Fixed Internally Rallic Pack is unavailable

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Wulfen, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Wulfen Active Member

I'm asking for more eyes to look at what Skrit is offering on Tuesday. Thank you Rosyposy for responding to my previous post about the Rallic Pack, but I must insist. Some of us in game need the Rallic Pack, it will be our first "Big Bag". For those of you who have fondly put yours away and forgotten... the grimling runner in the Tranquil Sea still makes his rounds, with his little backpack full of goodies and a vital recipe we need, if only Skrit will give us the tinkered snare. Skrit only gives us the snare and the quest on Tuesdays. For a month now, Skrit gives another quest on Tuesdays. How can this game consider itself "Everquest" if it prematurely lops off a quest as fervently wished for as this Big Bag?
  2. Ephras Active Member

I don't remember about "tinkered snare vs snare" but I remember doing this quest many times before I got the rallic pack pattern. Not sure if this is the answer you're looking for but you have to "right-click" on the grimling runner's corpse to get the option to select the pattern. You can also delete and reacquire the quest. Take a look at Wiki's information:

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Grim_Running
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Skaw New Member

Just a thought, have you tried on other days in case it is just out of sync? There are 7 daily quests, that used to be given out in the same order hence predictable days. The wiki lists them all. If skrit gives a different quest next Tuesday, look at the order and see if there might be another day to try. Or try every day.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Order was:
    - Monday: Sour Tooth
    - Tuesday: Grim Running
    - Wednesday: Legendary Pepper
    - Thursday: Salve Supplies
    - Friday: Small Arms for Small Arms
    - Saturday: Fruitful Foraging
    - Sunday: Sampling the danger

We are Sunday and I am offered Sampling the danger, which is the right quest for the day.

Remember on Grim Running, as said above, when you click the Grimling, you have to check if you got the Rallic Pack pattern on top of the quest update. If you didn't, delete the quest, run to grimling again, right click again and rinse-repeat until you get it.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

I just ran through a few of these. Several toons on Halls of Fate all got Grim Running. Likewise on Test. Moved to Thurgadin and got Legendary Pepper instead. Yes Europe is ahead - but not THAT far ahead! Quests should switch over at 8am tomorrow as far as I know. It is definitely still Tuesday here currently, :)
  6. Wulfen Active Member

We, that is, all the toons on my account, are not confused or unsure what to do with the grimling runner. We are fully satisfied that we need the tinkered snare, given by Skrit along with Skrit's quest, and that, furthermore, we know what to do if the backpack holds our Rallic Pack recipe, or if it does not. So there should be no time wasted explaining how to do it. We have just one more alt on the account who looks forward to the excitement and success. We do check with Skrit periodically (have seen no "Grim Runner" quest). Furthermore, we are not the only account on Maj'Dul server with the problem.. there is at least one other stymied, and we have been in contact with each other with identical testimony. Today is Tuesday.... I'll go see Skrit yet another time. Lately it's been "Small Arms for Small Arms".
    I'm so looking forward to the savage thrill of my level 5 high elf templar meeting up with the Grim Runner on the bridge and bringing him down cleanly before he drops me cold on the dirt path of Refuge. How often I have practiced this feat, over and over. Even my four-legged Lion succeeded, eventually.
    Lateana, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Go see Skrit and if she doesn't give you the right quest, delete it, camp in front of her and try again tomorrow. Do this for a week, take notes and post the results here.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Whilhelmina like this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Checked for Tkia who pinged me and I also got Grim Running on Test and Legendary Pepper on Thurgadin (and midnight is in 30 minutes [and it should only roll tomorrow at 9am]).
    So Test is working as intended.
    Thurgadin is one day ahead and Grim Running hits on monday there.

Just check the quest you got today, check in with the list I posted above and calculate your day for Grim Running that way.
    If you have "Small Arms for Small Arms" on Tuesday, you should get "Grim Running" on Saturday.

The quests are rotating just fine (at least on Test, I left my char camped in front of the NPC on Thurg to see if it does rotate tomorrow), so it's just a matter of figuring your offset it seems.
    Cyrrena and Tkia like this.
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

on AB yesterday I was offered Salve Supplies.
    Today (again on AB) I'm being offered Legendary Pepper.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Wow... moving backwards.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

Checked today and Halls of Fate and Test both have Legendary Pepper. Thurgadin also has Legendary Pepper - again! Something is very wacky in some places.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I ran legendary paper yesterday and today on Thurgadin and will check tomorrow if it's still stuck on Legendary Pepper.
    Put my alchemist in front of NPC on Test. It's Legendary Pepper today, as should be, and it was Grim Running yesterday and Sampling the Danger Sunday (test build: 15342T)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

So today we have Salve Supplies on Halls of Fate, Test AND Thurgadin! so either Thurg got reset or is only out of sync on Tuesdays, We'll see ...
    Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

Friday: Small Arms for Small Arms on Halls of Fate, Test and Thurgadin.
    Whilhelmina, Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

Saturday: Fruitful Foraging on all 3 servers.
    Whilhelmina and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Kaylabear New Member

I too (more specifically my toon Olliver) have been unable to get The Grimling Runner quest... have logged in and checked Srits daily ts quests for past 2 months but this quest has not been offered on any day- other quests have been offered on Tuesdays instead. I don't currently have the quest nor do I have the recipe. Really want the quest to be offered to me again!
  17. Kaylabear New Member

This would be a solve except I cant get Skrit to even Offer the Grimling Runner quest anymore- and I have checked every day for over 2 months. Other quests are being offered but not that one.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

Sunday: Sampling the Danger all 3 servers.
  19. Tkia Well-Known Member

Monday: Sour Tooth on Halls of Fate, Test and Thurgadin.

People, this is a bug report thread. If the devs are going to get to the bottom of the problem they need details to work with. If you are actively checking please post which quest you are getting on which day on which server so they can look for a pattern.

Cyrrena, if you're going to like every post in the thread might I suggest that you also include the ORIGINAL post since this is the only one that actually matters for upvoting it for dev attention. And everyone else should do the same to get the devs to prioritise the problem.
    Whilhelmina and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Observing Active Member

Maybe things are getting screwed up when they do the weekly bounce
    Rosyposy likes this.