Ranger balance

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Janoomi, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Janoomi Member

@Caith: Can we please get some feedback on an ETA of when you and your team will do something to level the playing field regarding Rangers?. It would be awesome for some one to maybe get some feedback on proposed changes that are years behind in their inception. The purpose of getting feedback is to see what those that play the class think about the said class and what might help bring us in line with other T1'S. REACH OUT PLEASE WE WONT BE ABUSIVE.
    EmJay and Clintsat like this.
  2. Perfection New Member

Honestly rangers been complaining for years and nothing has been done so far. I don't think they will ever put the ranger where it should be which would be just slightly under a sin in power.
  3. Elkana Active Member

Measure that for me though... Exactly what is right under a sin? Which assassin will you use? Because the difference in assassin parses is as different at Ranger parses, coercer parses, zerker parses. I know all of them that smash the parse. Then again I know so many of all that are terrible and can't parse to save their lives. So how do you expect the Dev's to balance that? I honestly feel like an impossible task is being asked of them.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

Bord
    Teletrium likes this.
  5. Sinreaper New Member

The rangers need a boost for sure, but i dont belive that nerfing the assassin ability is the way , and "caith might need to look at mage and summoners dps before nerfing other classes
  6. Goezer Master of Crayons

Right because when a mage gets close to sins they need nerfed! Rangers do need attention, and before you shed a tear about sins, wait and see what actually has changed before you break out the pitch forks. Sins still top everyone, but everything is going to be buff dependant across the board.
    Melt, Bhayar and Teletrium like this.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

He gets tripled by the mages in his raid, not exactly a benchmark
  8. Goezer Master of Crayons

Ahh another I'm bad at my class, so it's everyone elses fault.
  9. RedBB Active Member

Honestly it is all about the buffs. Put a mage and a sin side by side with similar groups and they are neck and neck. The disparity begins when you start stacking an entire raids worth of buffs on one person and myth crits.
    I think many are completely missing the point here as neither mages nor sin need nerfed (AT ALL). What needs to happen is bring the other scouts in line with where current T1's are at. Rangers are underpowered, this is undisputed. Brig and swash, not entirely sure what these classes are at now since there are none left, which might be an indicator they need some serious reworking. Bards, well bards are awesome but dirge probably needs some reworking with the death of auto-attack in RoS.