Ranger Attack Key

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Kagara, Nov 15, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kagara Guest

Is there any chance we could get a "Ranger Attack" key, where you would hit it and it would start ranged attacks, and then when the creature got close enough you automatically switched to melee, then when you backed up again you switched to Archery?
  2. ARCHIVED-Wraithdrit Guest

<sarcasm> Would you like it to loot the mob and target the next one for you as well? </sarcasm off>

Seriously. Its part of playing the class. Already not having to switch weapons in inventory is a huge leap from many games where you have to hotkey your weapon swap. When I found that I could equip BOTH weapons at the same time I was OVERJOYED. I'm still trying to learn how to use many of the predator abilities, and seeing what can and can't work with the bow, but still, being able to have that option *is* nice.

As for it switching between attack types automatically, I would not hold my breath.
  3. ARCHIVED-ElendenAV Guest

4. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Vyspel, you just a dreamer! ;)

Yeah, that would be nice. But too easy! no fun!

Gilgalion
    Steamfont
  5. ARCHIVED-ElendenAV Guest

All you have to do is select the ranged button, then go to one of the melee attacks. I'm not sure why you'd want to do that, but if you want, go ahead.
  6. ARCHIVED-pseudocide Guest

back shot and open shot already put you on melee auto attack, so all you need to do is back out of combat and hit specials, i havent seen much reason to leave autoranged attack on yet, even for pulling.
  7. ARCHIVED-Squidwalker Guest

Ummm there are premade hotkeys for for both ranged combat and melel combat. If you hit K and go into your Knowledges you will see them both. I know when you start the game it loads Melee attack into your hotbar for you, but not ranged, so some people don't realize ranged attack is already there.
    Just drop them both into hotbar keys. When you want to start shooting at something press the ranged attack button, when it moves up to you, just press the melee attack key and you switch right away, going into melee combat.
    That's about as simple as it's going to get.
  8. ARCHIVED-pseudocide Guest

im sure he knows that, the point he was making was that he wanted 1 key that would automatically use ranged attack when out of melee range, and vice versa
  9. ARCHIVED-Kagara Guest

Right now I have three rows of buttons, I am trying to eliminate clutter, not add it.
  10. ARCHIVED-Leafblight Guest

the reason for auto range attack key is...bow kiting. try it :)
    Message Edited by Leafblight on 11-21-2004 05:42 AM