Randomize public quests

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wizzle, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

I am quite thankful that the PQ's are now being randomized...thank you for that. Dr. Arcana, however, seems to be suffering from some kind of Dementia or something, because yesterday, he hinted at Plane of Innovation PQ, but it turned out to be Ro, and now, for the current PQ, he hinted at Ro, but it is Disease...and is second time in a row for Disease tonight. :D
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Hey, at least he is trying to give information, even if its wrong. That's better than him using the Zombie Reaction table 1. Cold stare 2. Lifeless stare 3. Dead stare 4. Emotionless stare :p
    Merriel likes this.
  3. Chrol Developer

Do you recall around what time you spoke to him where he was wrong with the information? Curious if daylight savings is causing an issue.
  4. Spindle Well-Known Member

It could. Not every country uses DST. Heck, not every state or territory uses DST. Maybe use Universal time?
  5. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the method Chrol used does call a universal time function, but since that's all handled server side, he's probably going to need to do some testing to figure out exactly where the error occurred. Hence, any time info about the bug would be helpful to us. Also, is it still occurring on any servers? Any additional info we can get will help us track it down faster.
    Thanks!
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

Both incident's were for the PQ at approximately the same time each night, which yesterday, I had spoken to Dr. Arcana, then I entered the PQ when the portal popped up, and came here to post. According to the above post, I posted at 9:18 p.m. and I'm on EST time zone. I don't think the PQ's are spawning at exact intervals like they were before, because when they were, they were always at 5 p.m., and 8 p.m. EST at the times I could participate, so I'm not sure they were at exactly the same time both nights. The time I made the above post would indicate to me that they are not consistently spawning at the same times each day anymore, else that PQ was an hour late spawning...although, due to the server problems last night, that is a possibility as well.
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ok so went into Hate PQ at midnight EST tonight, after talking to Dr. Arcana, who did correctly announce the Hate PQ. My friend, and my two characters did not receive the reward for completing this PQ, however. Unsure as to why, as we did nothing differently than we have done in the past in this PQ.