Ranger Race?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Turnery, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Turnery New Member

Best race for ranger?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Racials don't make a huge amount of difference. Your best bet is to play a toon that you don't mind looking at the backside of (assuming you play in third-person view).

You can look at what the different races have to offer on the wiki.

The next question is which deity you should follow. That's also a matter of personal preference, though I'll say that Erollisi is the Goddess of the Hunt and has some nice ranger-beneficial miracles.
    Turnery and Finora like this.
  3. Suidakra Active Member

Have you played around with the Deity and the Ethereal coin buff you get for it?
    It says it adds a buff or buffs depending on Deity chosen.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Using the right altars, you can right-click an altar of the deity you follow and choose to "commune" with the deity. This does give a nice buff. All of the "commune" buffs are pretty similar, AFAIK.

The buff you can get from the Summer 2021 Ethereals works if you have selected the Deity Pet buff on the Shadows AA tree. For RoS, our guild wanted everyone to follow the Tribunal for the miracles, and I did play around with this a bit from my old deity (Erollisi) to Tribunal. I'm fixin' to change it to do the food buff instead because I'm pretty sure that will be better stat wise for me.
  5. Suidakra Active Member

I know some of my guildies just looked into it, they just unlocked it. One Deity was giving a Flurry and Flurry multiplier. Another was giving Ability Double Cast. It seems Fervor might be the standard stat?
  6. redindus Active Member

When making a character, besure to read the race's background. Some races are okay or worst playing a scout class. But only make a little different. Other than that, just pick whatever you want and play the way at your way.