Raid-Zone DPS parse by class

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Sevman, Feb 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-zitha Guest

ROFLMAO
    thats like a ranger telling me he can constantly come out #1 DPS in AE situation... even against warlock (unless Devastation is used).
    poison is part of the class. no if and only if. you cannot just ignore a main source of ranger dmg.

Message Edited by zitha on 02-13-200602:33 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-TDizzle Guest

Don't forget us Warlocks have a wide array of debuff spells/mana drain/power transfer spells that can be vital to any raid...i know if im funneling power to a healer or tank thats low on mana im not gonna be pulling 1000 dps
  3. ARCHIVED-Sevman Guest

ok let me clarify some more here. These parses are based on total damage over the duration of the encounter. Divide the total number of damage from when the encounter has started until the mob is gone. This is not groups this is for a raid (usually about 12-15 dps classes attacking at once).

I dunno. Maybe some of you have like 10 healers/5 paladins on your raids and 6 dps classes where everyone's DPS is higher on raid mobs.

I parsed a complete raid from every mob. You may see your class doing 50,000 DPS or woteva you think every now and then in the raid, but many times the mobs die before you get anything off or its a single target mob and warlocks are limited. Again, get a parse from an entire raid of yours and then come here and talk about AVERAGE DPS and what your classes do - you will learn something.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

Ok let me start out by saying, ive said a number of things that make me look like a moron, but dont let that fool you that I dont know how to play my warlock. Having changed guilds quite recently, along with the fact this parse was done missing 14 masters ones from 47 to 60 and only a godking weapon as an item proc, and like 2 pieces of T6 fabled, this number is MUCH lower than the possible capicty of what a warlock can do. The real problem for the most part, as I do believe that warlocks are weaker than they should be, is that the warlock class is MUCH harder to completely master than any other dps class in the game.

conj DPS: 1054 | Damage: 5489996
    me DPS: 973 | Damage: 5070918
    assassin DPS: 818 | Damage: 4261717

This was the last complete pptr clear we did, which including loot and a 5 min break, took us under 3 hours.

BTW if you remove the last 3 named from this parse, the DPS numbers come out considerably higher, as tho 3 fights were quite long, and low DPS.
    Message Edited by Hennyo on 02-14-200601:43 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Geoff77 Guest

ding ding ding! Some people are still stuck in trying to play a warlcok from 6 months ago. I don't care what guild you're in, if you're parsing that low, you are not playing your class to it's fullest. With the exceptions of ranges, I can potentially out dps anyone else in my guild. And you can make comments like "well the rest of your players suck", but I think that's just the easy way out. We have some superb conjurors, assasins, necros, etc. And while I'm not above them always, it's defintiely a match every single raid. And that's the way it should be.
  6. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Posts some raid parses from Al'Afar and PP:R
    Also take the time to remove all damage done by the ranger from buff proc's given by other classes. Leaving credit for that damage in the Ranger's numbers unfairly inflates his DPS. I already started a thread in the combat section requesting buff proc damage be credited to the class giving the buff. This would lower the Ranger DPS and raise other classes DPS. Since this is what so many of you want I find it strange none of you have posted any support for this change.
    And using solely a parse from a raid zone you know you do your worst DPS is a sad way to try and gain attention.
    Also the Prismatic 2.0 other then mana regen does absolutely nothing for a Ranger. From a Ranger point of view it's a fun series of 25 or however many quest to gain 2 more incombat regen.
  7. ARCHIVED-Fat T Guest

"And while I'm not above them always, it's defintiely a match every single raid. And that's the way it should be."

Just a simple question, but you think that classes with more and more usefull utility spells/abilities should be on par with classes that have little utility and are supposedly "made for damage"?
  8. ARCHIVED-Poochymama p Guest

Maybe on AoE encounters you can beat them, but there is no way you can beat them in single target dmg.
    Unfortunately Wizards can never beat these classes as there AoE's don't compare to that of Warlocks.
  9. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

Actually i can compete in single target too, and i would have parsed close to double that, if i wasnt oop most of every single fight, as the zone was done non stop pulls not waiting on power at all. While on single target fights im always starting at full power, where i parse 800 to 1000 unless theres some reason that I would need to slow dps for various reasons. For example, memwipes, really bad aoes, needing to make sure of absolutly no peels, and various other things, but with that said, I can absolutly come neck and neck for single target dps with any class other than an assasin and a ranger.
  10. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

