Rampage = green ae = intended or broken? HUGE PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Apake, Mar 29, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Apake Guest

I've looked over a ton of parses from Palace of Rhoen Theer, Labs, and Vestigial Cella, set up sets of 4 dummies right next to each other, etc.
    Although the text in our Rampage skill says specifically in the description "Allows the berserker to attack all nearby enemies when a successful attack is made." and the actual hit says it "inflicts melee damage on targets in area".....
    In its current form, it is only effecting mobs that are linked in an encounter. I have many many parses showing this to be true, so unless im missing something or just completely not understand this skill, it is currently bugged.
    One super easy way to test this out, if you want to see for yourself, go into the Vestigial Cella....pull one of the first 2 names, with either 1 or 2 groups of the 4 little ball adds.
    If you use rampage, and target the balls while you hit it, it will trigger 56 times, if you target the named, it will trigger 14 times, if you target the named for a few hits with rampage, then the adds for a few hits, you can look through your ACT and see that the first few times, Rampage only hit 1 time, then when you switched, Rampage hit 4 times each trigger.

Now I really don't know if SoE is intending Rampage to be a blue AE or a green AE, but from the tooltip and the wording of the skill, I take it this is supposed to be a BLUE AE proc, and it is currently a GREEN AE proc.
    This really, really, really needs to be fixed considering it comes out being our highest damage behind auto attack for most fights, and should be hitting everything around us, like the skill says, not everything in target encounter like it is doing.
  2. ARCHIVED-altuslumen Guest

It has been an encounter proc for years, not sure about before EoF. If you attack a single mob encounter it procs once, if you attack a mob in an encounter with 5 mobs it procs on all five of those mobs. The description may be poor but I'm pretty sure it is working as intended.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

They forgot to change it with GU13, when DoF came out, because back in T5 it was blue AOE. Pretty ****ed up and overpowered AOE might i add. I still think it should be blue without target limit still.
  4. ARCHIVED-Apake Guest

Exactly, from the description and everything about the skill, it should be a blue AE without a target limit.
  5. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

This ability should be the bread and butter of the zerker class and the same for the outdated open wounds. It should be able to hit all mobs encounter linked or not.
    It is nerve racking when crusaders having more than six blue aoe abilities are not limited to any type of fight either encounter linked or not. Zerkers shouldn't be either. Zerkers without mythicals are no where near what non mythed crusaders are when speaking of aoe damage.