Rampage Delta

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe, Sep 16, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

Berserker changes:
    - Rampage no longer has an initial cost but now costs power for each triggered attack. It now attempts a standard melee attack each time it triggers for every target in the area instead of always guaranteeing damage.

Hrmm......
  2. ARCHIVED-MillsFairchild Guest

lol. First rampage is overpowered, then they nerf it to uselessness. Then it was just about perfect, and now they're nerfing it again?

Seriously... they need to figure out what they want from this spell.
  3. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

ok once more useless thanks. I was really disappointed when rampage became a 1hour recast months ago since i had my adp3 crafted the day before nerf. Now we have it once more on a 3 min timer but it was asking to much to have it stay like that now after 1 hours of testing the skill it became useless to not so so. from what i have tested the only 10 proc on the skill instead of the 36 seconds are still there so on a group encounter it will only proc 10 times on but 1 time per mob not one time per attack on the aoe like it was post revamp (still need mor test on that).
    The sad thing is that nothing we say will make SOE revert it to what it was on the day of DoF release.
  4. ARCHIVED-Chogar Guest

Do you actually believe Rampage was going to stay as it was? The amount of damage that skill could do was brutal. After using it non-stop on group encounters I knew the skill was going to be adjusted. I am sad to see it adjusted, but at least they did not fix it by increasing the timer.
  5. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

IMHO, it is still does impressive damage after this change. It also seems to trigger the other procs (infuriate, war chant, offensive stance, etc). Oddly, I think I may have seen it trigger itself. That, or the offensive stance triggered, which in turn triggered rampage again.

EDIT: I'm going to guess that not only can it be blocked or parried (or even miss), but possibly even riposted (in which case it could be suicide). I haven't noticed ths yet though.
    Message Edited by uux on 09-16-2005 04:40 PM
  6. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Very correct you are sir.
    Ive been parsing it all day along with DW + 2 hand set ups trying to see what ripostes more.
    With Rampage ive landed as little as 3 of the 10 procs, also i have noticed its been doing 11 procs in some cases also. Its been getting Blocked, Parried, Dodged and i have had Ripostes from it.
    The difference between DW ripostes and 2 hand ripostes is even, there is aboustely no difference, call me crazy, but before you do, download a parser and parse it with ripostes in mind, set it to display on clipboard and then recheck it in the database, there is no difference from 2 hand to DW, when i say difference i mean when you are using a 2 hand wep, you might get 1 riposte, or maybe 2, all depending how long the encounter is, but you will get the exact same with DW set up.
    I ran the tests in Sinking sands on the lvl 49 ^^ named mobs that pop up on the high way, and with DW pristine imbued cedar batons i have even had 0 - 2 ripostes, we duoed the mobs with myself, lvl 50 berserker not fully ebon and no masters I's or Fabled gear with a lvl 50 Templar no ebon, no Master I's. I had the same amount of ripostes with Heiro Crook 0 - 2 ripostes, and these fighters werent no 30 second fight, they lasted almost 3 mins, almost enough time to let me fire Rampage again, but never got the chance, killed them with about 20 seconds left each time.
    Also id like to point out that i have noticed primary weapon when Dual Weilding now does more then your offhand, its almost double the damage. My primary when DWing does around 90 - 100 dmg per hit while offhand is coming in at 50 - 60 dmg per hit. My guess here is there doing the same thing they did with EQlive and later on down the track you will be able to increase the dmg of your off hand by purchasing AA.
    Rampage is still pretty good though, ive no complaints about it, still works fine for me except the rare occasion where only 3 of the 10 land. In reguards to getting 11 procs lately, they may have bumped it up to 11 for the simple fact that now it can be blocked, dodged, parried and ripostes now, or could be a bug.
  7. ARCHIVED-z2xm Guest

I too have noticed the primary hitting more, I DW cedar crudgels and the primary is consistintly higher. I have not had a chance to see if the old EQ1 DW rules about delay have come back though. Anyone seen any evidance of this?

And while I figured it would get changed it is really pretty stupid, how long was this skill tested in that form on beta with no changes? Its not like the beta zerkers were not using it, and we had some excellent testers. If it was a problem it should have been taken care of a long time ago. Also I can't really see this as a problem anyway. I was duoing with a necro for a long time and then we added a mystic, and in each situation every group we encountered went down so fast that even on the occasions when rampage was up it would never get in its full number of hits because stuff just died so fasat. And yes, I used rampage before the fight, and pulled with stunning roar and then followed with either our aoe or as many insta casts as I could, no matter what I would rarely get all the procs in on yellow arrow down encounters of 3-4. So really I think that rampage is not nearly as much of an overbalanced skill currently as some other aspects are. I think that in general alot of outstanding work has been done on the changes, but some really blatent and obvious things got missed, which confuses me. Oh well!

