rare harvest

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Billiemo, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Billiemo Member

I have been trying to gather rare harvest for skill upgrades for my mage for several weeks. Let me start by saying before the addition of the new tradeskill daily in cobalt scar, I could gather around an hour and get about 20 rares. At that time my rare harvesting chance was at 12%. Since the update I have been out harvesting in planes of magic numerous times actually harvesting over 3000+ normal harvest and 5 rares (rubicite). I have spent hours harvesting and my rare harvest chance now is 22.9% I also harvest during the cobalt scars daily and just today, I harvested about 30 minutes and received 5 rares. What is going on in the planes of magic harvesting? Has the rares chance been lowered because we now have ways to up our rare chance? I just don't understand. We need these rares for skills and yet they can't be harvested as much as in chaos descensing areas. Can you plz look at this and fix it?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I haven't seen any issues with rare harvests in either PoP or CD. I use ACT with the Harvest Tracking plug-in, so I can really see what I am getting. My best harvester has 107% Bountiful Harvest and 24% Rare Harvest Chance.

Regardless of how much Rare Harvest Chance my toons have, I usually see about 10% rares, which is right in line with this morning's harvesting session. I have no idea how that 24% RHC is used to come up with a 10% rare harvest, but then toons with a much lower RHC also seem to get 10% rares...

[IMG]
    Merriel, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

Two other factors that greatly increase your rare harvests are Havesting Skill (some) and Bountiful Harvest (a lot). If you max you BH to 100% not only will you finish harvest missions way faster, you will see more rares. 5 Rares in 30 minutes seems way low to me. I hit 5 rares in just a few minutes most runs.
    Mermut, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

And then there is the wayward RNG. I have several characters with the exact same gear and stats and one gets about ten times the rares the others get in the same time period.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

RNG hates me so any time that is involved my numbers are going to be far less than most everybody else.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

With 826 Harvesting skill, I don't think that's why my now 25% Rare Harvest Chance still only nets 10% rare harvest results.

Pro Tip: Look for level 95 pants, boots, and maybe chest from Sleeper's Tomb... they have two white slots so you can have to Nail or Harvests in each. That's how I got my Bountiful Harvest to 100%. (At 110, some of my toons can solo even the Sleeper's Tomb raid zones.)
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Awwwww. You changed the noots to boots too quickly. :p
    Faeonara, Soara2, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  8. Melkior Well-Known Member

Sig, sorry if my post was unclear. It was directed at the OP, who was harvesting 5 rares in 30 minutes, not you.
  9. jaxus New Member

can you list your equipment or mount please as I don't understand how one can get 107 Bountiful harvest and 24%Rare Harvest chance?
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

There are harvesting adornments (to get your bountiful up to 100, over 100 doesn't help)
    For rare chance, there is a harvest bauble gotten for beta testing last expac, AA, familar (either from PoM TS line or the mischief TS line) and mount equipment
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This would be my conjuror Gullveig on Maj'Dul.
    [IMG]
    Soara2, Merriel, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  12. jaxus New Member

thanks alot, this really helps.
  13. Gregore Active Member

My super harvester got 5 rares from one node once! I get 4 rares from a single node frequently. I'm at 33% rare harvest chance W/bountiful harvest POT going. 104% bountiful harvest & 1389 mining skill. If I could find a cost effective way of leveling up my level 4 harvesting familiar, I could get to 39% rare harvest chance. If you're not getting the rares, you need to put more work into that harvester. You can look at my super harvester on EQ2U to get an idea of what you're lacking. His name is Gerkin, & he's on HOF server. Be sure to select his harvesting gear set, as he has 6 different gear sets saved.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Blazen like this.
  14. Avithax Well-Known Member

I have 2 harvesting toons both with almost identical almost max harvest/bountiful stats. One of them is consistently 250-300 rares/hr and the other is always over 350-400 rares/hr when i'm using macros and temps. I've never figured out why this is, but I have a 3rd toon thats getting on the top end of stats now and it's average is already over 325.

My highest performing harvester is a monk who will trot along until I get a big pack of mobs and then I feign Death and keep going. Perhaps it has something with mixing getting hit between nodes and the luck chance but that's purely speculation.

Other than that, if you're at 20+rare harvest and only getting 20 (total of all nodes) rares/hr then the RNG gods really hate you.
    Just be sure to hit ALL nodes because I sincerely believe there's a "cherry picking" mechanic that hurts you in the long run.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Does one of them have a racial trait that increases the speed of harvesting?
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Speed reduction caps out. At lower levels the racial helps (though the racials are node specific), but at max level with the best tools (and goblin buff), everybody has the same 'min speed' cap.
    Breanna, Soara2, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Leveling up a harvesting familiar will be your best means of increasing rare harvest chance. I do the little Familiars Wild quest daily and feed the resulting familiars to the crafting/harvesting familiar (in this case, the Mischievous Beastie).
    Avithax, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  18. jaxus New Member

what harvesting familiar are you using?
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. jaxus New Member

which harvesting familiar gives the best harvesting rare bonuses when fully levelled?
    Mischievous Beastie or Gaggelu Pearwood or there's another better harvesting familiar?
    I had both Mischievous Beastie or Gaggelu Pearwood at level 1 but Gaggelu Pearwood has 6% harvesting rare bonuses compared to Mischievous Beastie's 5% harvesting rare bonuses.
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Gaggelu is slightly better, but is more effort to get.
    Snikkety and Soara2 like this.