Ranger question switch from assassin to ranger

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Aran Anar, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Aran Anar Active Member

Hello me change from assassin as main to ranger . Only class I am used to is assassin . Wanted to know if ranger get upgrade to Stealth ability or stuck with only normal stealth skill.

Also do ranger get anything same as Fatal Follow Up something that adds up skills you use and gives damage multipler ?

Can any one with a good ranger post link to there EQ U page I need Help to spend my AA points. I simply want my combat arts to do most damage as possible . What is good AA build to solo and group heroics and do As Much Damage in One hit with Sniper Shot as possible.

Assassin has 2 self buffs one is for defence one for offence does Ranger have same buffs can't have both same time but can pick offence or defence unlimited duration ?

Name of all ranger self buffs that have Unlimited Duration please ?

I have a wood elf ranger I have no feather fall drives me nuts. Besides parachute only last 30 seconds anyone know of a longer lasting item that gives feather fall buff ? Can't play with out that lol

Please explain anyone the new big hype over eagle pet and how that works ? Is it Kunark ascending only ? How do you get attack hawk? How or why does it do a lot if damage like people say on forums? Do I need certain AA points spent to get new attack hawk to do good damage ?

Basically what's this attack hawk rumor I want to try it myself?

Thank you all Arnar Anran on Antonia Bayle
  2. Jasmin New Member

Hi, I've played the Ranger almost from the beginning and I'm depressed by what's happening to it right now.
    DPS from you is completely independent, your skills do very little damage, all that Ranger has is Makeshift Arrows and Hawk, it's not at all fun to play, I do not advise anyone
  3. Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub Active Member

I have played the Ranger for the last few months and love it as much now as I did when I played in EQ1, if not maybe a little more. There are some things that could be better, but overall it's a good class IMHO. If played right, The Ranger is a High DPS Class that can use multiple ways to dump Aggro. What I would recommend to you is take a look at something like EQ2U http://u.eq2wire.com/ and do a Search for Rangers on your Server. A Lot of it does depends on how your AA Tree is set up. The Epic Pet Hawk is a Much desired and needed addition to the Ranger Bucket of Tools. It has the abilities to be send out to pull as well as Survive the encounter. I will say that upgrading spells is necessary to be able to do anything in the Upper Levels. Failure to upgrade spells results in a lot of resist.

You should have Safe Fall, but until the Skill is worked up, you don't get many saves by it. Maybe try the Harvesting Cloak with Feather Fall.. Equip, Use, and then switch back to combat Cloak. Some nice Ranger Buffs that are "Until Cancel" are Primal Reflexes which lowers your hate Gain, Hunter's Instinct gives some nice Self Buffs for AGI, In Combat movement, Mit,and more. Archer Fury adds some decent combat buffs and an Extra Shot.

The Epic Weapon, Along with the Pet, is a Great Bow all in itself. The Mark of the Hunter is a welcome addition as it debuffs the Mob.

Two final Notes, as this could go on forever.. in your Tree, it is best to have Dagger Storm and Dozekar's Resilience. Dagger Storm being a good Trash attack and can put out a lot of damage. Dozekar's will give you a Regen shield, and both are in your AA Tree.

Lastly, I will say that these are my opinions. Not everyone likes every class. Rangers are not the in your face fighters. They are your Ranged attacks, but can come up close for some high Damage attacks with their blades if needed. A lot of it is how it is played and how it is set up. Lots of Folks today are going from 1 to 100 and have never played the class to learn how it works. Again, These are my opions and not everyone will agree with me.
  4. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Ranger is very simplistic compared to sin, if you played a good sin then ranger will be absolutely no issue. You get stealth bypass, boost to particular ca's, a hawk that does 30% of your overall dmg, and can easily keep up with the rest of the dps classes. There is no fatal follow up chain, it is simply a rotation to follow depending on what you are fighting. Personally most of the things you asked I would work on with a training dummy or running zones. I know last xpac before I stopped playing pushing out billions of dmg without even paying half attention to positioning, timers, and encounters was a breeze, add in ascension spells and you are gtg. Keep in mind, you won't be doing most of your own damage.