PPR is the most warlock friendly raid zone because of all the large AoE enounters so I would expect us to look best there. Also, I don't see any rangers in your parse, which is the class that is almost always at the top of any DPS parsing I do. My guild raided PPR last night with 3 rangers and they were all in the top five of all the encounters parsed. The only encounters where they weren't at least #1 and #2 were the large AoE encounters.
  11. ARCHIVED-Poochymama p Guest

PPtR is not a good zone to post for showing average Warlock DPS. This is the zone where Warlocks do the best even though they still aren't as good as Conjurors.
  12. ARCHIVED-LokiHellsson Guest

Does the parser properly credit your Warlock with Virulent Grasp damage? I noticed today that the log seemed to be crediting that damage to my Bruiser friend, but we were not running a parser.
  13. ARCHIVED-Geoff77 Guest

oh defintiely, on single target named I stand a much worse chance of beating an assasin or a even a brigand. But there's still a "chance" Just as in some aoe fights, i could potentially lose, but it's not likely. But alot of named fights in raid, as you know, include adds, or even another named (i.e. the twins in poets), where I can still aoe with pretty much impunity as long as i use concussive correctly and have a troub in my group.

Is it perfect? Nah, probably not. Just saying, it's no where near as dire as people make it out to be. I would have no complaints at all as far as the "tier 1" distictions go, except for the fact that ranges are in their own tier #1a, and the rest of us are in #1b
  14. ARCHIVED-Geoff77 Guest

no procs like that show up under the person it's on, and that goes for almost all procs. Which one could argue either was since it's your spell, but it's that person proccing it. I wouldn't want it, because then it woudl add to my hate. Just as an illusionist dynamism or a troubs precision show under our parse.
  15. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Does no one here find the irony in what he just said in a thread devoted to complaining about low DPS numbers. Guess it goes hand in hand with the thought of only posting parsers from the raid zone most warlock unfriendly. And then calling out a warlock that posts from a raid zone that is warlock friendly.
    Now at least I understand why not a single sorcer from all the complaint threads has posted in my thread requesting proc buffs be changed to work the same as healer spells. It's much better for the complainers to keep the status quo and have other classes take DPS credit for their spells so they can have a wider gap to complain about.
  16. ARCHIVED-zitha Guest

there are parsing programms that split up dps by skill.

so you can easily look up how much of everyones dmg was done by procs that someone else has put on them.

to ask for a change in game mechanics with nothing but a parsing number in mind is a very foolish request, even more so as the hoped-for information can be easily gained now already if you want to.
  17. ARCHIVED-Geoff77 Guest

I'ts not ironic.
    1. I can easily see how much one of my....err 2 damage proc's do in a parse if I wanted to. Do you have a concept of of how insigniificant that is on the total? Also, one proc is only good on the raid MT...better hope there's not another warlock in the raid, or you'll be fighting to see who puts it on! And the other proc only works on a melee PC in your own group....which best case I have a troub in my group, so he can have...and if he's not on...then no virulent grasp.
    2. I have not complained about Warlock damage once in this thread, so when trying to prove your point, please don't quote one of my posts.
    3. Who are you in game? Name/Class? Anonymous posts FTL
    Message Edited by Geoff77 on 02-15-200609:40 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

1. I'm a ranger

2. You should have a ranger in your group to take advantage of those procs.

3. Even though you can take out and see that proc damage. People don't since leaving it in makes for a wider DPS gap.

4. It doesn't matter anymore. The newest nerf just added to beta dropped rangers down to tier 3 DPS and will near eliminate ranger solo play.

5. Time for you guys to find a new class to turn on and start getting them nerf'd into uselessness.
  19. ARCHIVED-zitha Guest

if you ever had taken your time to look at detailed parsing results you would know that sorcerer dps is shown pretty accurate even in normal simple parses. actually its shown slightly too high usually if you offset proc buffs sorcerer give to others against proc buffs they get from others.
    Even with the changed proc chance ranger will be able to do higher dps in average than sorcerer (btw. this info you can also get by simply looking at detailed parses as they show you exactly how much of your dps comes from procs). So unless you consider sorcerer damage tier 4 dps, i would have to consider your comment a hefty exaggeration...or more likely some meaningless blah blah without any real supporting facts.
  20. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Raid Rangers in Beta that have been beta buffed to 70 with full masters and AA are doing 450-600 DPS. This isn't L60 but at L70 with all masters. It's not hard to guess where a ranger that doesn't have full fable and full masters will end up at. Not only can't they come close to a sorcer they can't beat rouges or even brawlers. As it stands now Rangers are getting kicked back to where they were before DoF. Fighting to stay above Zerkers and being looked down on by the Brawlers.