Raid wizzy poulation

Discussion in 'Mages' started by The Duke, Dec 18, 2015.

1. The Duke New Member

Why did the devs break the two main dps classes? Wizards and warlocks?????
  2. The Duke New Member

I just can not believe how big of a screw up the programmers have made with their 2 main dps classes. We are not utlity. We have one place in a raid and that's to bring the heavy dps. Yet you nerf the 2 main dps classes to where they cant even get a spot in a raid. Ive raided for 11 years here on eq2...i was the first wizard to get his mythical weapon. I held the word dps record for eq2 for 2 years...So yes i know my mechanics,,,And yes they are broken. The best geared wizy in the game is daray...and guess what...hes 4th 5th on the parse...next to utlity classes...REALY...my god do you deves even know what raiding is any more????????? You are gonna have anouther mas exodus if you don't fix this crap.YOU HAVE IGNORED US LONG ENOUGH. we pay for this game to have fun...not guess what the devs are gona do next to screw us.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Hey look, another "Omg why do you hate X Class" thread with no evidence of the slightest, and no logic behind it.

Must be a Friday again
    Laiina and Tyman like this.
  4. The Duke New Member

I can and will present the break down of ever fight...from 6 years ago to to day...i can show you per spell what when wrong from the intended use from the original programmers....Proof...hahaha numbers do not lie...So error...what your biggest mistake is...You opened your mouth and ignorance spewed out...When they break your class...and they will...and you can tell because your ACT tells you they broak it...I hope that some one says OMG X class is broaken...with out the slightest evidence..."i mean re read your sentence" Because im not a mele im not broken...is what your saying. That is just not logical at all...in fact is is the spewing of a moron.
  5. Ragna Well-Known Member

People thinking/saying that Wiz/Lock are the only main DPS classes are more responsible for the nerfs than the devs IMO.

Seriously, why bother with any Predators, Summoners (and to a lesser extent Rogues) if that was the case ?
  6. The Duke New Member

OMG.error...your a baby toon...2012...hahahaha i get it...you don't even know what the word dps mechanics means. hahahahahah...You got here right after the nerf....i could fart more dps that any ranger in the game..Their was one sin...from the unrest server "Beatdowcity" That could keep up with me...Every time i look at your comment..i just realize how far eq2 is from their original as intended game play.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I could complain Rangers haven't been topping parses for a long time now, but do you see any rangers doing it?

Feel free to post proper maths into why Wizards are now so far down the DPS ladder, you say they are barely matching utility classes?

And just because my signatured toon is a newer one, doesn't mean I haven't been here since 2004.
  8. The Duke New Member

Ok so the main dps classes...per the devs...are now no longer able to even compete with t1 dps....is that what they intended because i was the top dps for 2 years...i mean relay...Im guessing not...
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

At least you decided to start a totally anonymous account to hide behind. Perhaps you are just bad and now look even more bad.
  10. The Duke New Member

Some one pretending to be a long time player...must be friday
  11. The Duke New Member

Awww...your so new that you didn't think to hide your toons ...Hummm me smell a noob...you see...i hate trolls and ive seemed to have found one...because your in the wrong chat...do you have a wizy or warlock?...You have a different toon...commenting on wizy mechanics moron
  12. The Duke New Member

Spit paw realy...you do know all of the top raiding guilds are on majdul...i happen to be in one of the top ones...means i know what end game raiding is...your not even on the cusp of what i have achieved...why in the world are you commenting here???????
  13. The Duke New Member

Hello fellow wizards, My name is Lord Earling...I held the dps record for 2 years as a wizard. I had to take a break due to business related issues. I get back to see the "true dps classes" nerfed beyond belief. We have one job we have no support spells no utility, So why in the world would they nerf the 2 main dps classes...warlocks are aoe wizzys are single...DEVS look at your wizard population you are killing 2 entire classes with your "bowing down "to PC bull crap again, this is an adut game why are you bowing down to children that cant play at all" and nerf the ones that can. Ive raided in eq2 from the start, and this is by far the biggest screw up ive ever seen. Ive never cried on the forums ever...but that seems to be the only way to get the devs attion...YOU BROAK 2 ENTIRE CLASSES. The mechanics we were intended to have have been striped. Just cancel warlocks and wizards If you cant take the pride in your own coding work.
  14. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I agree about the wizard situation have been bad for quite a while now. Wizard is my favourite class but why bother when I can do tremendously better on a Sin?
    Raff and DoomDrake like this.
  15. The Duke New Member

Im rely hoping the devs will fix or at least listen to their class A bug finders that helped them launch this game..Ive raided 11 years on a wzard,,,to have to change my class just to get a spot in raid...damn...Now see error...see the server tag....his input is relive yours is not. I am truly sorry to all the wizards and locksatrs out their that have to quit the game due to limited play time in raids. Been fun guys...Rock out with your wands out.
  16. The Duke New Member

I bet your sin has less gear? And out dps the wizy toon...
  17. The Duke New Member

And why did the "wizy cloak lower my dps ...to hype a cloak that sux...is not funny...at all...cut the recast in half if you want to fix the best wizzy cloak ever.....
  18. Maldek Active Member

Since this topic has already been hashed over in the "Deleting my Warlock" thread, I'll take this opportunity to think outside the box about how this came about and some ways the Devs could re-think the fairness and roles of Scouts and Mages.

