Raid Zones in ROS DPS Checks

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Apau, May 19, 2021.

1. Apau New Member

why is the very first raid zone mob in ROS a dps check? with a timer? in BOL the first 3 mobs were not, then the 4th was giving smaller guilds a chance to raid the first few names to build up to the DPS check, now its is right out of the gates. this is killing any chance smaller guilds had to raid i dont mind them, but every mob having to be a DPS check?
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

...... it's..... possible....?... to fail to kill that mob?
  3. Boann New Member

Is it possible...... ? ..... For you NOT to be a rude, donkey butt???? Possibly have helpful information instead?? Hmmm, puzzler.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Well, first time our alt pickup raid attempted it, we killed it. My assassin was the only half-well geared dps class who made the resolve check. I think we had one tank who made the resolve check and mostly healers, 12 players participating total. So my sad little rat that I wasn't great at playing, basically solo'd it, from a DPS perspective.
    Hence why I'm puzzled that a full raid could fail this mob.
  5. Boann New Member

Oh, well there you go. It wasn't a full raid. That is what he was saying. In BOL, small guilds that couldn't run a full raid, were able to take the first 3 mobs in a raid zone without a DPS check. It may have taken an hour to kill, but it was killed eventually. Which in turn helped gear the groups out, so they could take the last named ( which was a dps check). Them having a DPS check now, on the first named, makes it difficult for small guilds to kill. Hence, rendering the group from progressing. It just stinks :(.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Maybe when we did it there wasn't a DPS check? Dunno. We definitely sucked, had only a handful of players, most of whom had low resolve, still did it. Maybe they changed it?