Jinos
    L'DL
  8. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Rampage is still great, the power cost is well worth it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Fundinn Guest

If Khalad says it, then it must be true! =)
  10. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Aye its still well worth it, it only uses like half a bubble of power ( 10% ) from all 10 procs for over 1k dmg.
  11. ARCHIVED-MillsFairchild Guest

Yeah, Rampage is still awesome. :)

Looking at log parses from the last few days of playing, Rampage was attempting to hit anywhere from 27 - 44 times before dropping out against groups of 3 mobs. While it did miss sometimes (ex: 16 miss out of 44 attempts) it was still doing rediculous damage.

Against 3 level 54 guards in Maj'Dul, Rampage (Adept I) was putting out 4,000 - 5,000 damage in about 5 seconds. Yowsa!
  12. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

It sounds to me you are looking at your overall Rampage dmg and hits etc, because i check mine after every fight when i reset the parser for next encounter and i cant break 11 attempts, and no way has my Rampage ever done 4 - 5k damage, hell i cant even get it over 1600 damage.

Like i said earlier, ive even had alot of 11 attmpets and only 3 Rampaging Blows land, from you make it sound like its doing is it keeps on firing over and over and over till the duration runs out or procs a full 10 procs, which trust me, it doesnt do that.
  13. ARCHIVED-MillsFairchild Guest

Well, here's my log from the first 6 seconds of one fight...

44 attempts
    28 landed
    16 missed
    4,662 damage total

[Sun Sep 18 15:28:05 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin jailor for 216 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:05 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin guard with Rampaging Blow, but miss.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:05 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 207 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:05 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin guard with Rampaging Blow, but miss.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:05 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin jailor with Rampaging Blow, but miss.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:05 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 123 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:05 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin guard with Rampaging Blow, but a Coin guard ripostes.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:05 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 102 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:05 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin jailor for 184 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:05 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 213 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:05 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 225 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:05 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 169 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin jailor for 183 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 89 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 223 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 98 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin jailor with Rampaging Blow, but miss.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin guard with Rampaging Blow, but miss.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 237 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin guard with Rampaging Blow, but a Coin guard parries.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin jailor with Rampaging Blow, but miss.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 84 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin guard with Rampaging Blow, but miss.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 115 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin jailor with Rampaging Blow, but a Coin jailor parries.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 206 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:06 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 225 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:10 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin jailor for 88 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:10 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 181 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:10 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 140 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:10 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 94 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:11 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin jailor for 101 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:11 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 249 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:11 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin guard with Rampaging Blow, but miss.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:11 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin guard with Rampaging Blow, but miss.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:11 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin jailor with Rampaging Blow, but miss.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:11 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 232 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:11 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 157 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:11 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 154 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:11 2005] YOU try to slash a Coin jailor with Rampaging Blow, but miss.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:11 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 131 points of slashing damage.
    [Sun Sep 18 15:28:11 2005] YOUR Rampaging Blow hits a Coin guard for 236 points of slashing damage.

NOTE: I edited out all the crap that wasn't "Rampaging Blows"

Message Edited by MillsFairchild on 09-19-2005 01:42 PM
  14. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Not sure why, back i cant make it do that, strange.
  15. ARCHIVED-MillsFairchild Guest

I should have mentioned:

In that log, Rampage did proc 11 times, but it was against a group of 4 mobs. Hence, the 44 attempts. The rest of my log makes that clear.

Against a single mob, it will still proc 11 times... but each proc will only be damaging that one opponent.
  16. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Realistically though you arent doing 4-5k dmg from Rampage to a single mob, so for instance a lvl 54 ^^^ with no adds, on a group of 4 mobs if you do 4k dmg that works out to be 1k dmg per mob, same as you would do on a single ^^^ mob.
    Thats how it is made, which is the reason they made Rampage a melee attack which has the chance to be Dodged, Blocked and Parried plus cost power ever proc now.
  17. ARCHIVED-MillsFairchild Guest

Oh, I fully realize that. All I'm saying is that 4,500 damage from one CA is still 4,500 damage... even if it's spread out over an encounter.
  18. ARCHIVED-Sabin the Great Guest

Going to throw this in here. If anyone thinks that rampage is useless now just send me a PM or a tell in game. I'll give you a link to some new parses I have where I was in a group doing level 58 linked raptors (4x no up raptors) at level 51 and I was tanking. After that you will probably figure out that the issue isn't rampage being busted, its more of a "user error."
  19. ARCHIVED-Roknor Guest

Rampage being useless, is that a joke? Because it is not a good one.
    Every 3 minutes, we have the ability to pretty much solo level 58 cyclop group encounters and such. Its basically a bonus dps skill that you can use at will when you have the 10-15% power to blow on it. It is not meant to kill the current ^^^'s it is meant to demolish the double down to ^^'s that are attached to the tripple ups. Saves a lot of time and you should go test it out again and watch it just rock mobs.
    I am not being disrespectful, I can just can not even see where that is comming from.
    Feel free to send me a tell @ /tell Guk.Roknor if you want to talk about it.
  20. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

Heh get flamed for ONE WORD. Man sometimes these boards are cesspool