Raids and spell lag

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Drumstixx, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well, that i´m at work, i can´t check if it´s lag in game, but forums performe well to me, one click 1-2-3 next thread or even faster then this.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It was not very beautiful for me yesterday in pow. Fps during the fight now drop to 6-7. Normally it's around 20-25 in instances. I can see how they change. On zoning fps would show around 40, when i am in a zone it's 20 then with fight it gets bad. It has nothing to do with my comp performance. It was not that bad just last Sunday before tues patch. It drives me insane. Few secs delay on each spell and it's when i have to power feed a main tank during berik or tagrin fight. It's just not very happy time...
  3. Jrel Well-Known Member

Well... the MA proc fix didn't affect our raid lag. We still had raid lag last night on Butcherblock in AoA, ST Unearthed, and PoW (where I usually have ZERO lag while everyone else is lagging). Furthermore, each of my primals lag for an extra 1-2 CAs behind my normal CAs (with 0.25 casting speed and 0.25 recovery), but I have bugged this a few times already. I recorded videos for proof of all our raid and my primal lag. FWITW, I don't have FPS issues, but that's due to me setting my graphics to average with low textures, particle effects, etc.
  4. SentinelBasch Active Member

It's the same for me - I didn't start having these issues until yesterday, after the patch. Yesterday, however, the lag was minor and bearable, not like today. I pinged the forums here twice about a minute or two apart, and here's what came up:

[IMG]

Both requests timed out at some point. What should I do to fix this? It took me at least 10 minutes to log on to the forum, get to this thread, and insert the image.

EDIT: And now, browsing speed on the forums is back to normal, for now at least. Any advice on how to lower the in-game lag?
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I would try tracert the same as you have pinged, that would show where the hole can be.
  6. SentinelBasch Active Member

Here is the result of the tracert, but I have no idea how to read it. Maybe someone could advise:

[IMG]

Thanks.
  7. Eileithia Active Member

Looks like you're getting killed in Vegas.
  8. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I know of numerous people who have been experiencing issues with that te2-6.las-core2-1.switchnap.com server, for weeks now.

Anyone who routes through that pile of troublesome hop, will be on the receiving end of random, sporadic lag.

I am curious as to if it is an SOE owned piece of hardware, or back down the line somewhere?
  9. Primaeval Active Member

The issue, I believe, while exacerbated by the COE incremental abilities, is more insidious. The change yesterday had minimal impact and frankly, I think that the servers coming down and back-up (independent of any changes) makes as much different on performance as any change implemented yesterday. I suspect that by Sunday or Monday, this thread will have several additional comments whose central theme is "You didn't fix the issue. Please look at this in significantly greater depth"
  10. SentinelBasch Active Member

Well, I guess all I can do for now is hope the devs put something out there to at least make the lag bearable.

I'm going to log back in to the game and see if it's any better on that end.
  11. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

maybe an in game drug will be introduced for station cash to make that happen.
  12. SentinelBasch Active Member

Well, I logged back in and I've been playing for about 20-25 minutes now, and there has been no lag at all, in combat or out of combat. We'll see how long it lasts.
  13. Davngr Well-Known Member

that would be awesome!
    make it so you're super powerful when you first start taking the drug and then little by little it loses it's effectiveness and pretty soon you just need the drug to be able to do anything in game.

make it so players can "slang" said drugs to the chicken head raiders mostly to bards, chanters and has been T1 dps trying to have one more 3 mill parse before they are retired to the local raid alliance!

edit. this keeps getting better and better!

because the guild would then have to use SLR plats to buy drugs for their junky bards and chanters lol that's so awesome.. SOE needs to implement this amazing dynamic!
  14. Davngr Well-Known Member

i had problems with soe forums before as well. switched to chrome and this forum works like magic now. of course other sites don't work as well as they did with mox so i just keep them all on tabs and use the one that works best for me.
  15. Zoltaroth Developer

Thanks for the detailed info. We are going to have our network engineers take a look at this. That hardware definitely is not SOE hardware but it may be something in our data center.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Well, that is a Dev face I have not seen before. Thank you for responding to this quite critical issue. May your network boys find the issue. As I can read form these I believe other players suspicions are correct that somewhere in the pipeline is a bad-connection or router that is causing small drops between SOE's Servers and Clients.
  17. Gosh Member

every 2nd time i zone into PoW i experience a lag. Sometimes it is so bad that the hotbar buttons dont work / or 2 effects shot at the same time.
    What helps for me is: relog in PoW and dont re-zone. PoW is then still worse than other zones, but its playable.
    Can anyone confirm that relogging can help a lot?
  18. SentinelBasch Active Member

Thank you for responding to this, I appreciate it.

I do use Chrome for some things, but still use Firefox primarily. I tried browsing here in Chrome though, and it is faster and seems to be more stable, too. Firefox used to be pretty much the best, but I guess Google has outdone it.

Also, for the record, I've been playing quite a bit more since my last post, and still have experienced no more lag. The game runs like a charm. I'm really glad I didn't start playing EQ2 yesterday when it was lagging that bad, or otherwise I might not have stuck around, and that would have been a shame - it really is a great game. :)
  19. Jrel Well-Known Member

Suffered my worst raid lag last night on Butcherblock; this time in PoW where it's usually my least laggy zone. Having to click a primal ability 2-3x each to get it to fire is ridiculous. That is 15 clicks, on average, to get 6 abilities to fire, every 36 seconds.
  20. Drumstixx Active Member

Honestly, I suggest to most people to give up being a "clicker".

Using the keyboard you hardly ever get a failed cast attempt. The problem is lag will cause delays, and also target changes during lag cause queue's to fail.

Even without being a mouse clicker, the spell lag is terrible most of the time.