"Rangers are currently the higest DPS in the game. They are not supposed to be." Blackguard .

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Lord of the Arctic, Feb 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-MegaDavidoff Guest

Another thing...
    * What about every class being speciel & char. unique.. thats the thing! Everyone that have played the game for a while and tried different classes, know that every class is needed. The strength in a raid fx ..should be and normally is a nice mix of all classes.
    As I see it.. there should be difference.. classes and even in the classes. All char looking exactly the same, have the same dps,can heal,debuff,ward,give group buffs etc, riding same horses livivng at the same place etc etc.... Well its not much of a game then... I can just as well play Couterstrike then..

(The 4000 dps example is just another example thats stupid.... wont even comment it)
  2. ARCHIVED-klepp Guest

no doubt, they change us.. next some other classes is whimpering they arent on top. Id understand being even with other T1 dps classes. Albeit we should be a bit better and single as casters should be a bit better at AE. What i dont agree with is they are trying to put us even with other T1 classes After figureing the poison that we PAY for.. and not just a little bit either... absolutely bs imo ... we need to raise quite the ruckus or we're accepting our fate now.
    What do we have that constitutes us paying out ATLEAST 2 plat a week .... compareable dps? [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]
  3. ARCHIVED-klepp Guest

yea 4000dps lol riiiiight

Sniper shot on a solo mob 15 lvls below you = 4000dps
  4. ARCHIVED-Bithnar Guest

Here is my question . . . where did the 4000 DPS come from?

To answer to my satisfaction I want to know a few things first:
    1. What was the lvl of the ranger comparied to the mob?
    2. What was the next highest DPS number? (If it was close to the ranger's then it becomes a moot point)
    3. What was the gear the ranger was using, including poisons?
    4. What buffs were on the ranger that might have increased his DPS?
    5. Was this burst DPS or sustained? I know if we fire off all our CA as soon as we can we can get monsterous DPS
    6. Was this an Epic mob or a 3 down arrow mob?

If these questions are answered then we can start to pick apart the numbers and come to good conclusions. But to just throw out a number without any explination of where it came from is useless.
  5. ARCHIVED-BedlamX Guest

I guess I would like to know one thing. The Devs have found a way to make the Ranger fairly usless in a group by removing DPS not to mention Raids and they have over the months nerfed our ability to solo with Kiting and SOA. What is left in this Game for the Ranger. As far as I see it I am the customer I pay for their service if they want to keep me they have to convice me that what they are doing benefits me the customer. Granted you cant please everyone. This isnt an ldol threat by any means but if we as rangers feel we are getting totally shafted by these changes our only recouse is to cancel. I am not saying that I will be doing so I am simply saying that SOE has made their mind up and nothing short of canceling 50,000 accounts will make them listen. I will tell you this much I will evaluate KOS for myself and if I feel my class is useless and no longer needed I wont roll another player I will move on to other mean of entertainment. FYI my guild will be recieving all my property and $ so dont ask.

BedlamX
  6. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

I'm taking the same approach. I did not pre-order KoS for me and my wife because we want to evaluate the changes first and don't want to waste any more money unecessarily. The gauge will be, are we continuing to have fun. I said in another thread that I'm not going away and that I'm going to fight this out, but after thinking about it with a little less emotion, I really don't want to wait another nine months to get my character fixed if it turns out to be broke again.
    If we are not having fun, we won't be playing, and if we are not playing, we are not going to continue to drop the $44 a month on two station passes. We really don't play the other games much anymore.
    One other thing, if you leave, can I have...
    Oh, never mind.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dirtgirl Guest

What does "on the extreme" mean anyway?Right now on live ----->
    6 triple down arrow green mobs + Storm or Arrows = 4k easy (for sorcerors see Devastation spell)
    1 no arrow green mob + Sniper's = 4k easy (for sorcerors see Ice Comet spell)
    Me in all Legendary and Fabled + raid mobs = 450 to 550 (for sorcerors, see same or better raid parses plus your buffs)
    I'd like to know where the 4k number came from myself since it's causing such an uproar.
    If Rangers were doin 4k DPS in a 1 minute or more long fight, then yeah, there needed to be a change.
    If they were doin 4k DPS in a 3 second slaughter, I see no issue as I do that now on live.
    Sure would be nice if SOE would toss us a bone of info and clarify what condition this happened under.
    And if it was due to AAs, then fix the freakin AAs, don't cut my damage in half without them.
    Message Edited by Dirtgirl on 02-20-200610:20 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Mrhanky Guest

lol soo funny, rangers cant solo named??:p was in damm sc yesterday saw this one lvl 60 ranger running around solo every damm named there was in there.... face it guys you were sooo overpowered it wasnt even funny, cant really see why you are surprised really.. is a damm reason why every1 and their alts is a ranger atm! But dont worry in a month or two you will see summoners cry just as much;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

/em [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] slaps Mrhanky
    Like I said in another thread, they'll never stand for summors having decent dps either. A Ranger solo'd every named in SC? So, how long did it take the soloing Ranger to drop Arazul?
  10. ARCHIVED-Demlar Guest

