Raid-Zone DPS parse by class

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Sevman, Feb 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Sevman Guest

Here is a complete raid DPS parse by class for a T6 raid zone.

I am only listing the top 10 as they are the only ones doing serious DPS. This is a fairly typical parse. The constants are the rangers, assassin and necromancer at top.

Ranger | 802 DPS
    Ranger | 719
    Brigand| 534
    Assassin| 478
    Necromancer | 468
    Berzerker| 441
    Wizard | 430
    Warlock | 405
    Wizard | 272
    Berzerker | 270

So when Moorgard said there was Tier1 DPS he meant that there was Tier1 ELITE (Rangers) and Tier1 midrange (brigs, assassin, necros, conjurors), and there was Tier1 **** (warlocks, wizards).

We are raiding guild so If I didnt raid I would quit playing. I do not see many reasons why a guild would add warlocks to their raid rosters for the time being due to the fact that we do very little DPS compared to MANY other classes and have virtually no uniqure or even good utiliities.
    Message Edited by Sevman on 02-06-200604:48 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Wolverine7 Guest

Your necromancer musta been slacking ;) Usually they're giving the Ranger a run for it. Seriously, though, that sounds pretty accurate from my parses as well for what a server top guild with fabled/master gear & spells looks like on your average raid target (shift things a bit higher for AE group encounters, but generally the same rankings). I've got pages of parses and logs, but I have yet to see any devs comment on why Blackguard's tier structure is so skewed.

What makes Ranger dps really sick is they have a concentration skill to reduce aggro. So when you see these parses with a Ranger doing 800-1000 dps, rest of guild doing 400 dps and mob aggros the person 2nd or 3rd on the hate list.

From a 'balance' perspective, I would agree that the devs have balanced Wizards and Warlocks. Even on AE mobs, wizards have been given a decent chunk of AE power, and tend to track well with the warlocks. The problem is that neither of the sorceror classes is #1 in DPS, by a long shot. Tier2 anyone?

Message Edited by Wolverine7 on 02-06-200608:07 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-TheBladesCaress Guest

Necro definitely slacking. Mustnt have a Conjurer to take first place ;) Might be from the new broken combat logs not putting the owner name in the pet name since LU19.

Those number look very typical of any of our raids (except PPtR), parsed over the whole raid.

There is no reason to recruit warlocks. They do lower DPS and bring almost no utility to a raid.

We can only hope that Renaven and Moonspark can get us some help, while NPU has the Dev's ear. Otherwise may as well hang up the robe and change classes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Burnout Guest

i have the strong feeling the devs are trying to patch out warlocks step by step...
  5. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

it sure feels that way don't it?
  6. ARCHIVED-Hiro32 Guest

well since LU 19 the parser is very different.. on solo mobs you will notice that bruisers are usually on the top of the list or pretty close to it. also conj and necros ARE not on the parser anymore but there pet certainly is usually in 2nd or 3rd since they made pet DPS seperate from owner DPS. I laughed sooo hard when the parser was broken out that night and the conj in our guild was being beaten by our warden but there stupid pet was 2nd on the parser. On AoE mobs warlocks can usually pull top DPS or at least I can in my guild but for longer sustained fights the warlocks DPS slips very very fast and we do usually end up under the normal tier 1 DPS that or we just pull agro in the first 20 seconds of fight and die.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dolamaine Guest

heh, you guys missing Pris 2.0 and a group troubador or something? that warlock's parse is about 200 low at least
  8. ARCHIVED-Schaestmos Guest

yeah with a troubador and dynamism and godking weapon you can pull over 600 dps, especially if you have more than one brigand and they call dispatch. But then maybe you should ask yourself if it is fair that we REQUIRE a troub for not getting aggro and doing acceptable dps, while scout classes can deaggro with their own abilities far better than we can and do as much damage without another class to help. Also, their rangers also weren't doing as high as I have seen, and in any case they are still hitting 800 which is 33% higher than 600, in perspective upgrading from adept3-master1 only gives you 15% increase in damage for a spell.

oh and another note, with live update 19 mobs now use abilities by class (which I think is really cool btw makes it more interesting and challenging) the downside is with mobs taunting and using interrupt/focus debuff abilities and tons of dots, I can no longer cast 4 second spells (devastation/nil absolution) when being attacked by 4 triple down arrow mobs at once. I tried it, I got interrupted 13 times before I got nil absolution off on the group of 4 coin bodyguards in maj'dul. can we get these cast times looked at please? that would be good..

