Ranger Dps

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Panthalon, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Panthalon New Member

Since the Beginning of the Expa, I have noticed that the AE Dps or the Raid Dps are very modest compared to the other DDs. Only in the Heroics over short combat Phases when all damage Spells are up does high damage come about. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
  2. Smashey Well-Known Member

Rangers have had issues for a long time because of several things.

Ranger used to be 48-55% Auto attack and Poisions. It was the "Auto attack" predator while assassin had most of its damage come from combat arts. Ranger CAs still does not scale to make up for the loss despite many buffs.

I still think bow rating for ranger is too low. It was "fixed" a few patches ago, but its still too low.

The changes to makeshift arrow hurt the class and while finally making it group wide provides some utility, the proc rate change hurt the class individually.

FFU was so strong compared to Sniper Shot for several expansions(now nerfed) that hardly anyone played ranger and could submit proper feedback.

Overall the ranger class have been playable but not been top of the pop since at least 2013. Since 2015 ranger have been needing huge buffs, and while they got some tuning its never been enough to make them a true T1 unless you use some wacky raid setup where everyone else is dragged down too.

They can do their job, but its been almost a decade since they could do it the best,
    Ayodi likes this.
  3. Panthalon New Member

I could also observe that the Sniper Shot often fizzled out despite the damage Phase. It is also incomprehensible that the Debuff Poisons were updated in the course of the Expa's, but not the damage Poisons, which are still at Level 96.
    AOE1 likes this.
  4. Ahmassar Active Member

And now it's the other way around, Assassins are extremely nerfed. But it's obviously the way DGB works, they can't do balance.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've heard that rangers and other scouts actually get better DPS in some fights because somehow the combat mit thing is being bypassed by some of their attacks.

I'm personally appalled that player-crafted poisons haven't been updated in forever. I was kinda shocked when I started getting an occasional poison as a drop or maybe from the Overseers.
    Mercychalice, Twyla and Vlkodlak like this.
  6. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

What do you mean?! I love using my level 95 player crafted Poisons! I mean, is it really wrong that they were discovered in 2013... almost a DECADE ago.

Not seeing the predators bypassing the combat mit, in fact I still feel restricted on some encounters. But I do feel all pet classes, scout and mage are still partially bypassing the requirement.
  7. Tupperbeast Active Member

Ranger DPS is definitely lower compared to other scout classes in AOE, BL Swashy and Briga even Bards need significantly less effort to throw out higher numbers. Is more or less a Combat problem in the mechanic, and we still need for all classes a right Balance.