward for honest effect specially when the chests just have gear or items that are way below your level and are useless.
  2. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Drudge3 wrote:
    Here is a lesson in writing:
    Be specific. Don't make people think they have just walked into the middle of a conversation and have them try and figure out what it is they are listening to.
    Only by the above highlighted words did it dawn on me that maybe you are talking about not being able to get an ethereal weapon, since before this time I was thinking, "uh you know you can get 'rares' from harvest nodes and from the tradeskill researcher daily?".
  3. ARCHIVED-Raffir Guest

What "rare" specifically are you looking for?
    Raf
  4. ARCHIVED-katalmach Guest

Drudge3 wrote:
    This game does reward honest effort. Do quests, run zones, kill raid mobs = get rewarded. Ethereals are not part of this reward system - they are a fun little bonus thing. Do you consider winning the lottery a reward for honest effort? Ethereals are the same principle as the lottery, based on luck and chance, and meant to inspire people to want them. They are not a reward for work.
  5. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Note that the OP hasn't even replied back yet so we aren't 100% sure what they are talking about.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

From the sound of it, I'm guessing they mean the chance to get an Ethereal weapon.
  7. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

On the topic of Ethereals: I suggest you ignore them entirely until such time as one falls into your lap. You'll end up happier in the long run, I suspect. Ethereals are not meant to be something attainable by anybody who wants one badly enough--they're rare on purpose. Then again, they are all tradeable, so you could spend your time making some cash and just buy one. Or you could do like me, and blow it all decorating a new house that nobody else will ever see. Either way, you'll accomplish more than you have by starting this thread.