Rangers nerfed again ?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Vanleeze, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Vanleeze New Member

Ranger
    • Decreased the base damage value of Makeshift Arrows by 28%.
    • Increased the class base ability damage multiplier by 12%.
    I don't know about the other rangers but my dps got a huge hit with the Jan 4th. I can't compete with other T1 dps anymore. Why they keep nerfing the rangers over and over ?

The way I see it, since Makeshift arrows is a permanent buff, i feel like we got a hit of 16% or around there. Makeshift arrows was probably hitting for a higher percentage then intended but then, the increase of ability damage multiplier should have been proportionate IMO.

Since iv'e played ranger for ever and I love that class, I've decided to GM most of my spells to stay competitive and even then, I'm not. What's going on ?

I mean, we have not a single utility to raids besides our dps, most if not all other T1 have more utilities than rangers.

Anyone else noticed that ?
  2. wiouxev2 Active Member

Can you link your eq2u?

Ranger is one of those classes that casting order can make a big difference.

I'm a complete crap ranger, and I do pretty well, so, at first blush I don't agree with you that rangers can't compete with other T1's.
  3. Vanleeze New Member

I should have specified, what i meant is gear for gear, pot for pot, i can't compete with the other T1's, and that is only since last week. The thing is those classes have little but some utilities, we have nothing to bring in a raid.

The other thing, why did they change the range of dagger storm to 10 meters ? which ranger fights within 10 meters ? I choose a range class because I like to range, now I have to stay in with the melees to do decent dps.

The mage Unda Aoe spell has 20 meter ? why 10 on dagger storm ?
  4. Erak Member

Don't you think that 60%-70% of your DPS from perma buff was little bit over the edge ? I think that they went a right way with increasing CAs DMG multiplier while nerfing Makeshift Arrows DMG but it might be that DB just didnt adjust those values accordingly.

Their idea behind this is that you focus more on your cast order, than smashing fast casting CA's which procs Makeshift Arrows.

And about Dagger Storm, I bet 10 of 10 mages would swap their Unda 20meters DMG for your 10 Meters DMG Dagger Storm. (RIP Swashbucklers ;) I must admit that it must suck for ranger to stay at 10m tho.
  5. Vanleeze New Member

Yes, i agree, that's what I'm saying in my initial post, I understand the nerf on Makeshift but the base damage increase is not right. It wasn't 60 or 70%, it was 25-30 for me, maybe because my ascensions are GM's.

One of the reason why this spell was OP, it was because, right off the bat, everybody upgraded it to GM since it was in our level 110 spell upgrade in our AA.

And you're right, it's sucks to get within melee range as a ranger now. It remove lot's of fun in the class. Oh and I haven't even talk about how they screwed us over with the fact we can't use the crossbow either even though I got the collectors edition for it. I'm sure it's an honest mistake but we haven't been compensated with anything else.
  6. Rougez Active Member

Rangers are still capable of putting out great numbers.
  7. Sowy Active Member

Melee range doesn't even matter. You should be on ranged auto always even if you are in melee range. Since MSA only procs on ranged hits/cas. Prioritize your ranged CAs to proc it more often. I don't mind the "passive" damage of MSA because it only works if you're using the CAs.