Just going to say a couple things here.
    To the guy that made the comment about being a warlock and carrying multiple sets of gear around instead of arrows... I raid, multiple times a week. My inventory consists of 3 sets of gear, about 4500 arrows and 20 different vials of poisons, if not more. Do you really want to go down the road of comparing how much you carry vs what some of us carry around?
    As for the big 4000 dps. That was on BETA only. It was done by lvl 70 rangers with 50 aa's and it was a BUG. The only time anyone on live came anywhere close to those numbers was in Poet's Palace Return killing the scores of trash, with wizards/warlocks getting the same. I've talked to wizards in my guild who pulled off 3500 dps casting 2 spells in those fights. Don't take Beta as gospel of what is happening on live.
    Were rangers overpowered on live between LU13 and LU20, yes. Were we doing 4k dps all the time, not even close. Rangers on raids were doing 800-1800 dps, depending on the ranger, CA levels and gear.
  11. ARCHIVED-MegaDavidoff Guest

Just to ansawer the other guy.
    Nameds in SC... well first of all, the nameds in SC isnt the hardest. (if it really was nameds) And the Ranger who did it... had great skill, no doubt about that. (if its even true)
    And yes i also wonder how long that took.. not much u can do while kiting.. lol I mean there must have been pops during the time he was kiting fx.
    But I can promisse u .. that any mage .. esp. Conj. Would do it so much easier.

If you havent tried the classes your are attacking, then please keep it to your self. Or get fact.
  12. ARCHIVED-Shrike01 Guest

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]....
    We'll continue to work with procs until we're comfortable with how they function. To those crying doom and gloom for the Ranger class: Rangers are currently the higest DPS in the game. They are not supposed to be.
    that is lame on a level I have never witnessed before....
    this is worse than when you NERFED wizards and spellcasters, wait, now after you nerfed them you are nerfing scouts in order to make it a level playing feild again. I can get incoherant babble..... at work didnt want to have to deal with it here also.
    here is a piece of advice SOE...
    quit PISSING OFF poeple who give you money. eventually they will stop.
  13. ARCHIVED-Blazare Guest

What planet are you from? We can't even solo a ^ heroic that's 5 lvls down, let alone SOLO A NAMED!
    Only thing we have is DPS. and yes 4000dps is rediculous for anyone, but bottom line? We should be the highest DPS in game because that's what rangers are....DPS, we're not utility, we don't have any healing ability, we get hit 3 times in a group encounter and we're getting rezed. I'm not saying that we should do 3x the dps as other DPS classes but we should be at the top( assasin too).

Most important of all.... they said they could make changes in PvP without affecting PvE, what a lie! I havn't used slower weapons to increase my proc rate, I use the DPS rating (dmg/speed), and if I notice my DPS drop I'm going back to WoW to wait for Vanguard

/end rant
    Message Edited by Blazare on 02-20-200606:17 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-GrayStorm Guest

what I don't understand is... why is it SOOO hard to balance the dps?
    They stated that Ranger, Assassin, Wizard and Warlock are the Tier 1 dps classes right?
    So why can't they take out these 4 classes and have them beat on some mobs (with no resists) until they can balance it out... until similarly geared of all of the above are all cranking out roughly the same dps? It's just starting to feel like they half-a55 their testing... like they're completely out of touch with the game itself.
    It doesn't take a genius to see the crazy imbalance between these classes right now.
  15. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Hate to burst your bubble here but you really need to learn how to play your ranger correctly. Currently rangers, wizards, warlocks, conjurors, necros, coercers and illusionist can all easily solo ^^^ named mobs. Only difference is how fast each class can do it. Currently rangers can do it the fastest.
    To the person talking about the ranger running around SC killing named. Big deal if a wizard was there he could have done the same thing. Just would have taken a bit longer for the kills. Hell alot of classes could go around doing what you saw that ranger do.
    If you can't solo a heroic do some research. There is plenty of helpful threads around that can teach you things you don't know about your class. To bad all of that becomes obsolete tomorrow.
    Hey on the plus side rangers will be able to start those nice LU** and still no love for ranger threads. They did work for the sorcers didn't they.
  16. ARCHIVED-Dirtgirl Guest

^^^ named in PP? I'm a pretty good soloer, but the named in PP? Nah. Maybe a green con ^^^ named, or even blue if its the right kind of mob and you have LOTS of room to work in without adds. But generally, my solo skills cap out at a blue non-named heroic. :smileywink:
    But then again, maybe you are a much better soloer than I.
    *edit* had to remove an extra R or two.
    Message Edited by Dirtgirl on 02-20-200605:58 PM
    Message Edited by Dirtgirl on 02-20-200605:58 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Blazare Guest

You obviously have never played a ranger so go away. Sorry I don't have a L1337 alt to finance getting fabled gear and master 1 everything at every label. The average player will be dead before getting a named down to orange, unless the mob is 9-10 levels lower. So get a clue, and if you want to argue this point level a ranger to at least 13 and try to take on a named in antonica... after you die everytime come back and tell us how to play our class.
    Message Edited by Blazare on 02-20-200609:51 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-The Banff Guest

My ranger is only 26 with 4 adept 1's and the rest app 1's. I solod a lvl 29 ^^^ named giant with no fabled, 1 legendary and mostly app 1 skills. I think you just need to learn how to play the class a little better. It's reall not that hard to do what I just said. All you have to do is keep him snared and run around in circles shooting him.
  19. ARCHIVED-coltlane Guest

This person was smoking crack pretty hardcore when they made this post. Please dismiss it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Sunjaguar Guest

Regarding the Vanguard Rangers Post earlier: What a great post, that says it all really. SOE knows, I'm sure, that a very large crowd of their players will leave en masse for Vanguard. With nerfs like this that make our class non-enjoyable there is not doubt they solidify that migration.
    Message Edited by Sunjaguar on 02-21-200602:45 AM