Ranger Updates

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Lockeye, Mar 3, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

some soloers are not n00bs and solo without dieing. sam soloed when he went after frodo and kicked some spider butt. eowyn killed the witch king and legolas soloed an elephant (well, at least in the movie) :smileytongue:
    ---------------------------
    Ryilan Nightbreeze
  2. ARCHIVED-Melaxus Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Dirtgirl Guest

So what was Eowyn? I need to roll me one of those. LOL She strikes me as a female Pally. Oh wait, nm, I can't stand Pallies......And youre right, I'm sure she'll get nerfed soon enough.....
  4. ARCHIVED-deaks Guest

The tier 2 commonlands elephant was grey! Clearly he needs to try soloing something harder.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rintar Guest

there are a few things i would like to address here ...
    1... why are there no heroic opportunities that use a ranger's bow CA's ?
    2.. why did u take away the ability to use bow Ca's on the run ?
    3..yippee we get a root..now how is this root going to function ?? will u cast your CA have root go off then auto atk and break the root before u can back up ??
    4 ..i'm getting really tired of having the new aviak mobs in KoS block,parry and deflect my bow atks that are from stealth and behind..
    5.. why can't u put a delay mod on quivers made from rare pelts ??or have an Heritage Quest for the Fleeting quiver or at least a bow
    .6. why can't u add some new skins for bows ?? it doesn't matter whether u have an elm bow or an ebony they all look the same
    7..and finally why do rangers ALWAYS have to show their melee weps ?? the only time it shows your bow equipped is if u are using it for a kill shot..it would be nice to have the option of showing either your melee weapons or your bow .it would be one way of making rangers look like rangers
    Message Edited by Rintar on 03-12-200611:05 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Roark Guest

So when is the damage rating 'Damage rating across all ranged weapons is increased by 33% to be in line with the damage rating offered by 2-handed weapons.going to take effect? My Grizzfang bow is still showing the same 80.6 rating.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Rumor has it that this bow is not going to get an upgrade as are some of the other ones. Apparently, only some bows were affected like Ebony. This is stupid because the two hander from this quest has a higher DR. So this bow needs to be raised to the same DR as the 2 hander from the quest. I doubt it will ever happen. I commend SOE for a quick response time the first time around for fizes. But, I don't think we are going to be as lucky this next round. Working as intended, I think it is going to be from here on out.
  8. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

The DR could be higher on Grizz, but what really bothers me is the really mediocre stat. STAT. Not stats... just one: +20 STR. The Grizzle mace, for example, has +27 to WIS *and* +27 to another - maybe STA? Point being, +54 total attribute points; we get less than half of that. Why??
  9. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Yeah that bothers me too Jay. Take a look at the post I put in the items forum about that. The stats on the bow are completely inferior to every other weapon. The DW gets +27 str. I don't know why the bow is so bad on stats.
  10. ARCHIVED-Star Guest

I would imagine the stat issue is a matter of which item slot it goes into. Are there other none fabled bows that drop in T7 to compare to? (Oh wait, I forgot. THis game is sadly lacking in bow choices unless you get a fabled drop.) Either way I think they decided that it might be unfair to have so many stats in the Ranged Slot for some reason, despite the fact that most symbols I've seen have 2 or more stat bonuses.
  11. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

i'm not there yet level wise, but checked out the rewards for that quest. and i was suprised as well. the thought of picking the dual-wield weapon when i do that quest even crossed my mind.

perhaps it is because of ranged slot, but it's still a bit underwhelming. and if it holds true that it has less damage rating then the 2-hander from that quest, i too would like to know why the hell this reward is so low compared to the the other ones?

Ryilan Nightbreeze
  12. ARCHIVED-Elquinjena Guest

Has anyone tried this yet? I have seen other posts about the new lunge being useless now.

Personaly I don't see HOW we can back up, and then get off 2 shots in 4 seconds.
  13. ARCHIVED-Mirdo Guest

It si possible using our lowest cast time/ fastest recovery CA's BUT it's probably more efficient to use a single longer cast, higher damage CA.

Both snaring shot and precise shot have 1 sec casting times and 0.5s recovery. If you start to back away, creating some distance, stun then back up a tiny bit more and queue both skills you can do it - assuming no lag etc. It is much easier to use a single higher damage art - just save it for mid-fight instead of the pull - maybe something like amazing shot which is 1.5s cast and can now hit for over 1k.

Mirdo.
  14. ARCHIVED-4lta Guest

even with these changes its to little to late ans the fact that Brigands and Conjs are still top raid dps this lil fix really didnt do anything ....and to top it off they give conjs a lower cast time on there stoneskin !!!! thats like lowering rangers snipershot its never gonna happen ,thx for the try soe but this isnt gonna make us t1! and im shure this is where your gonna leave us and contuine to make the other t2 classes even better LOL
  15. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. We get slightly better only to find the mobs have gained some magical ability to now see through stealth. A nerf in all but name.