If I look at what classes were supposed to be, Scouts were meant to be modestly-armored with better-than-tank (but worse than mage) damage output. How else do you make it fair that an Assassin can mitigate more incoming damage than a Wizard? If their damages are meant to be equal, then the Wizard should be allowed to wear chainmail and Parry and Riposte and all that good stuff.

But since raid settings are often not about mitigating physical damage (they're usually resist checks albeit with the occasional Crushing AoE, but either of which are just about having +Resists and a minimum amount of HP). Raid incoming damage is almost solely delegated to Fighter-classes, with the occasional Scout tank (typically Brigand) on special encounters (e.g. the Grimlins in Ssra). But think about that example -- a Brigand can effectively tank a raid mob in AoM and now in ToT can also out-damage any Mage with the "re-balanced" +30% to abilities.

Mages were meant to be the least-armored highest-damage output. But right now the damage output of almost any Scout and especially a Beastlord or Ranger typically tops a Wizard or Warlock. Yet no Robe-wearing class can stand toe-to-toe with mobs for longer than a Scout. I won't claim to have raided every endgame encounter, but I know of 0 examples where a Mage is expected to tank an epic mob or mitigate anything aside from having +Resists and HP (which goes for every raid member, Mage, Priest, Scout or otherwise)

Unfortunately, the long-term balanced solution would be to design raid encounters where incoming damage matters to everyone. Where the Mage group would need 2 healers while the Scout group could survive with just 1. That would achieve some balance where in a Mage group with 4 mages and 2 healers, each mage would individually outdamage each Scout, but the Scout group (5 scouts, 1 healer) can collectively tie the Mage group (i.e. Scout does 80% of the damage of the Mage)

Maybe this isn't as hard as I think, I don't know, as I don't design MMO encounters, I've just experienced them and am providing my feedback. But I think that given the distribution of abilities, if a Scout can do as much damage as a Mage, and has better defensive abilities, why would anyone raid with a Mage? Realistically, why would anyone play a Mage, when they can do as much damage playing a Scout and their Scout character will survive against mobs for longer...

While I've only touched upon Mitigation so far, I think the 'gifts' of Utility are also important, although I say that tongue in cheek, as I also think that 'Utility' leaves something to be desired in its current state. But assuming Utility mattered again like it once did, it also plays a role in my final parting thought, which is a list of how I would expect Classes to parse, assuming all things equal (i.e. equal gear levels, equal Masters, equal player skill, etc, all that). This is how I would expect DPS to rank, based on the classes' ability to mitigate incoming damage and provide utility to a group.
    1. Sorcerer -- low mitigation, least utility
    2. Predator -- medium mitigation, least utility
    3. Summoner -- low mitigation, some utility
    4. Rogue -- medium mitigation, some utility
    5. Beastlord -- medium mitigation, good utility*
    6. Enchanter -- low mitigation, high utility
    7. Bard -- medium mitigation, high utility
    (*) I'll admit that I struggle with #4 and #5 as I thought Beastlords were supposed to be a DPS class with a jack-of-all-trades utiilty (i.e. they can tank, heal, or damage based on stances). In practice, all I'm seeing is a DPS scout, so maybe they belong above Rogues. I also admit that I'm opening a can of worms bringing up "Utility" at the end when most of us know it's been marginalized lately.

But in closing, I think the reason we keep seeing threads like these in the Mage forum is that this 'natural' order of things is broken. Beastlords are topping the parse while Wizards struggle to outparse Brigands. Something doesn't seem right, and I think it could be because Mitigation has been ignored and replaced with Resists, or it could be that the Scout ability buff just went too far (why 30%? did anyone test 14.5% or 18.3% or some other non-round numbers?).
    Amoon likes this.
  19. The Duke New Member

They are the main dps classes...if you read the description when you are making a toon,,your logic would mean they need to class balance ever one right now...let the people with raid mechanics move forward and the face rollers fall to the side.Means any class can compete...well...its not that way...it has never been that way,,,and most likely will never become that way.It why they give you a choice in classes....to pick a main dps class and not be able to dps. I get the nerf...wizys and locks were on top for 5 years...then the mele cryed soooo much that they get their hay day...well...now they are losing wizys and locks big time...why because the class is broken and unbalanced to let the meles feel like they were good.. They will have to fix it soon just to get back the players they are losing to other classes....it always happens...
  20. The Duke New Member

I LOVE YOU MAN...tytyty
    Amoon likes this.