~morb
  9. ARCHIVED-BtilTheMage Guest

SOE needs to hurry up and put Sorcerers back at the top where they belong. This is ridiculous. No class should be outdamaging us this consistantly in our specialty areas.
  10. ARCHIVED-CrimsonAvenger Guest

Not a relevant comparison. So I got to get a godking and troub in my party to add 1/3rd more damage? And what if the rangers and assassins get the godking also, doesnt that boost them up even more?
    Personally, id rather not rely on a 25 part quest and another person showing up to make me raidable. ((Troub didn't show up? Guess I better log then? See you guys later? Have fun?))
    The ranger, assassin, and necro can be in any of the groups and shine and that's where I want to be also.
    I want either
    A) an advanced AOE type concussion spell thats a buff
    or
    B) my AOE's replaced by single target dots or single target DDs
    AND
    C) SHORTER RECAST TIMES!
  11. ARCHIVED-sebbe_dovresjo Guest

well these figures cant be vs Aeing mobs or ur chanter is slacking.
  12. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

If you read the original post it says, "Here is a complete raid DPS parse by class for a T6 raid zone". No raid zone has all AE encounters so over an entire raid our DPS is going to be mediocre at best. Although, I can get to the top DPS spot in many AE encounters it's still a challange and it no way compensates for our tier 2 or 3 single target DPS.
  13. ARCHIVED-TizZle Guest

Good luck on this ... there's a nice 4 to 5 page post in the spells and combat arts section on this topic. Go post this there where numerous others have voiced there opinion on us gimped sorcerors. =/ I put a breakdown of our ranger doing over 1000dps on a solo x4. She can also do 800-1000 on group mobs also... Not sure if rangers have got nerfed yet since that post i made. Their poison damage makes up like 1/3 their dps...
  14. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

Well that isnt a good example of what a good warlock is going to do on a zonewide parse, anything below 600 for a zonewide parse in ANY t6 raid zone is pitful display of what a warlock can do.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mastire Guest

Agreed most raids I do 600-800 DPS and the only class that out damages me is the ranger.
  16. ARCHIVED-Wolverine7 Guest

Don't laugh too hard... those pets can parse higher than warlocks and wizards too ;p Pet ~ 400 dps, conj/nec ~ 300 dps = 700 due to that player. Compare that to your favorite sorceror clocking in around 400. Always nice for the ego to see Imapetletmepull beating you on the parse...

In my opinion, warlocks should be tops in AE situations hands down, but it seems that our friends the rangers excel there too. Berserkers also like to bust out the attacks around that point, so there's heavy competition on AE.
  17. ARCHIVED-Alza Guest

Your assassin sucks major [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. That is all.
  18. ARCHIVED-Sevman Guest

ok. let me clarify a few things.
    1) The zone is Gates (which WAS an ANTI-warlock zone with all the posion resists). Now the resists are gone but I think its still difficult to do top damage.
    2) I do have Pris 2.0 and troubador in group with full hate resist - BUT I died more on this raid than anyone else - prolly 3x total. We had no wipes on the zone.
    3) If a top class is missing its probably because they were'nt on this night.
    4) I probably could have pulled 450- 475 but not any higher without dying more often.
    5) The Necro usually does more dmg. They nerfed how the encounters are read so parsers werent putting pets with owners. I manaully added the top 2 pets to the Necro but may have not included some temp pets if I did not know who they belonged to.
    6) Rangers were proccing all their weapons and after nerf its still ridiculous how often they proc weapons/armor.
    7) To be honest. On most of the mobs in The Gates, either the mobs were dead or my target was dead before I could get anything off (and yes i off- target MT). On the Nameds I fared better but anything with less HP its was down fast
  19. ARCHIVED-SmEaGoLLuM86 Guest

Message Edited by SmEaGoLLuM86 on 02-07-200606:31 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-radical_EDWARD Guest

Named Fight Facts (NPU) - 27 total encounters
    On 19 named monster encounters, Warlocks have done an average of 983,560 damage and 692.78 DPS.
    On 25 named monster encounters, Necromancers have done an average of 1,349,630 damage and 741.00 DPS.On 26 named monster encounters, Wizards have done an average of 1,344,497 damage and 765.07 DPS.On 27 named monster encounters, Assassins have done an average of 1,744,112 damage and 915.56 DPS.On 25 named monster encounters, Conjurers have done an average of 1,747,589 damage and 1013.25 DPS.On 10 named monster encounters, Rangers have done an average of 562,671 damage and 1018.59 DPS.
    parses taken from all raid zone names and contestables :)
    [IMG]