Raid Parcels

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mercychalice, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

The fact that these are filled with adornments is crap. It's all I'm getting. There's other stuff in the boxes, but adornments. And they're crap adornments that are useless to me. I've even gotten repeats of adornments that are no-trade, which is even more useless. They're honestly making me angry. I'd like to see actual loot. Not getting raid loot with completion of the weeklies has made raiding tedious and disheartening, and difficult to achieve this year. This is terrible. I used to love raiding. I was so excited to raid with my friends every week. Now I show up for coins and terrible adornments, and maybe seeing 3-4 pieces of loot a night for the entire raid. The last three years of raiding have been declining in enjoyment, but this year in particular is extremely bad for enjoyment. I, as a raider, am not enthusiastic about fulfilling weeklies for just coin. I am tired of RNG-dependent loot. I am tired of seeing a plethora of plate and leather, but barely any chain, and a modicum of cloth. I am tired of the folks leading this game thinking that loot should be so ultra rare that "time played equals fun".

Please, think better of your community. There are so few of us left that even forming a group to do heroics is extremely difficult this year. I am telling you with this post, that quality of time pays for itself, and this year is not meeting what I would deem quality. I am putting in the time, and still coming away extremely dissatisfied and reaching a point of begrudging my log-in. Putting in the hours of time to accomplish, well, really, nothing, is not making me happy or willing to pay for another year of this.

This is by far the worst year I have ever seen in regards to both raiding and heroic grouping.
    FuRiouSOne, Bhayar, Arclite and 3 others like this.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

If you're only seeing 3-4 pieces of loot a night for the entire raid, then obviously you're just starting out and getting into the content. Those two items, when u get them, will travel a ways into your raiding experience then. A few years ago, we all complained about getting the same loot for finishing raid weeklies. We all had it by week 4 lol. Then last year the crates put everyone ahead of raid gear and it just sucked because you walked into the zone and needed nothing. The only slowing down factor was broken mages. This year the resolve check is steep, but most guilds start it at 50 under and go from there. I'm not sure how many boxes you've gotten, but if you've gotten more than 5 already, then it means you have a small raid force or its not going to everyone, or your raid is getting drops off every piece of trash which up front in the zones it seems to drop less than down below in the T2 areas, which if I had to guess, you're not at that part yet, if you're only seeing 2-4 pieces of loot a night. The T1 from plateau dropped 4 items alone this morning in my morning raid.

Sorry its not hand you out loot on a platter, but at least until the badlands raid, raid mobs weren't broken and were killable :)
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Currently, poking the Rath Mana guy, so past T2. Thank you. With a force of 30+ raiders, it takes a while to cycle boxes around. I have gotten 4 boxes, and all 4 boxes have been adornments, and 2 of those boxes have been repeat adornments of one I already possess. So I guess my luck is just in the toilet then. At any rate, this has ceased to be a game and become work, and the fun factor has been declining to a point where I do believe I have reached a point where I find my time elsewhere more valuable. I've been holding on out of nostalgia and the people I play with.
    FuRiouSOne likes this.
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

You said seeing 3-4 peices of gear a night for the raid. If you're past T2 then with only certain t3 open until takish then of course.. it's called progression, not hand me out free gear lol.. we got so spoiled with crates last year. We are currently in takish and still have raiders with no items from the crates either, but they still roll through h2 and h3, which is possible if you're killing up to the priest. We have a force of 30 raiders. We've allowed each person to roll until they have gotten one of the items and then they are out of the mix until everyone has an item. You don't need the 440 item from the boxes to progress at all. It's a want. It's only truely work if you make it so. If you're progressing and at the t3 priestess then it really can't be that horrible and of course you're only seeng limited gear.. you're only killing one t3 mob now, my guess being you're not killing preistess and snake yet.. but that will change when they reduce the resists needed to kill it.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

8 boxes. 8 adorns. 4 repeats. this system is as obnoxious as lemon scented horse turds. i can not be nicer about my opinion. a box full of adorns is crap. i can't even use the repeats. really, there if they're going to be no-trade, there should at least be a flag on them so i can't get them anymore after i've received them, and they should be flagged for the merchant, so that other stuff can cycle through the box. cause I'm tired of getting crappy adorns that i wouldn't even put on my upteenth alts.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Don't worry. Soon you'll be able to purchase extra chances at raid loot rolls and maybe even purchase something else that improves your dice by a set amount, depending on how much you spend.
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Yeah...no. I refuse to buy into that. It's trash. Just put the loot in the game, on a merchant, so I have a goal to aim for and actually enjoy my play time.
    Dude likes this.
  8. RubyHOF Member

The adornments are the most valuable items out of those boxes for t3 raiders.

Also come to isle of refuge for double loot on weekends in raids... If that's a concern for you. Two raiding guilds there to join.