Raid-Zone DPS parse by class

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Sevman, Feb 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Burnout Guest

the one and only thing that's wrong in the sorc / pet class issue is the dmg amount the pets are dealing.

simple solution - nerf that dmg - or even better: increase ours.

everything else is fine.
  2. ARCHIVED-Vilnus Guest

Hey NEWSFLASH!!! DAMAGE OVERTIME = DOTS - now it might not be much but its still damage over time. please dont argue this point again - you sound silly :)

Hey newsflash! It's the same [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] thing as the bolt line! Just a different flavor! It does the same damage, same recast time and everything! I'm pretty sure any necro reading this thread and is thinking: "Death rot a DoT? Man, that guys an idiot!" It's a fast damage spell that lasts for 4, count them 4 seconds. How is it over time when you have to cast it as soon as it's up again? The purpose of DoT spells is so you can be hitting more than one mob at a time, which obviously doesn't happen with this spell.

My warlock is level 30, so I have 10 levels over your necro. Which means I have 50% more of a right to talk about it than you do. You obviously don't even HAVE the snare line, because you would NEVER use it in place of a root. Also your stun spell (the freeze line) does damage, and has a faster cast time than our stun spell, which does NO damage. I would rather have that than a stupid snare that does 120 damage tops before it kills itself. How much use are you going to get out of it on the 1 Million hitpoint mobs?

And one major problem I have with you "high-end" raider warlocks: stop bringing in crap spells that help in normal grouping. If you are talking about raids, DON'T BRING THAT CRAP UP. It just makes your arguments look weak, since you're throwing everything you possibly can. Make a seperate thread on it if you want to.

And yes, the heal can be nice. Too bad it takes a huge chunk of our health. Luckily mages seem to have that in large supply and don't rarely lose any, so that's perfect. And the power regen comes at a cost. You HAVE to keep casting in combat, or you die. It's a tradeoff, and doesn't do anything for anyone else. Except that you haven't even reached 50 to use it, so you wouldn't know.
  3. ARCHIVED-Scyros Guest

I almost forgot. If we are talking about raiding utility here then you forgot to mention warlocks power transfer. I'm sure it's because you don't want people to think you do anything useful so they can feel sorrry for you. And if your reply is going to be "well that spell sucks so I dont use it". I thought your "high end raiding" with mobs with 1 mil HP needed all the power they can get. Tell you what, I will trade you our snare for your power transfer.

You see this has to be one of the most important job of a warlock on raids. Feed healer power while the necro's yeah him. But he probably deasn't do this, as it would require him to work as a team with a necro.

You also didn't mention your reactives I don't think. the spells that you cast on someone and when they get hit the mob takes dmg. There is another one you put in the mob, and when it is hit it take more dmg. And lets not forget you can also power tap the mobs to replenish your power.
  4. ARCHIVED-Geoff77 Guest

what was the argument again? I can't seem to make out any of the gibberish over the last two pages. If the argument is that summoners are doing more damage than intended, and not falling into T2, then I wouldn't sweat it. They's the second most broke class after rangers. Rangers are getting attention now, and look like they're heading in hte right direction. Summoners will undoubtedly be next.
    Message Edited by Geoff77 on 02-20-200612:32 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Vilnus Guest

The discussion was warlocks make too big a deal of summoners "utility". They gripe that we have so much, without listing all of theirs, to make their arguments look more concrete. And they start off arguments talking about raid utility and end up listing abilities that are only useful for grouping. (ie pathfinding) I'd just like to see more logic used, rather than stating you want more utility in one area, then listing skills that have nothing to do with that one area. I hate this grass is greener mentality.
    And FYI summoners did get nerfed. The pets lost a significant amount of hp's, and 3 of their DoT's are now killable by AoE's.
    In short, if you don't play the other class, don't give out opinions as to why or how they should be nerfed. More people should wrok on getting their class "fixed". Just remember, you guys pull too far ahead, and you're next.
  6. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

Took the words out of my mouth.

Honestly. WTH are you two babbling about? =P Stop seeing who can piss farther and just enjoy your class(es).
  7. ARCHIVED-Sevman Guest

Here is the argument that cause so much confusion in this post: Rangers were overpowered and got NERFED and now I am simply stating that the ONLY other class I have any issues with is Conjurors/Necros.
    Why? Because they are supposed to be TIER 3/TIER 2 DPS at best and they are Tier1. They can easily beat warlocks on Single-targets which I dont think is working as intended and they do decent AE damage as well. If it wasn't that bad that we have to share a DPS tier with them - its worse because they have a lot of useful utilities and buffs which warlocks dont have.
    Why nerf? Because increasing warlock cast times or dps will get us killed even more. We can do more dmg but will die so fast.
    Do i expect perfect balance with all the classes? NO
    Do I expect a class (like the ranger) that is performing out of its league to be nerfed some? YES. Devs have known about rangers elite dps for too long and it was too unbalanced.
    I am happy playing my class? Of course, but I hate trying to bust my a55 on raids (usuaully killing myself a lot to increase my DPS) to justify my existence on raids. Now, let me repeat - overall - I dont get beat by summoners on DPS over the course of a raid. But single mobs, yes. And sometimes its close over the course of the raid but it shouldn't be. A raid leader needs to weigh each person on the raid for his/her effectiveness. Most raid mobs are single-target and warlocks have to risk life to get in line DPS-wise behind rangers, brigands, assassins, wizards, and conjurors and necros. The DEVS never intended for Warlocks to be 7th in single-target DPS.
    Do I play other classes? yes. over 2 accounts - i have 8 toons (including necro and conjuror) over level 25 - so I know a little - if not a lot- about many classes.
    If you want to debate with me in the forums over this - go right ahead - no one else has brought anything substantive to this argument anyways.
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know. Thanks and have a great day.

Message Edited by Sevman on 02-21-200609:39 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-TangBaBa Guest

Sorry- a bit off topic- but I had to say it- a Warlock Provisioner? Eeech- that's a scary thought- food made by someone who deals greatly with poison spells...