rare harvest

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Billiemo, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I switched to the Mischievous Beasty for harvesting because it doesn't AOE like the Gaggelu pearwood (although I love The Luggage), and also, that way I don't forget to equip it before turning in Anchorage Quests.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

I spent forever leveling up Gaggelu and I admire your tenacity in switching to Beastie but there no chance I am going to start over for a few effects lol. Nope, not doing it again.....Nope.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Gregore Active Member

Yes, I do this as well, on both my raid toon & my super harvester. All I ever get are the 100XP familiars and rarely a legendary one. This is not a good way to level up familiars IMHO! LOL
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  4. Gregore Active Member

I'm using the beta reward one. Autonomonous something or other. Basicall same stats as the other two, but I had already leveled it to level 4 and am not switching to either of the other two for that reason.
  5. Avithax Well-Known Member

Fixed!

Looking forward to seeing what they add for Alpha rewards this year!
  6. jaxus New Member

There are a few items I do not know how to get, can anyone tell me how to get them or there's a starting quest chain to them please?

1)Mystical Reinforced Greaves of the Dragonsaber
    2)Ancient Primal Velium Flecked Pantaloons
    3)Arcanist Saddle/Hackamore/Reins/Barding Pattern of Harvesting
    4)Elysian Saddle/Hackamore/Reins/Barding Pattern of Harvesting
    5) Mischievous Saddle/Hackamore/Reins/Barding Pattern of Harvesting

Soara2 likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The pants and boots are only of note because they have two white slots and thus will hold more harvesting nail adorns. All the level 95 armor that drops from Sleeper's Tomb (heroic or raid) has two white slots. If you are level 110, you can easily solo raid or heroic, and it's possible to find the armor on the broker, too. The nails will go in chest, legs, and feet slots, and I use a harvesting gi in the chest instead of Sleeper's Tomb gear.

Mount gear recipes come from doing quests for The Anchorage, and occasionally from the Chaos Descending daily quest. I can't recall if you get any of those recipes doing the Chaos Descending tradeskill line (sorry, drugs, just out of the hospital). Academic recipes are the mastercrafted ones, tradeskilling/harvesting patterns are possible rewards from The Anchorage quests. Adventure-stat patterns come from heroics (Chroniclers), Elysian patterns are CD raid drops, and Mischievous patterns I think are drops from Castle Mischief raids. You can often find the patterns on the broker at mind numbing prices. Heck, sometimes even the final crafted piece of gear.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Yenk Active Member

Is 115 bountiful better than 100? Or is 100 a secret cap? If so, I kick two bouniful nails an replace them by harvestskill nails.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

afaik 100 bountiful is hard cap and you should therefore always have a double harvest from each pull
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Yenk Active Member

ahhh there is never a triple harvest, so more than 100 is nonsensical. thx.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Avithax Well-Known Member

If you have any leftover greater spirits and or obols the armor merchant in Cardin Ward sells armor with 2 white slots. For those of you who love living dangerously with obscene stats!
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Yenk Active Member

Its not dangerous. All my items and jewelry are level 95 with two with slots, except such things like solstice, blessed shawl, harvester cloak and more. That works fine. (Harvestskill ~ 1300).
    If a monster attacks me, I can change the set with 1-click-macro and the mob is a onetimeshot. :-D
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Avithax Well-Known Member

It's only dangerous for me if a mob catches me on the ground, it's safer to never land while harvesting because you can always fly off if you get attacked.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can also mentor down and just kill stuff in Sleeper's Tomb for the level 95 armor, it has double white slots.
    Soara2, Avithax and Breanna like this.