Ranger not so bad

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Shade Slayer, Apr 29, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    Battle Grounds Troll is Trolling... (and still not very effective at cause, effect and reasonable arguments)
  2. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    Wiat I know who you are! You are Solistcey in this thread:http://www.eq2flames.com/rangers/62388-rangers-really-much-worse-than-assassins.html

Finally brought your BS to the official forums because you got absolutely pwned on the other board, eh?
    At first I thought you were joking, but you are really serious that you think ranger's are OP, right? You are serious? Everyone here parses their ranger and we all know the results that is why we are asking for changes. Because no one in their right mind would ever think Rangers are OP if they actually understood combat mechanics.
    But understanding game mechanics is beyond you obviously. Your pathetic troll about sniper shot makes that astonishingly clear.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

You guys can only reply with newby troll insults? Is that your only response or do you have something constructive to say? "Learn to play your class" or "your a troll" or "your a newb" have no weight anymore! It's just jibberish. The fact is that this is a Ranger thread in a public forum. I'm talking about rangers. Ranger are over powered and need a nerf.
    Ranja I'm not that person and dont go to EQ2flames but that proves I'm not the only one that thinks rangers need a nerf.
    How come everyone that says something someone else doesnt like we all of a sudden become a troll or a nweb? LOL it's kind of funny actually! I just happen to be sick of rangers getting away with insane dps and stealing group/raid spots from my guildies that wanna play and gear up their alt mages. It's quite simple. No smoke and mirrors, no forum hopping to condemn a class on every website that eq2 peeps hang at. Your only testing my resolve. Perhaps I will go over to Eq2flames and comment about this. Thanks.
    But hey, if someone was trying to take a good thing away from me I would be mad too I suppose.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    Disagreeing doesn't make you a troll. The OP started talking about balance in portions of the game he has no experiance with. He got called on that. Perhaps not as civilly as it should have been done, but the arguments by most of us were based off his experiance vs his claims. So there you go.
    You got called out as a troll when you started talking about abilities whose balance you obviously don't understand. You got called out on your testing methods because they prove nothing. You got called a BG troll in particular becuase your pushing statements about BG balance when the vast majority of us have been talking about raid and group balance. Another reason could be the fact that you're calling for Nerfs to another class which usually looks pretty trollish as well. In general you're making statements that you have not backed up with any mechanics, any math and are completely contradictry to most posters experiances. Don't be suprised if there is a backlash.
    As for getting passed up for groups/raids: I would love to see which server you are on, what guilds you are talking about and what content they have killed. Your experiances are so far from the norm that one wonders when and where they are happening.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    If rangers are stealing spots from others in your raids, your other classes are not played by experienced players (put nicely).
  6. ARCHIVED-Dionysus2006 Guest

I'm really surprised to see anyone call for any kind of ranger nerf. MAYBE for PvP but I know more than a few top end raiding guilds that turn down ANY ranger app as a matter of course. For a guild that's really min/max'ing their raids and roster in general they are better off having a second class they already have, DPS or otherwise, than a ranger. This isn't accounting for player skill of course. Obviously a smart player playing a ranger is better than an assassin constantly triggering fail mechanics or dying non stop.

The difference between a ranger in PvP and PvE is night and day, and this game is about 90% PvE, so any kind of advantage in PvP shouldn't be lumped in with overall ranger performance imo.

BTW I don't play a ranger in any capacity I play a dirge on raids full time.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    I wouldn't because if you thought you got flamed on this board, you are going to get blown up over there.
    Yes you are entitled to your opinion. And, yes we are entitled to disagree. But when your opinion is based on unproven assertations and quite frankly coming from someone that has little presence on this board in the past, we are going to call you on it.
    Sorry that is just the way it is.
  8. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    Aha, ahahahaha, ahahahhhahaha!
    Oh wow, you're precious. Okay, mate, here's a handy tip from me to you, regarding PVP and Battlegrounds. Hop on your Test ranger. Examine Sniper shot. See that little PVP box up in the examine window. Click it. Well gosh. Notice how Sniper shot's damage suddenly got chopped to pieces? That's the PVP damage a ranger can do with that combat art. Once every ten minutes. Note the cast time was lowered this expansion, but it's still very long from a PVP perspective.
    To echo someone else (who you conveniently ignored), you do realize you are talking to a bunch of generally well geared, level 90 rangers...right? Why would I need to go beta buff a ranger to 90 and put on gear that's almost surely weaker than what I've already got?
    I mean, do you play any well geared character with remotely decent DPS capabilities at all? From your comments, it would sound like you're a mage, but my warlock with T8 raid castoffs can generally one and two shot solo mobs with ease too. I know our raid assassin one shots things. I can't imagine our swashy doesn't one shot solo mobs. Or our wizard. Or our brigand...or...really, what's your point? Just about any remotely DPS capable class with raid gear is going to one-shot solo mobs. They're wearing RAID GEAR. These are SOLO MOBS. Oh, and here's something to blow your mind: I can one-shot solo mobs without using Sniper Shot.
    I'd also love to know what reality you live in where rangers steal your friends' spots in raids and groups. If that actually happens, then your friends really really reeeeeally need to work on their ability to play the game. But then, I can see where I'd take a substandard performing class (a ranger, say) with a player who knew how to listen and play well over someone such as yourself who seems to be demonstrating a keen lack of understanding of game mechanics and reading comprehension.
    The reason you got labeled a troll is because this is what trolls do; they go into a place and state something crazy that they know will get forum regulars worked up over, solely for the reaction. Trolls are often easily spotted by their tendency to ignore any and all rational arguments to the contrary directed at them, in favor of either repeating themselves or jumping on the one person who does not respond rationally in an attempt to goad that person further.
    Kind've like you've been doing.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    Yes.

