Raiding after the changes is just... demoralizing

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Menludiir, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Menludiir New Member

Here's a little snippet of what i'm talking about:
    [IMG]

Fight started at 19:46:40 -Tank (red) - Warden(green), Templar (me) and Defiler (blue) wards all taken down in the first 2 seconds, then Di'Zok hits for 31k which is more hp than the tank now has, so no reactives or HoT's take affect. We saw this and left the zone - whats the point? To 'learn' a strat you have to be able to have the fight last a bit longer than 13 seconds (how long it took to finish the rest of the raid after one-shotting the MT group)

similar story in thuuga - we were excited to try it since we collectively chose not to exploit the 'zoning' bug and instead do it properly, but when we started we realized that while the sacks had indeed lost some hp, we'd also lost ~15% of our dps putting us in the same situation as we were before (in fact worse as the hp drop was not proportional to the dps loss)! Why it was deemed a good idea to make these 2 changes at the same time is beyond me.

This coupled with the T1 raid gear being worse than instanced gear makes running PR/Pawbuster to 'gear up' kinda pointless - I really wish this wasn't the case :(.

As a short term fix so people can at least raid again (even if it means people can exploit the collection items), perhaps reverse the itemization until more thought is put into it.
    Sixgauge and Kittik like this.
  2. Venser Active Member

15% dps loss sounds like wayyyyy too much. It sucks regearing, but essentially mages didn't lose anything aside from Necro. Scouts can regear and lose 2k dps? maybe max? I know that talking with a few people pulling OK and other mobs they have a main assist killing adds and the MA is on the adds the entire time. That makes me believe that the named isn't staying fully debuffed so you are getting rocked because of time between debuffs. Even if debuffs are missed for 3 seconds it can cost you.

What is your Raid wide DPS on Thuuga?

I wanted to add -- so your tank goes into the fight with nothing to keep himself alive, is what I am seeing. If you gave up in 13 seconds then that's the cost of not being competent in the class you play. May be time to talk with the tank.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

Looking at the 2 Guardians in your guild, both have made poor gearing decisions so far and have about 7-8k less HP than they could with just different quest / dungeon gear.

Looking at the snip of combat, looks like the MT didn't pull with temps up, nor was a death save used on him.

Not here to criticize, but if you give up after a 13 second fight. You aren't the type of players content should be tuned around.
    Anib likes this.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Sounds like step 1 of learning the strat should be to figure out how to deal with Overking's Inferno.
  5. Okanagan Member

The first 13s of a fight the mob is likely not properly debuffed. Your tank should be pulling with a temp (Tower of Stone etc...) to provide your raid time to get their debuffs in, no Guardian on any fight should be dieing on pull unless they are not pressing their buttons.
  6. GhostofRivervale New Member

Warden(green), Templar (me) and Defiler (blue) wards all taken down in the first 2 seconds,
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Bladedance
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Tortoise_Shell_(Spell)

Tank (red)then Di'Zok hits for 31k which is more hp than the tank now has, so no reactives or HoT's take affect.
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Tower_of_Stone
  7. Kittik Well-Known Member

I'm not going to "educate" you in the semantics of your fight or pull, like everyone else here seems to be doing, but your troubles and struggles sounds quite a lot like our guild.
  8. Venser Active Member

Yes because we are very wrong and unsuccessful in what we do.
  9. Atanxx New Member

So, I have a few things to say about the OP and this issue.

1) Their tank is wearing what WAS ok gear before this itemization broke everything.
    2) Getting hit with 31k Inferno is a combination of not getting debuffs in, not temping, and probably not wearing resists adorns.
    3) Its down right ******** to go tank OK right now you need to go farm garbage treasured gear to get enough HP to go do raid zones that will give you no rewards.

Yes, the OP's guild could do alot to get better, but it doesn't make up for what a complete failure itemization is right now.
  10. strabs New Member

The great nerfing has not hit reformed any thing like the other guilds they got there weapons before we all got nerfed so it helps them kill all the tire 1-3 content very easy
    Im hoping daybreak gives us all another month off rok.
  11. Venser Active Member

Yes, mythical weapons make or break content. We cleared wing 3 post changes. The only thing most people's myths are providing is a little more outgoing dmg. Id be very interested to hear how myths make content magically killable. Im not saying myths make it better,more dmg is great, but not close to make or break
  12. strabs New Member

Raid wipe pom and cob only does a little bit more outgoing damage.
    my zerker weapon give me a 100% aoe auto thats not a little bit more thats a boat load on the right mobs and lets not look at the assin weapon and healers weapons.
    I would say that your dps/ heals of your raid force is more than double that off any mid tire raid force.
    And why is it that the only people that think this change is good are all in reformed.
  13. Menludiir New Member

I kinda expected a few of the responses I guess, and I'm certainly not suggesting we can't improve nor are we willing to spend time wiping over and over again (and frequently do). Picking apart the snippet I gave wasn't really the intention of the post but I should have expected it, of course there are improvements for that one pull, hindsight being 20/20 and all. I was trying to engage in some reasoned discussion on what can be done based on what has been seen. In the end my experience is anecdotal - perhaps it isn't as bad as it seems on first glance. I'm glad that some can clear the content well enough but of the ~30ish raid forces out there how many feel they can reasonably progress given the lack of gear in T1? Is it ok that 4 or 5 guilds are clearing T1/T2 and the others 'just aren't good enough`? Or should a balance be struck?
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

You posted the snippet to show what you saw as a problem with gear / tuning. The problem was with how the players performed.

But don't worry, more nerfs are coming.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/kaladim-raid-adjustments.595391/
  15. Lala Croft New Member

Yes
  16. Kittik Well-Known Member

I wouldn't care at all that my guild can't kill Overking yet, IF we could go back into T1 and gear up just a little bit more. But we can't. Nothing comes out of those zones that anyone in my guild wanted.

If we cleared T1, got some gear, tried T2 wiped and then decided "Ok, back to T1 to gear up a bit more." Then try T2 again and wiped again, I wouldn't care. We'd do T1 again, get more gear until we're at a point where we can survive T2. But that doesn't happen and thats what is so sh*tty about this.
  17. Venser Active Member

This is how Stormhold server was, all upgrades were in like sebilis and instances. So you just, for now afaik, need to get the proper upgrades to kill t2 and so on since t1 will not have the desired gear.
  18. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Agreed the nerfs are awful, there is zero tank gear outside of solo content or VP, and thus zero reason to log in and play the game. They consistently make the game worse and worse with every update. At least on TLE anyway. I've never played a game that can be so demoralizing.
    Kittik likes this.