Rangers - A long lost Vision

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by CSP84, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Sowy Active Member

Anyone?

Also don't use low level ammo, use current level ammo
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm talking purely from AA's.

Rangers get 5% from an AA. Assassin get 0.7%. Stealth assault's tooltip says 2% but all my tests say that's an error.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

There is absolutely no reason for a ranger to be outparsed, they have no real utility, all they bring is damage.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

So within a few days of this thread, I'm in a raid in the Recuso Tor PQ, and literally 2/3 of the force is ranger. I read that as, they want to have their ranger somewhat polished up if it turns out they get better in raids. The class fashions in EQ2, smh. During KA, you'd never have said you thought Warlocks were good DPS, I was literally considering betraying to Wizzy.

Edit: to be clear, I'm saddened by how the rotating fashions feed discontent. And I think the reason Channeler and Beastlord are so awesome is, you have to buy them. Some claim they were meant to be "Tier 2" from the get-go. But then if that's true, why isn't there a Tier 2 tank and a Tier 2 enchanter, that you have to buy? If buy = win, then that would be the way to go.

When I think of ranger, I think of bow damage and I do think of utility such as group buffs. The fantasy book character I think of is Tanis in Dragonlance. The spine of the group, holds them together, ensures everyone has what they need. To me that translates to the game mechanic of utility.
  5. CSP84 Well-Known Member

The devs handed out auto attack like candy this expansion as a means for player to progress as mentioned before. Now every class, besides the class built around AA ironically, gets an dps improvement.
    Now with that in mind does that mean every class will get high end damage pets next expansion as i means of progress ? Because that is the equivalent to this design decision....
  6. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Assasins get the same increase damage, can use the same debuff poisons as ranger and now with this expansion they give 15 Fervor to tanks. Rangers get a selfbuff on their main deaggro spell.

If i were a Raidleader and i have limited dps scouts spots in my raid and have Assasins, Beastlords, Swashies and Ranger guess who would get the spots ? DPS and Utility speaks against the Ranger class.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Brigand/Swash/Ranger or Beastlord.

NP
  8. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Current live meta is very biased toward a sin vs. ranger. BL/swash are doing fine but a ranger would need to work 20-40% harder to compete.

Adoninilol - which guild are you raiding with right now?
  9. CSP84 Well-Known Member

In discord chat it is being discussed that there won't be any bow dmg rating fixings as it would op the Channler even further.....

Adoninilol - i find it very interesting that you are the only person who believes that Ranger can take on Sins in Raids.
  10. Wolf_ Member

It would also be nice if they would give an explanation for why every counter part assassin spell is higher than that of the ranger.
  11. CSP84 Well-Known Member

I realized (probably a bit late) that the original eagle's talon was changed. Originally it would increase the bow dmg (rating) by 20%, the idea behind this was the Ranger as a master of bows would get more out of a the weapon than other classes.

This 20% increase bow dmg was changed into 0.26 Auto attack multiplier. This design decision ,as many other changes to ranger, "surprisingly"...... backfired.......

The dev thinking that 20% increased bow dmg is equal to 0.26 auto attack multiplier got it wrong as we see now. What this decision makes more confusing is that auto attack multiplier still doesn't buff ranged weapons.......

Dear Dev please change the eagles talon buff back to 20% more bow damage dmg atleast, maybe even more like 30-50% to match Melee Weapon.
  12. Wolf_ Member

The base auto attack multiplier works perfectly on ranged weapons. If you want you can test it with snack like "Juju Hopling". But unfortunately with the low bow rate you need a 2 times base multiplier for your auto attack base multiplier to match the melee weapons. I am currently using two weapons instead of the bow. I am not happy with that because this is not what a ranger should be. Assassin without fatal follow up ^^
  13. Sowy Active Member

Tuesday patch notes:

• Corrected an issue that caused ranged weapons above level 110 to not increase damage rating to appropriate levels.
    "makes more confusing is that auto attack multiplier still doesn't buff ranged weapons......."
    Please stop saying this. It's so easy to disprove this there's no reason why you haven't already figured this out yourself.
  14. Wolf_ Member

They have changed something…. anyone seen the patch notes for it? In prestige skill tree on arrow rain there was a second hit for aoe attacks. Today i realized that there is now a 63% base dmg buff for aoe attacks on it. In principle, I am for harder hits instead of light double attacks because therefore we have ability double cast. But i really found nothing in the notes..