Although this is probably because you're both a newb and a troll.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

Sydares wrote:
    Because your account is one day older than mine? And how many posts do you have? Who's the troll?
    Anyway, you guys are like 10 year olds. So your right, I'm wrong. Rangers are underpowered and so are SK's. There... enjoy this thread.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    Actually, because you're a berserker and bawling about PvP balance. It's precious. Please continue, you're brightening my day.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dionysus2006 Guest

I love how you interpret not wanting to pummel SK's with a nerf bat as saying they aren't OP'd, and that anyone who could possibly disagree with you is wrong. If your not purposely trolling your a naturally occurring troll, which is much much worse imo. The reason WHY we know you are both A. Wrong B. Not well informed is because some of the rangers own CA's perform BETTER than Sniper Shot on parses, yet you are calling for a nerf on sniper shot, opposed to other skills that are just flat out better in every way. This coupled with the FACT that even with skills that do better than sniper shot, rangers can still get blown out of the water by sorcerers, assassins, and in some cases/fights conjurors and swashbucklers. These rangers have YEARS of data backing them up, you have some PUG raids and test characters.
  13. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    If you don't want to be thought of as a troll, I'd kindly suggest that you try to stop trolling. Please see my above post in regards to trollish behavior. Otherwise, have a great day.
  14. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    Well while your /trolling why dont YOU post your ACT findings and back up the claims your trying to make, and then test buff 1 of each DPS class's and post there ACT findings and you will find they all one shot solo mobs, in fact all the DPS class's can oneshot solo mobs in every tier the whole time they level up, so not sure of your point.
    Let me tell you what you will find to save your time.
    1. Melee auto attack will be ~20% higher for Melee class's with just a straight auto attack test, than Ranged Auto attack.Do about a 20 minute uninterupted ACT auto attack run.
    2. Swash, Assassin, Wizards, CAs will cast faster, hit harder are refresh sooner and there EXT DPS per CA, will be much higher.
    This has been posted and proven in SF Beta in a 1100 post Ranger Forum, but seeing your ignorance of the Ranger class you wouldnt know this. It would probably be in your best intrest to learn about a class before you attempt to bash it.
    Wizards, Warlocks, Swash and Assassins in equal gear will be up to double/triple DPS of a Ranger - proven on another forums parse threads, I highly suggest you go check your facts before you make yourself look ........well ....not very smart on the subject your trying to push.
  15. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Sydares wrote:
    Thank you Sydares for reminding me to laugh. With that point of view this thread goes from annoying to amusing. Thanks man.
  16. ARCHIVED-WingedWolf Guest

Venez@Permafrost wrote:
    Sometimes people forget players on PvP servers also PvE *sigh*. While my ranger isn't my main anymore and I play on Naggy I still want rangers fixed just as much as the next person. Going on about how PvP apparently nerfed rangers won't get them fixed any faster nor will it add anything if you deny someones opinion based on server preference. What makes PvPers not "real" rangers boggles me since its the same as PvE just with open world death and destruction ...
  17. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

ACT of rangers being OP or it never happened.

If you're gonna spout it, back it up with something besides "My biggest attack can one shot a solo triple arrow down mob."

Somehow, I doubt we'll see many posted parses, but that the trolling will continue.
  18. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I can't find the update notes in general that remove the ability to use ranged CA's on the move. PvP servers were introduced with GU 20 (with KoS of course) so if Wolfsight is right it would have been before that. Even if they did it before this I can't imagine why they would make it this way for PvE reasons only. If they indeed did it before it would have to have been in preperation for PvP servers.

What I did find though is clearly way back then they cared a lot more about class balance, GU notes were usually 1/3 or more class balancing, now you are lucky to find any. Not going to convince me its because balancing isn't as needed now as it was then. High amounts of class balancing is ALWAYS needed until its perfect. Not going to convince me its even close to perfect now either.
  19. ARCHIVED-WingedWolf Guest

Just went to try hunting through update notes but can't find it either. Although I am very sure I remember it changing back when I had a predator back on Splitpaw way back when. As for why it could of been nerfed other than the PvP angle ? Well rangers are good soloers if nothing else so my guess would be that. However this thread is about here and now, what we need now is some dev answers and love.
  20. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Indeed. Unfortunately anyone sticking around is going to continue to post unless some stuff gets fixed, and only because that's all we can really do at this point. We have proven repeatedly our DPS is sub par and provided many suggestions for fix's we would like. So at least I can draw comfort that the players have at least tried and its the developers that have COMPLETELY dropped the ball on this one. Rangers raid and group DPS sub par for a supposed T1 DPS class with little to no in demand utility. Increase it. Kthx.