RANGERS

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Melfius, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Melfius New Member

Would someone PLEASE do something to make Rangers useful again? Our DPS is no longer Tier 1 (and hasn't been for years), we really have very few utility abilities that apply to anyone else other than ourselves, there hasn't been any poison updates in the last few expansions.

Are we being phased out or what?
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Are you crazy? Rangers are in a really good spot at the moment.
  3. Halixa New Member

Maybe Fix Beastlords before Rangers, we aren't even wanted in raids anymore at all
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

Rangers are crazy strong right now, and have the best utility of all the T1 classes. Not sure you know which class you're playing.
  5. Sionx Renaissance Ranger

For those that are not rangers but group with them regularly, what ranger combat abilities or utility do you get the most benefit from?
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

hook arrow is cute and fun
    makeshift arrows can make thing go pew pew more
  7. Esakker New Member

There are times hook arrow comes in handy but for the most part other things are much better. Makeshift arrow is a very nice buff both for the ranger and any other ranged toon in the same group. As for being T1 dps, get over it, we aren't have not been for so long that it is embarrassing to even bring it up. However, played well we still can be helpful and appreciated.
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

Our ranger is definitely parsing with the other t1s despite having the statistically inferior group. It may be that you're not being properly buffed or you're not pushing the right buttons in the right order.

Regardless, rangers from the 1 I've seen are capable of competing with other well played t1s.
  9. Komatus Well-Known Member

Over the last 8 or 9 years I have seen the ranger class have it's ups and downs around twice. Personally think the devs like to mess with the toons just to keep the players on their toes. ;)
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I hate to break it to you, but I know a BL who's parsing 2nd or 3rd consistently in raids. Other rangers are doing well. A lot depends on who's playing the class and the other part is focusing on what they can do NOW, not what they can't do any more. Yes, both classes took some hits, but the ones who know their classes have made adjustments to be competitive. And part of that is who is in their group.
  11. Tegan Active Member

Ranger's are definitely T1 capable. If your main is a Ranger and you're not doing well send me a DM in discord.
  12. Sionx Renaissance Ranger

Thanks for the offer Tegan. I'll start with your AA spec and get acquainted with it before I pepper you with questions. :)