Ranged Autoattack vs Melee by Default?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Triscshadowreaver, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Triscshadowreaver Guest

Any movement on this? It was on test awhile ago.. then got removed for some reason...
    And was in the notes almost a year ago...

It seems like if you want to improve lag due to macro spam giving rangers the ability to check Ranged Autoattack by default would remove a billion or so /autoattack 2 commands being spammed lol ...
    Can we get this working?
  2. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Not sure why something like this hasn't been added. It's pretty basic as far as MMO's go now, and doesn't seem like it would be exceedingly difficult to implement. Maybe they have some fundamental gameplay design problem with it and just don't want to put it in.
  3. ARCHIVED-akaglty Guest

I've sent a PM to Rothgar about it twice now and he never answers me back about it. I'm guessing they're busy with next expansion but it still sucks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Triscshadowreaver Guest

Well... just seems like a simple enough idea that's long over due.
  5. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

As far as I know it was entirely functional when it was on Test last year, and slated to go out with that game update (Was it the Where is Lucan update? I don't remember). Then it was pulled at the last minute because non-rangers wanted the ability to toggle it on or off. We were given the impression it was mostly just a UI change to the options screen that was needed for this, and that it would be fixed shortly.
    Aaand...practically a year later, not a word. It seems really stupid that such a simple feature that would make a lot of people's lives easier (not just rangers!) is only being held up because someone doesn't want to go in and put a check box on the game options screen, but that was the reason that was given.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

kartikeya wrote:
    It was actually implemented as part of the SF beta, but Rothgar was not pleased with the interface for controlling it (and I seem to recall it having a few issues as well) so they yanked it back out with the promise the that they would revisit later. As far as I know it's never been heard of again from a Red Name and since the comments where it was discussed were on the Beta Boards it's impossible to point back to.
    Regardless, I'm sure it has been deemed low priority this last 9 months in the face of the Battle Grounds implementation issues, the post SF Launch excessive lag issues, the EQ2 Extended Launch and now the Server Merges and Velious Expansion work.