Ranking Mercenaries... Which is "Best in Class"?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Sigrdrifa, May 15, 2015.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've been looking over the various mercenaries, shopping for the best hireling available. My conjy would like to have an outstanding tank that can hold aggro, and also an outstanding healer. Others of my horde want other abilities.

Right now, my conjy's healer is Dok-Tok Mk III. How does he compare with Kenny or Perrin Wanderhoof? How about Krivok Honorclaw? Then there's the AOM healer, Lorr'kejut, how does that one stack up? I'm unlikely to spend cash on the Archon packs right at the moment, but I'm betting The Sublime Blade-Vicar is probably the best in class for healers.

How do the various mercs rank?
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

The Defiler merc "Kluuron V'Lorn" from the AoM Collectors Edition is amazingly good. Nice wards, heals and cures and can hold his own in a fight.
    My conjy - see sig - has used him on all of the AoM solo content without any difficulties with only a couple of deaths in the Solo Dungeon missions until I got the mechanics sorted out.
    (And before anyone points it out I know she needs a gear upgrade, working on getting the rares for the MC gear, so my crafters can make and experiment on. ;) )

BTW Sig, welcome back.
  3. jimmyfrank Member

I agree with flameweaver kluuron hands Down from the collection I got .

I have kluuron Perrin . Kenny , and the snake lady for healing mercs . Kluuron hands down what I would take .
  4. Wintir Active Member

Who might qualify as the best DPS for my Pally, please? Any thoughts :)
  5. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Lorr'Kejut actually is equal in my experience to the CE Kluuron. they are both different classes though. Kluuron is a shaman/Defiler and Lorr is an Inq. but so far, Lor outdoes Stampler or the Archon from Skyshrine. I did get 1 pack, and it seems the 'common' ones are basically just reskinned Stampler, so I imagine the Djinn one is prolly a reskinned Lorr.

As to the fighter side of things, Quarr is kinda nice, but I have heard lots of good things about the Rum Cellar monk, now that they fixed his aggro issues. and Krivik is still a good paladin, unless you have access to the 10 year vet merc, then it's Lady hands down.
  6. The Jones Active Member

I'm confused about the passion for Kluuron. Waaaay too slow. Hits hard in melee mode but wastes a lot of time casting slow stuff and it avoids chances to dps. Completely unreliable when it comes to healing because of the slow cast speed. Krivok is the best pure healer I've seen. Krivok cures well and can cast a quick heal when you need it.

The 10 year vet reward tanks are the best tank mercs I've seen.

With that said I haven't seen any of the mercs from AoM outside of Kluuron.

Also.... When will they ever make a good dps merc???? please do it!!!!!! Seems strange that they only make tank/healer mercs.
  7. Tru of Guk Member

I have all the new mercs from aom and tested them all out on an 8 epic immortal dummy fight for 5 mins each.

Lorr'kejut was by far the best dps plus he heals, cures and verdicts.
    Wintir likes this.
  8. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Kluuron is a shaman. yes, they have slower cast times. but I promise you Kluuron can heal you through some stuff the Krivok will not be able to. plus Kluuron can Bolster you. Kluuron has heals, and wards. and I haven't noticed any difference in curing between the two.
  9. The Jones Active Member

This is really surprising to me. Krivok cures/heals very quickly. Kluuron will try to dps when a heal is the better choice (by casting stuff when auto-attack would dish out more dps!). Also Kluuron doesn't have a group cure.

When I compare Kluuron side by side with Krivok for healing/curing capability it's not even close.

Don't get me wrong. If I'm looking for a heal or two and extra dps I will use Kluuron, but I always die if I try to use Kluuron for heals on content that I'm not already well geared for.
  10. jimmyfrank Member

The reason I support kluuron is the same reason you don't it seems . He's the only merc I could clear solo content with on my illy prior to getting decently geared out
  11. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Krivok is a Templar. alot of his healing is small heals, fast, or rteactives that basically only work when your getting slapped about. Kluuron is ward/big heals, that as slower, yes. he also buffs you a lot more. in my experience, I don't have Kluuron attack anything. he just heals/cures, and buffs the heck outta me.

Krivok I have to have him fighting, becuase I need the dps so that his healing doesn't eventually get outpaced by scripting or the like.

though right now I use Lor'Kejutt, the Inq mostly, who is in essence the best of both worlds. he can heal much more like Kluuron and buffs me decently, plus if I have him attacking, he'll slap the mob with Verdict to end fights quicker.
  12. Meirril Well-Known Member

DPS mercs aren't much better than priests. You better off with one of the top end healer mercs because you'll get nearly the same DPS with cures and heals as well.

I do use Trundo the Ranger Merc from Kelethin, but that is because you can right click the merc to Track. When your hunting named for the weekly mission it helps. I certainly don't use him for DPS.
    Wintir likes this.
  13. Meirril Well-Known Member

Tank wise both of the 10 year vet mercs are good. I think Matri Dut is a slightly better alternative. A tank that dispatches can't be all bad, right? The Paladin version of Kirvok Honorclaw isn't horrible as a tank, but not quite as strong as the 10 year. I've no experience with the monk tanks so I can't comment on the fellow from the Rum Cellar, but at 20p to buy his token on the broker why not try him out?
  14. Charlice Well-Known Member

My top three healers would be;
    Lorr'Kejut
    Kenny
    The rat from the tradeskill quest line.
    They all cure in a timely fashion. It really bugs me when some don't.
    Perrin is rubbish. I don't have Kluuron.

I have a few of the healer mercs from the MP, I don't think much of them. The above are better. They do look good though.

Tanks. I just love Zelbie. He is most awesome and a Pali.
    Wintir likes this.
  15. Wintir Active Member

Agreed, Zelbie is fantastic :)
    Charlice likes this.
  16. Ellimist Active Member

I tried kenny the other night just to see what he's like.

Kluuron is still my favorite healer on my Wizzy. Keeps me up way better than Kenny did.
  17. Guurzak Active Member

Of the healer mercs, which one has the best DPS? My Bruiser is currently running around with Kenny for advanced solos but if there's a significantly better option I'm all ears. Bruisers don't need a lot of healing with all their defensive options but a DPS boost is nice.